hulika

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1089 times)

Offline gnosticwarriorpriest

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Hello
« on: January 23, 2007, 08:43:14 AM »
Hello, I'm Michael Richard.  I'm a friend of ussfdoc who is on this forum.

I'm American and I'm a Priest in the Gnostic Order of Jesus Christ, which is what some people call the Orthodox Catholic Church.  I would guess the biggest difference in the Orthodox and Roman Catholic Church is that we Priests in the Orthodox Church can marry.  So with that said, I'm married to a Filipina and have 5 children ranging in ages from 11 to 32.

My interests are spiritual things and music.  I'm really into the old classic blues based rock from the 60's up until about 1980. My favorites are Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, The Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane and The Beatles, but I also love a good healthy dose of people like Chuck Berry, BB King and Johnny Lee Hooker.

Gear wise - I don't have a lot, mostly because with a vow of poverty, I can't really justify buying a whole lot of things personally, so I'm just using an old Gibson Acoustic Guitar and I have a 1996 model MIM Fender Strat with texas special single coil pickups in it.  I don't use any effects, and I run these through a VOX Pathfinder 15R - which is good enough for me since I don't gig anyway.

Thanks for letting me register as a member here and I look forward to participating in the forum.

God Bless,

Michael

Offline ussfdoc

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 08:46:50 AM »
Just caught my bro Fr. Michael's introduction here.

He's a cool dude and to think he's a Priest also!!!

We have some cool conversations and he ain't too shabby on a guitar either.  One of these days he might even convert my religiously skeptical self  :evil:

But seriously, he don't try to do stuff like that - and only brings up the topic of spirituality and religion if you ask.

Welcome bro!

Hey my wife joined this forum too but I don't think she has written a post yet.

Regards,
Be well,

"Doc Rick"  Even when life is a bed or roses, there are still those damn thorns!!

Offline LORD_TAMSZ

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 05:28:56 PM »
welcome michael.
we hope you'll enjoy it here at philmusic :-)

"...remember kids, there are no stupid questions...just stupid people..."-- Mr. Garrison, South Park

Offline drummer_boy17

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 05:41:15 PM »
welcome to Philmusic
FLY FAST PHOTOGRAPHY: Click Here