hulika

Author Topic: ZILDJIAN cymbals and products thread  (Read 261024 times)

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: ZILDJIAN cymbals and products thread
« Reply #1050 on: December 31, 2013, 12:04:19 AM »
im guessing you have the non brilliant finish type. may ganyan din ako at eksakto yung description mo. the sound does suck but having a splash underneath it does make it a good stacker cymbal

Offline makinao

« Reply #1051 on: December 31, 2013, 12:41:51 AM »
I had my first k custom dark crash 18" back in 2006, then binenta ko eventually after that year. now bumili ako ulit pero parang di ako ganun ka satisfied sa sound compared to my first one... and napansin ko mas lumaki ung bell nya at ang sound is more of dark na lang and low tones, parang nawala ung shimmering sound even if its dark ganun ko kasi siya i-describe eh... ears ko ba ang may prob or inconsistent ang production nila, feeling ko tuloy fake yung nakuha ko... pls i need your thoughts fellow drummers and experts... here is the serial number JF 48829 007 and pls paki translate ang year ng production... thanks

Zildjian b20 cymbals are not completely consistent. Chamba lang if you can find two that weigh and sound alike.

According to http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/showthread.php?149788-Zildjian-serial-numbers
A - 2001
JB - 2002
JC - 2003
JD - 2004
JE - 2005
JF - 2006
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 06:22:15 AM by makinao »

Offline CorinthianDrummer

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #1052 on: January 03, 2014, 03:32:36 PM »
from what i've gathered the older models like the amir and edge lines...

sakin edge and zht

Offline makinao

« Reply #1054 on: January 16, 2014, 07:22:59 PM »
Jazz drummers, start drooling. The new Kerope Zildjian cymbal line was unveiled today.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1055 on: January 17, 2014, 10:23:16 AM »
Jazz drummers, start drooling. The new Kerope Zildjian cymbal line was unveiled today.

Bro Makinao! may links ka? :D
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1057 on: January 20, 2014, 09:34:27 AM »
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline makinao

« Reply #1058 on: January 21, 2014, 10:59:01 PM »
Eto pa. The official demo. Bravo Zildjian and Paul Francis. Wow!

And the website

http://zildjian.com/archive/kerope/kerope.html
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 06:44:02 AM by makinao »

Offline hardcorehope

« Reply #1059 on: February 03, 2014, 10:29:44 PM »
engrave avedis zildjian, on my planet z cymbals.

bought a 2nd hand kit fernando with planet z cymbals, napansin ko lang po may naka engrave na avedis zildjian genuiene turkish cymbal, made in usa.

this means po ba na eto yung unang set ng planet z which is mas matibay na klase?

salamaat po sa answers
"kung gusto mo tumugtog sa batangas, kontakin mo ko!
tas magbabarik tayo!" hardcore hope community

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1060 on: February 04, 2014, 09:40:48 AM »
engrave avedis zildjian, on my planet z cymbals.

bought a 2nd hand kit fernando with planet z cymbals, napansin ko lang po may naka engrave na avedis zildjian genuiene turkish cymbal, made in usa.

this means po ba na eto yung unang set ng planet z which is mas matibay na klase?

salamaat po sa answers

Post photos bro so that we can help you distinguish better. as far as I know kasi meron talagang laser engraved emblem ang zildjian sa lahat ng cymbals nila, kahit planet Z's (Correct me if I'm wrong), im able to tell planet Z's by the looks of the logo eh. :)

Offline Updawg

• Netizen Level
« Reply #1061 on: February 05, 2014, 03:36:33 PM »
Ano pong meron, bakit andami atang nagbebenta ng K Custom Hybrid Cymbals?

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1062 on: February 05, 2014, 05:19:02 PM »
Ano pong meron, bakit andami atang nagbebenta ng K Custom Hybrid Cymbals?

Mukhang nag clearance sale ata ang JB, at maraming bumili para iresell at a slightly higher, but lower than regular price.

