hulika

Author Topic: POST THE BEST HOTSPOT!!  (Read 5153 times)

Offline judithp_shredder

• Forum Fanatic
POST THE BEST HOTSPOT!!
« on: September 08, 2006, 09:58:03 PM »
Post the best host spot for laptop user for free access of internet without any connection to phone or DSL, aside from the areas like coffee shop, airport, hotels etc.

which specific part of the philippines or in manila has a great spot?

just post, at mag surf na tayo ng  Libre!!  :D
BEAT AND RIFF Music studio / Production, check us out!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/BEATnRIFF-Music-Studio-Production/189363594433588?id=189363594433588&sk=photos_stream Band: PENTASPIRAL / DAYSEED google us for free demo. \m/

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
POST THE BEST HOTSPOT!!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 10:50:26 PM »
Cool thread. I'm a Wifi nut myself. Apart from my laptop, one of the features that drove me to get my current phone (Nokie N80) was the built-in WiFi in addition to 3G.

That said there the type of hotspot that would be cool and useful depends on the gadget you're using, whether it's a laptop or a WiFi enabled phone/PDA.

For laptops, I need a hotspot that has access to tables to work on, and plenty of AC outlets (laptops on battery power operate at a diminished capacity - dimmer screens, etc). This invariably means the cafes/coffee shops like Seattle's Best or Coffee Tea and Bean Leaf - good facilities, terrible refreshments! Amenities like food are almost secondary but I'm tired of coffee and pastries. If you can give me Coke light that will suit me fine.

Wi-Fi in these places is not free, but I have an Airborne Access account anyway, so its just a matter of logging in. Most public hotspots I see are powered through Airborne Access anyway, more so than Globe Wiz.

Free Wi-Fi is not as common - some malls have this though, such as Robinson's Galleria and the Robinson's mall at Cybergate (Pioneer ---near the Globe Telecoms Plaza and right beside the Cybergate buuilding that houses BPO companies like Accenture).

If you can find a spot with tables and an outlet, then you're good to go with a laptop. But for malls, this is when I prefer using a handheld WiFi device. Applications in my case would then be checking my e-mail, instant messaging, surfing the news --- or checking the threads at Talk.PhilMusic.com :-)

If I had a Windows Mobile device I would probably be using Skype on it as well.

Offline kaloyster

• GOLD MEMBER
  • Board Moderator
Re: POST THE BEST HOTSPOT!!
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 09:11:03 PM »
Sa Makati daw marami. But I don't have the time and effort to go there just to get caught by the guards.
"Bulakenyo"? Then join Bulacan Music Facebook Group!

Offline TheEdge

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 01:40:19 PM »
Post the best host spot for laptop user for free access of internet without any connection to phone or DSL, aside from the areas like coffee shop, airport, hotels etc.

which specific part of the philippines or in manila has a great spot?

just post, at mag surf na tayo ng  Libre!!  :D

Any Starbucks had one, pero de ako sure kung lahat meron ha
You won't get what you expect, You get what you deserve

Offline nixxx

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 04:58:20 PM »
THIS ARE THE HOTSPOTS I KNOW
some of my friends try it and its working

cafea at greenbelt 3
greenbelt 3 at the lagoon area ayala center

dagdagan kpa yn soon

:-D :-) :-( :-o :? 8-) :lol: :x :-P :oops: :cry: :roll: :wink: :| :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Offline musikanitwist

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 08:54:59 PM »
gale.
There are some people that if they don't know, you can't tell them.
Louis Armstrong
 http://akibanda.multiply.com  MSG RJUR PATAK BY ABS COMBO to 2959

Offline rennell

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 01:03:46 PM »
sa loob ng araneta colloseum libre lang lakas pa signal...............psp gamit ko nun

Offline dru777

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 05:24:31 PM »
sa shell magallanes libre wifi  :-)

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 03:14:44 AM »
Was at the Podium (Ortigas Center) today. There must be about five different hotspots in the area.
Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom

Offline supacow

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 10:57:50 AM »
sa robinsons pioneer libre wifi. i think lahat ng robinsons malls libre ang wifi.

sa robinsons pioneer, ok. mag hahanap lang ako ng medyo liblib na lugar, tapos dun na ako mag surf.

:)

Offline judithp_shredder

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007, 02:25:06 PM »
ok pla sa cafea ayala greenbelt 3, kaso more than a hour nako sa may guard hule! pero nasita lang, ang hirap magtago.

i also tried sa robison manila malapit sa mga coffee shop kaso medyo nawawala wala ung signal.

post pa kayo ng best HOTSPOT ung walang hule at may malapit na saksakan para libre surf sawa mabilis pa!

:mrgreen:
BEAT AND RIFF Music studio / Production, check us out!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/BEATnRIFF-Music-Studio-Production/189363594433588?id=189363594433588&sk=photos_stream Band: PENTASPIRAL / DAYSEED google us for free demo. \m/

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 11:52:22 AM »
Sa Ateneo,  :-D

Offline georgieporgy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007, 08:50:38 PM »
galleria ata nauna sa mga mall na nag offer ng free wifi surfing e  :-)
Vice Chancellor of the SD-1 COALITION

Offline supacow

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2007, 03:06:03 PM »

Offline kaffee

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2007, 04:58:47 PM »
    Was at the Podium (Ortigas Center) today. There must be about five different hotspots in the area.

Yes, Podium is a hotspot; however, you're not allowed to plug in any where you can get a signal. Now, how good is that? My own experience on this one was at the 2/L. All of Galleria's Basement where Bo's coffee is, is a hotspot.
    Others
    Makati
    • If you're ever near Rufino Tower/Villman area, you can get Villman's signal and it's free. : ) e.g. I occasionally stay at Country Waffle across Villman
    • Shell Magallanes
    • Shangri-la Makati Lobby
    QC:
    • Baang Coffee Morato (No outlets!)
    • Chili's Morato, smoking area is where it's strongest.
    • Gloria Jean's Morato where you can get signal from others'
    • Nitz Restaurant, Regalado (near FEU, if you're ever in far-off Fairview), wi-fi friendly, eg good, affordable food, lots of AC outlets
    • Casa Xocolat, Katipunan
    • Planet Infinity Gym (Bread of Life Bldg, near St. Mary's)
    • Libreria used to be a good place; it has closed already
    However, I don't think we can or should go free all the way for the fun of surfing. At least a good cup of complimentary coffee at any of the above spots (or others) should be a good deal. I mean, if you have a laptop, it wouldn't look good simply riding on for free, right? :)[/list]

Offline djspit

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2007, 01:26:10 AM »
    i love energy cafe in planet infinity gym

i ride there all the wayy hehe minsan 5 hours pa

okai lang kasi member naman ako ng gym.. hehe

very relaxing and good food... free wifi hehe bilis pa
    http://www.facebook.com/djmyke/pages#!/pages/DJMYKE/255868169639 IMAC 24" core2duo Logic Pro 9, Ableton Live 8, Reason 6.0, Apogee Duet2, axiom49,Keystation 88es, Yamaha dx100, Rode NT1a, Yamaha HS80m,Taylor 614, Taylor GS Mini, Fender Telecaster USA. ban