hulika

Author Topic: The PRS Thread...  (Read 495540 times)

Offline rnodern

• Netizen Level
Re: The PRS Thread...
« Reply #2825 on: May 14, 2017, 12:40:39 PM »
heres a closer look.

Looks awesome. Interesting inlays. Never really seen such colourful abalone/pearl. What material is it?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline rowley75

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2826 on: May 14, 2017, 07:35:00 PM »
Live by honor, Kill by stealth.

Offline rnodern

• Netizen Level
« Reply #2827 on: May 14, 2017, 07:59:36 PM »

[ So if PRS goes to great lengths, why do all their guitars sound 'different' as you say? Can you truly say that two PRS of the same make, composition, finish, hardware, and electronics one serial apart will sound the same? Given your logic, what then makes a SE sound different from a USA?]

[Wrong.  My ears are perfectly fine unlike yours which are deaf since birth.]

[You remind me of Aussies who are too full of themselves even if they are in a foreign country.]

1) I think you missed my point entirely.
2) What??  :-D
3) Not usually an Aussie trait. Perhaps i'm an exception. :)

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2828 on: May 14, 2017, 08:45:30 PM »
1) I think you missed my point entirely.
2) What??  :-D

In Psychology that is called projection. He is actually describing himself lol.  :-D

Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.[1] For example, a person who is habitually rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude. It incorporates blame shifting.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline rowley75

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2829 on: May 14, 2017, 11:59:22 PM »

Actually, that's a majority trait of both aussies and filipinos.
When i'm in new york, most americans i know rants about aussies because of that trait.
When i'm at other asian countries, they rant about us filipinos because of that trait(to the extent that they call us peenoise).
Even i myself a filipino find filipinos full of themselves. Just look at our president(oops flame suit on!).
Well in reality, we have sucky GDP and tourism standing. We have sucky defense for our country.
We have sucky almost  everything. We have humility issues. Anyway.. Back to PRS!

I gas for an sc594!

Offline throwinshapes

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2830 on: May 15, 2017, 09:07:39 AM »
Anyone here get to try out the SE Zach Myers model? That price tag and Trampas Green finish are calling out to me... :eek:

Offline rnodern

• Netizen Level
« Reply #2831 on: May 15, 2017, 10:04:46 AM »
Anyone here get to try out the SE Zach Myers model? That price tag and Trampas Green finish are calling out to me... :eek:
I haven't personally tried one, but I love the look of them. From.what I've seen ( limited to YouTube reviews) look and sound great. one of the reviewers had trouble keeping it in tune. Specifically the g string. Could just be his nut/string combo though. IMO you can't really go wrong. The Korean PRS are made by the highest tier third party guitar manufacturer. World Musical Instrument Co.https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/list-of-guitars-made-by-world-musical-instrument-co-ltd-korea.1702997/

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2832 on: May 15, 2017, 10:31:14 AM »
I haven't personally tried one, but I love the look of them. From.what I've seen ( limited to YouTube reviews) look and sound great. one of the reviewers had trouble keeping it in tune. Specifically the g string. Could just be his nut/string combo though. IMO you can't really go wrong. The Korean PRS are made by the highest tier third party guitar manufacturer. World Musical Instrument Co.https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/list-of-guitars-made-by-world-musical-instrument-co-ltd-korea.1702997/

Agree. Same guys who make the high-end Chapman Guitars.
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2833 on: May 15, 2017, 10:55:58 AM »
In Psychology that is called projection. He is actually describing himself lol.  :-D

(Actually, I was describing you.)

Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.[1] For example, a person who is habitually rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude. It incorporates blame shifting.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

(Sounds like you but on an animal level.)

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2834 on: May 15, 2017, 01:59:52 PM »

(Actually, I was describing you.)

(Sounds like you but on an animal level.)

Sounds like you're running out of comebacks hahaha. Try harder OAS!  :-D

#DigitalHiyaw

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2835 on: May 15, 2017, 05:34:40 PM »
Sounds like you're running out of comebacks hahaha. Try harder OAS!  :-D

So, saan na ang PRS mo?