Offline harugrugrug

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1063 on: February 05, 2014, 10:15:51 PM »
Yup,buy and sell for lower individuall price,or for people who just like individual sounds rather than a set,pero gusto ko lahat hybrid,pero tumatanda na,adapt na magipon,ok nako sa cymbals ko.hehe
josephmariosep.wordpress.com,josephmariosep instagram
Pwede naman magreply sa pm,libre naman serbisyo ng philmusic bat ang tamad niyo pa magreply sa mga offer niyo.

Offline Updawg

• Netizen Level
« Reply #1064 on: February 06, 2014, 12:32:28 PM »
Nagccut po ba yung Hybrids sa loud band mixes?

Offline harugrugrug

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1065 on: February 06, 2014, 02:12:51 PM »
They add it as a secondary crash,IMO it's to thin for heavy metal to hard hitting rock,or if your a heavy hand guy,get a custom projections or heavy a series,but the hats and the ride IMO is pretty good for a loud projection dark sounding cymbals. :)
Pwede naman magreply sa pm,libre naman serbisyo ng philmusic bat ang tamad niyo pa magreply sa mga offer niyo.

Offline Updawg

• Netizen Level
« Reply #1066 on: February 06, 2014, 05:34:19 PM »
Tingin ko di naman ako hard hitter or at least I never hit cymbals with all my might. I dont know exactly what sound I like, I just know i dont like gongy sounds. Are the "dark" sounding cymbals same as gongy?

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1067 on: February 06, 2014, 05:41:24 PM »
Tingin ko di naman ako hard hitter or at least I never hit cymbals with all my might. I dont know exactly what sound I like, I just know i dont like gongy sounds. Are the "dark" sounding cymbals same as gongy?

Dark Cymbals means taht the cymbal's sound tends to blend with the music instead of cutting through. cutting cymbals like ZBT if you notice, tend to be very noticeable in a band setting. The dark one's go along with the sound in a band setting.

Gongy means it sounds like bell or it doesn't sound "crash-ey". Heavy cymbals tend to be gongy whew even though you hit it hard, you can't get a crash sizzle out of it. instead, you get the GONG sound.

Offline harugrugrug

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1068 on: February 06, 2014, 09:43:46 PM »
Go to you tube,check this 2 rides,k custom dark ride,and k custom ride,
Dark ride has wash,while k custom ride is gongy sound,IMO
If you really want to add dark sounds to your line,go to k customs,they tend brighten up
If you hit it loud, I heard a band use just the k line,not the custom one,they sound awful.
Check the flo mournier,not sure of the spelling,he's using some cymbals of the HHx line of
Weckl in his setup.i guess it's just ears.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1069 on: February 07, 2014, 09:47:14 AM »
Go to you tube,check this 2 rides,k custom dark ride,and k custom ride,
Dark ride has wash,while k custom ride is gongy sound,IMO
If you really want to add dark sounds to your line,go to k customs,they tend brighten up
If you hit it loud, I heard a band use just the k line,not the custom one,they sound awful.
Check the flo mournier,not sure of the spelling,he's using some cymbals of the HHx line of
Weckl in his setup.i guess it's just ears.

Agree. The K custom Ride is gongy. WAY Gongy. I used this in a 19east gig and hated this cymbal. Just didn;t fit my taste.

On the other hand, SABIAN HHX is really different. Best cymbals I've ever tried. HH and HHX, if ever I had the money, I'd get a set of these two babies.

Offline Updawg

• Netizen Level
« Reply #1070 on: February 07, 2014, 04:31:40 PM »
Before anything else, Im currently using a Planet Z set since 2006  :cry: didnt care much for cymbals til now. And Ive checked out the 2 cymbals you mentioned, even the sabians from the mycymbal videos (?) . I found out that the ride im using is the gongiest, heck, the whole set is effin gongy.

I liked the cymbals you both mentioned but I still hear sounds Im not comfortable with or I guess its just not my cup of tea (Keep in mind that I still know nothing compared to you guys). I ended up comparing A Crash Ride and K Crash Ride (both 20") and tried to pick out their "flavors". I know that A's sound bright and K's sound warm. I noticed that the K had more wash into but the A had more ting or ping sound when riding.

