hulika

Author Topic: "In Between Days" by The Cure (Rebeltube review... yeah right, cunt!)  (Read 1113 times)

Offline rebeltube_tim

Although I didn't grow up in the 80's(I was born in the 80's but I was much influenced by the Grunge scene of the 90's), It wasn't hard for me to know some of the bands that emerged and popularized Alternative Rock in that decade (REM, The Smiths etc...). Funky hair styles, Songs composed by machines and glam rock bands using Avon products makes the 80's looked and sounded weird... I hated some of it... but still I love The Cure.
Headed by the pop culture's unkempt poster child of doom and gloom himself, Robert Smith. The Cure is one of the most influential bands of the 80's and early 90's. When the Cure was first formed, Smith did not intend to become the lead vocalist; he only began singing after the original singer left and the group could not find a suitable vocalist. Also, Smith has
written or co-written the bulk of The Cure's music and lyrics in a career spanning 30 years.
"Inbetween Days" is my favourite Cure song of all time. The 50 seconds intros are quite common in The Cure songs, I actually like them because it sort of builds up. The tragic lyrics and euphoric melody blends perfectly to create a fusion of dark and brooding love story, I think this song is about a relationship that ended up in a miserable and bitter way. You can see in the first verse that he screwed up his
relationship but can't admit it because of his ego and pride. He simply tells her to "Go on, Move on.. and Disappear". But later, he admits that he was wrong. Contradicting what he just
said in the first verse "And I know I was wrong when I said it was true that it couldn't be me and be her". In the second verse, He tells her that he was so scared to lose her and wants her back... brilliantly done, don't you think?

"Sabi ng nanay ko powgi daw ako... Thanks for nothing Bello and Calayan!"