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2836 on: May 15, 2017, 05:38:00 PM »
I'm not concerned about the book matching. It seems.... Okay. What I am concerned with is the figuring towards the outer edges on the carve. You can see that it looses definition and flame. This doesn't look like a 10 top. The seller may have been ripping you off man.

Really?  Not a 10 top?  You are trying to hard to discredit PRS.

Offline rnodern

• Netizen Level
« Reply #2837 on: May 15, 2017, 05:46:07 PM »

Okay, sure it's a 10. From the pictures there's definitely dead spots. Probably need a better camera or angle. PS. It's a 91. Not a 93. Could have sworn you said it was a 93.

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2838 on: May 15, 2017, 07:23:31 PM »
So, saan na ang PRS mo?

Why would I post my PRSs here just to be humiliated by you? Haha. Keep your dead-sounding fingers away from my 98% guitars hahaha  :-D
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2839 on: May 15, 2017, 07:26:07 PM »

That 10 top seriously needs some Novu Hair. So many bald spots.  :-D
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline rowley75

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2840 on: May 15, 2017, 07:56:53 PM »
Imo, 10 tops aren't THAT perfect. That's why they have artist package, wood library and private stock.

Offline rnodern

• Netizen Level
« Reply #2841 on: May 15, 2017, 08:24:37 PM »
Imo, 10 tops aren't THAT perfect. That's why they have artist package, wood library and private stock.
They're supposed to have clearly defined figure across the entire top. Their website says:
A very small percent of the maple trees cut in North America are actually figured. To make "10-Top" status, a PRS top must have clearly defined figure across its entire top with no "dead" spots. A guitar designated as a 10-Top will usually have a small "10" written on the back of the headstock in the upper right corner. Some of our earlier guitars have the "10" stamped into the finish in the same position

Offline rnodern

• Netizen Level
« Reply #2842 on: May 15, 2017, 08:39:05 PM »
They're supposed to have clearly defined figure across the entire top. Their website says:
A very small percent of the maple trees cut in North America are actually figured. To make "10-Top" status, a PRS top must have clearly defined figure across its entire top with no "dead" spots. A guitar designated as a 10-Top will usually have a small "10" written on the back of the headstock in the upper right corner. Some of our earlier guitars have the "10" stamped into the finish in the same position

Offline knet370

« Reply #2843 on: May 15, 2017, 09:34:18 PM »
I've seen lackluster 10 tops thru the years. Guitar center comes to mind. Imo they get not so figured 10 tops all the time.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2844 on: May 15, 2017, 11:30:52 PM »
Okay, sure it's a 10. From the pictures there's definitely dead spots. Probably need a better camera or angle. PS. It's a 91. Not a 93. Could have sworn you said it was a 93.

My mistake...  Its a 91.  I just remembered that 1993 was the year they closed the old plant.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2845 on: May 15, 2017, 11:31:57 PM »
Why would I post my PRSs here just to be humiliated by you? Haha. Keep your dead-sounding fingers away from my 98% guitars hahaha  :-D

Wala ka naman PRS.  Kulang kulang and budget mo para magyabang.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2846 on: May 15, 2017, 11:34:42 PM »
I've seen lackluster 10 tops thru the years. Guitar center comes to mind. Imo they get not so figured 10 tops all the time.

+1.  I agree.  For example, rnodern's 10 top is not that figured too.  I have seen better 10 tops than his.

Offline rnodern

• Netizen Level
« Reply #2847 on: May 16, 2017, 12:14:48 AM »
+1.  I agree.  For example, rnodern's 10 top is not that figured too.  I have seen better 10 tops than his.
There are unquestionably better 10 tops than the 10 tops I own. I mean, look at this one for example. The figure on this one got painted the fuq over :(

Offline nicoyow

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2848 on: May 16, 2017, 12:14:56 AM »
still, I'm glad that FM55 is active again. GC will be revived soon.  :lol: :lol:
Sa pinipig, bukod sa pwede mo singhutin, pwede mo rin tikman.

Offline rnodern

• Netizen Level
« Reply #2849 on: May 16, 2017, 06:27:30 AM »
So this one isn't that figured?