Now I just wanted to see if Im on the right track, if Im hearing things like you guys. Am I making sense?  :eek:

Kudos for coughing up the word sizzle btw, been trying to describe the sound I wanted in a crash

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1071 on: February 07, 2014, 05:00:47 PM »
Before anything else, Im currently using a Planet Z set since 2006  :cry: didnt care much for cymbals til now. And Ive checked out the 2 cymbals you mentioned, even the sabians from the mycymbal videos (?) . I found out that the ride im using is the gongiest, heck, the whole set is effin gongy.

I liked the cymbals you both mentioned but I still hear sounds Im not comfortable with or I guess its just not my cup of tea (Keep in mind that I still know nothing compared to you guys). I ended up comparing A Crash Ride and K Crash Ride (both 20") and tried to pick out their "flavors". I know that A's sound bright and K's sound warm. I noticed that the K had more wash into but the A had more ting or ping sound when riding.

Now I just wanted to see if Im on the right track, if Im hearing things like you guys. Am I making sense?  :eek:

Kudos for coughing up the word sizzle btw, been trying to describe the sound I wanted in a crash

Always glad to help out brother. :)
And yes brass cymbals are the gongiest ever. even the crash. Heck, i don't even know why they call the Planet Z Crash Cymbal a "Crash" cymbal hahaha!

Yes bro, you're on the right track. I think you nailed your descriptions already.

Here are some cymbals that you might want to check out if it suits your taste. these are some of the best Ride Cymbals I heard/used.

21 ZILDJIAN A Sweet Ride
20 SABIAN HHX Evolution Ride
20 SABIAN AAX Studio Ride
20 ZILDJIAN Avedis Medium Ride
20 ISTANBUL Sultan Ride
20 ISTANBUL Traditional Ride
21 SABIAN AA Rawbell Dry Ride
20 STAGG Vintage Bronze Ride

Hope this helps you in getting an idea of the different ride sounds! :)

Offline harugrugrug

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1072 on: February 07, 2014, 07:14:13 PM »
Yup you are correct, if you want the one that's in the middle,wash and ridedabillity or May Ping,check this 3 a sweet ride,a medium ride or maybe projection ride,and k ride or k heavy ride.
If you are for going in zildjian cymbals
Il describe what I hear on my rides,
K custom dark ride- wash and ping,in between cymbal for me,can be rock or jazz.
K custom ride- would go for z custom,pero I like dark undertones so I choose k.ping sounding gong type
K custom dark complex ride 2-my jazz to death ride with complex tones more of a wash type build
All are twenty inches
I graduated from planet z three years ago,has a bit wash but more of ping and gong
 :-\
Hope this helps

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1073 on: February 10, 2014, 09:18:36 AM »
Yup you are correct, if you want the one that's in the middle,wash and ridedabillity or May Ping,check this 3 a sweet ride,a medium ride or maybe projection ride,and k ride or k heavy ride.
If you are for going in zildjian cymbals
Il describe what I hear on my rides,
K custom dark ride- wash and ping,in between cymbal for me,can be rock or jazz.
K custom ride- would go for z custom,pero I like dark undertones so I choose k.ping sounding gong type
K custom dark complex ride 2-my jazz to death ride with complex tones more of a wash type build
All are twenty inches
I graduated from planet z three years ago,has a bit wash but more of ping and gong
 :-\
Hope this helps

Great decriptions bro. Exactly what I heard when I tried these cymbals as well. especially the K Custom RIde 20. Now that's a GONGY MoFo.

Offline kevzkie024

« Reply #1074 on: March 26, 2014, 06:10:28 PM »
Good afternoon! How can you describe 21" Sweet ride, Avedis Medium ride and HHX Evolution Ride? Are they all versatile? I'm looking for the one that seems to be crashy and has a little bell sound. Like what most rock drummers have in there set. They hit their ride like a crash. :-D