hulika

Author Topic: Rectorizer: The Review  (Read 51942 times)

Offline trem3

• Philmusicus Addictus
Rectorizer: The Review
« on: October 03, 2010, 01:01:50 PM »
Good day!

The clone of Wampler's Triple Wreck... The Rectorizer made by PLUG Electronics (plugzzz). To say the least, this pedal is a MESA Boogie Triple Rectifier in a box. Very versatile high gain distortion pedal I love it!

So let's go to my review:

Sound: I love the bass response in this pedal, CHUG CHUG machine! If you're familiar with Mark Tremonti's sound, it's close to it. But if you wanna go trebley, there would be no problem on this very versatile pedal. From bluesy crunch to NU metal, the possibilities are endless. Even at high gain, the notes are still clear. Again, the bass response of this pedal is what makes so special... You gotta hear it personally. It's Triple Wreck clone, it's 100% like Triple Wreck.

Ease of use: Controls present in this pedal are Bass, Mid, Treble, Gain, Volume/Level, Gain and the Crunch/Smooth. Say what?! Crunch/Smooth control? Yes, Crunch/Smooth control. How to use it? Just step on the Boost switch and dial the Crunch/Smooth control to get that Metal Muff sound... very warm I should say. It's really hard to explain but it's there and it sounds good.

There are also Vintage and Warm Mode Control. Vintage says MESA Boogie Triple Rectifier... and for me the Warm mode is like a Marshall mode. Again, very versatile.

Durability & Looks: Looks great, MESA looks, like a MESA Amp converted into a pedal. Durablity, this is built for war, heavy and very sturdy... this thing will last forever.

Verdict: I've always liked the MESA Triple Recto amp, I love the sound of it... Wampler's Triple Wreck made it a possiblity but Plugzzz Rectorizer made it happen! Easy to use pedal, versatile and durable. For the price I paid, it's a steal. Made from premium parts, it really sounds good. Plug it into any amplifiers, I say it'll still sound great. Just perfect for my set-up.

- Demo by Plugzzz with my actual unit of the Rectorizer... I say you gotta hear it personally... much much much better.

Thanks!
Click Here

Offline Ben Tsing Co

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Rectorizer: The Review
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 01:46:34 PM »
Nice review  :-D

I dream of having this pedal but due to financial constraints, my dream of having it will have to wait  :-(
“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Offline plugzzzz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 02:18:14 PM »
salamat sa review bro :)
Kapag merong tanong o ikay naguguluhan igoogle mo

PLUGELECTRONIC'S RECTORIZER

Offline gwenmoyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 05:54:53 PM »
Nice review  :-D

I dream of having this pedal but due to financial constraints, my dream of having it will have to wait  :-(

Pagawa na tayo men. Gusto ko marinig in person bago ako pagawa.
whoa! nice rig you got there, DINOSAUR!!!

Offline rolexm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 07:44:50 PM »
Where can I test before buying?

Offline gwenmoyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 08:00:24 PM »

Sa may area yata ng sm north. Basta malapit dun. PM plugzz for exact details.
whoa! nice rig you got there, DINOSAUR!!!

Offline trem3

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 08:17:04 PM »
Yup PM nyo lang si Plugzzz, very accomodating sya.

Test nyo na ang Rectorizer... it's a beast!
Click Here

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 10:13:38 PM »

+1

Worth trying.  :wink:
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline lykenhowl

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 10:54:16 PM »
When we had a shootout at plugzz place back then I didn't pay attention to it since I was so amazed by the Pinnacle that he had and I wasn't really looking for a high gain pedal back then but after that di na nawala sa isip ko yung tunog ng rectorizer. I thought I was already contented with the recti channel on my Vox Bulldog but after I compared it against the Rectorizer the Vox Bulldog sounded thin and lifeless unlike the Rectorizer which has full bodied distortion.

To those who wants to try it you can just go to Plugz place sa likod ng SM north. Accommodating naman siya eh and I assure you that when comparing the Rectorizer and the Triple wreck you will probably hear no difference same with the Pinnacle and Eruption...... Wala na lang sisihan kung magka-GAS kayo dun.

Offline plugzzzz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 07:12:01 AM »

likod lang akoh ng SM north edsa place ko...gagawa muna ako ng demo unit nake trem3 na kasi yung unang mesa look rectorizer :-D :-D :-D :-D

Offline firewaterjem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010, 08:14:04 AM »

pa-PM naman ng prize nito   8-)

Offline ian13

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 09:16:56 AM »
sir plugzz, nice pedal pa-pm na din ng price. thanks

Offline trem3

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2010, 10:23:16 AM »
When we had a shootout at plugzz place back then I didn't pay attention to it since I was so amazed by the Pinnacle that he had and I wasn't really looking for a high gain pedal back then but after that di na nawala sa isip ko yung tunog ng rectorizer. I thought I was already contented with the recti channel on my Vox Bulldog but after I compared it against the Rectorizer the Vox Bulldog sounded thin and lifeless unlike the Rectorizer which has full bodied distortion.

