hulika

Author Topic: open letter  (Read 1726 times)

Offline anth0neee

• Philmusicus Noobitus
open letter
« on: November 14, 2005, 09:34:35 PM »
This is an open letter to the music community and to music lovers everywhere. My name is Anthony Feliciano. I am a musician. I am in love with what I do. Aside from creating music, I run the music department of a multi-national entertainment company. I am writing this letter because I believe that the industry could stand a measure of professionalism. I don’t believe that artists can throw tantrums or act unreasonably because they’re artists. I think those of us who know the value of a good work ethic owe it to our craft to stand up and speak out when something is not right.

In a nutshell, this is my grievance. I have worked with a group of young musicians for the better part of a year. I’ve given them my creativity, let them use my material, let them use my branding. I’ve trained them in everything from arranging, projection, and imaging. Most of all, I’ve tried to instill a love of music and their talent into them. I’ve attempted to be professional but at the same time, I’ve spoken my mind.

I also knew that these young people had needs. That is why I proposed that they go abroad to seek their fortunes for a while. They were hesitant about that but I knew they needed the opportunity. Keep in mind I did not ask for any amount of money connected to that venture. What happened is this. I spoke to them with my temporary replacement and laid out a strategic plan. They would come back after their stint abroad and we would continue with our creative projects. Creative projects which drew us together in the first place. Imagine my dismay when, after a show, they informed me that they were abandoning the group that we had built. They were going with my replacement and there was no two ways about it. I had to withdraw our participation from 14 immediate clients because of this whole situation. They wanted nothing to do with me for fear of offending my replacement who was being pursued by other groups. In their words “this is our hope for going abroad.”

So an idea that was conceived in altruism was turned against me. They had not even been considering going abroad until I broached the topic. I feel  that old conflicts and squabbles played a large part in their decision. Let it never be said however that I was unprofessional. Even they will tell you I  gave my all even if we did not see eye to eye on certain aspects of our work process.

I feel what they did is unprofessional and such behavior has no place in this industry. This may be commonplace but perhaps it's so because we accept it as normal. Some may call this whining but I choose to view it as letting the truth be known. I call upon the DFA, the BIR, the BOI, and TESDA to take notice of this situation. I call upon all in the industry to take notice. By all means, hear them out if you wish. I have merely stated the facts. I have nothing to hide. You may contact me at:

The individuals are:

Rio Lourdes Siao
Randy Suazo
Eric Cabahug
Brian Pilones
Barry Visoc

I have nothing to hide. You may contact me at:

me@tonfeliciano.com