To those who wants to try it you can just go to Plugz place sa likod ng SM north. Accommodating naman siya eh and I assure you that when comparing the Rectorizer and the Triple wreck you will probably hear no difference same with the Pinnacle and Eruption...... Wala na lang sisihan kung magka-GAS kayo dun.

Very true! Parang unang chug chug ko pa lang yata sabi ko kay Plugzzz, "tol kukunin ko na yan ha". Para sa akin ang pinaka-strength talaga ng Rectorizer yung bass response, ang taba ng tunog at yung versatility... thanks to the Vintage & Warm Mode. Tama rin si sir Lykenhowl, buong buo ang tunog at any level of gain.

likod lang akoh ng SM north edsa place ko...gagawa muna ako ng demo unit nake trem3 na kasi yung unang mesa look rectorizer :-D :-D :-D :-D

Yup! I thought you could easily raise the price for the unit since "limited edition" at pinaka unang MESA look design... but you still gave it to me at a fair and reasonable price.

Ganyan kahusay si Plugzzzz, he even showed me the premium parts for the Rectorizer.

PM nyo lang si Plugzzzz about pricing and location.
Click Here

Offline Ben Tsing Co

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2010, 11:48:22 AM »
Pagawa na tayo men. Gusto ko marinig in person bago ako pagawa.

Sasamahan na lang kita men  :-D Alam mo naman na poor boy ako ngayon  :cry:
“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Offline KASALANAN

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2010, 12:07:04 PM »

sir plugzzz ok lang naman siguro na dalhin namen yun guitar and setup namen pag tinest yung pedal niyo right? :-D :-D

anyways this thread gave me a greater craving for this pedal :-D
references:mrpentatonic,mavsweep,pepeman,guitarpoets, studiowan,shredmaestrobri,sereyor,darkflan,maniacally_cool,bentoinks, kurseth,caloi,alcohol,ryansatriani,rg570,jhule77,ARIS,freongang,jamesroy,brianlp,nimrodthebomber,gruthang,inigo,buls,tapslore,

Offline plugzzzz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2010, 01:32:27 PM »
sir plugzzz ok lang naman siguro na dalhin namen yun guitar and setup namen pag tinest yung pedal niyo right? :-D :-D

anyways this thread gave me a greater craving for this pedal :-D

Oo naman bro mas ok nga yun para alam natin kung mag wowork sa setup nyo yung pedal....

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2010, 04:03:45 PM »
When i heard Plugzzz's demo of this pedal (Thanks bro, you were kind enough to record me a clip using your C30), kahit hindi ka fan ng recto sounds, magugustuhan mo ito.

Kung hindi ka familiar sa amp voicings, hindi mo iisipin na based siya sa Mesa Boogie. I mean, you can get your own sound with the pedal. I was actually looking for a thick and heavy distortion sometime back, hindi ko inisip na voiced siya after a Recto. Basta nagustuhan ko lang yung bigat niya at yung nag-uumapaw na gain.

Medyo nahinder lang ako sa pagpapagawa kasi nakahanap ako ng ok na dist sa tube amp. But that's a different story.

Long story short, this is one good pedal for getting your desired thick and heavy dist sound regardless of its voicing. Metal to Classic and Heavy Rock, palagay ko sisiw lang dito.  :-)

Offline rolexm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2010, 08:45:57 PM »

Bro make a unit that looks like that Mesa-looking rectorizer. I'll A/B it with my Tech 21 California (Trade? LOL) and will be cash ready when I come over.

Offline plugzzzz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2010, 10:12:03 PM »
Bro make a unit that looks like that Mesa-looking rectorizer. I'll A/B it with my Tech 21 California (Trade? LOL) and will be cash ready when I come over.

not into trade right now kasi solve nako sa recto-rizer built ko and yung toneczar clone so im not looking for other dirt pedals..its that great sounding naka stambay nalang yung koch pedaltone ko lol...

Offline trem3

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2010, 10:57:32 PM »
kahit ako, tapos ang GAS ko sa dirt pedals...

parang may MESA Boogie Triple Recto na ako... pwera bola.
Click Here

Offline trem3

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2010, 12:05:13 AM »
demo unit is available..anyone who is interested to test and hear the pedal just PM/Text me when

uy sama! para naman mabisita ko ulit si stephen! hehehehe

MESA looks din ba bro?
Click Here

Offline rolexm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2010, 07:11:55 PM »
I am so effin ready.

Offline trem3

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2010, 09:48:08 PM »
I am so effin ready.

pagawa na sir! sulit na sulit!
Click Here

Offline rolexm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2010, 07:53:31 AM »
report about your rectorizer eto yung enclosure dadalin ko mamaya sa nag chrochrome  usually take 2weeks or more bago makuha

@trem3 dalawa na kayong me mesa look me kambal na unit mo

Yeboi.  :evil:

Offline trem3

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2010, 02:04:45 PM »
report about your rectorizer eto yung enclosure dadalin ko mamaya sa nag chrochrome  usually take 2weeks or more bago makuha

@trem3 dalawa na kayong me mesa look me kambal na unit mo

oo nga!

astig! consistent pa gumawa si plugzzz, party party pagkatapos!

sulit yan sir rolex di ka titipirin...
Click Here