hulika

Author Topic: have you pushed your self to the limit in playing guitar?  (Read 1732 times)

Offline 24242009

• Forum Fanatic
have you pushed your self to the limit in playing guitar?
« on: December 11, 2009, 01:28:52 AM »
have you pushed your self to the limit in playing guitar? or still have a lot of potential?

Offline juan_portnoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: have you pushed your self to the limit in playing guitar?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 01:39:32 AM »
have you pushed your self to the limit in playing guitar? or still have a lot of potential?

IMHO there's no limit  :-) It's more about the journey than the destination anyways. Thats the thing I love most about guitar playing. The fun never ends.. But thats just me.. I'm weird.. Lol!  :-D
We're all entitled to our own dementia.  :-P

Offline 24242009

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 01:43:03 AM »
^^me, too. well when I first played the guitar I had thought that it all ends with the chords and the simple stell string sounds. but im wrong as time passed by I realized that theres more to it than just strings alone  :-D well youre right guitar is a journey..

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 01:50:10 AM »
it has infinite possibilities... not even the best guitar player can assume that he has mastered the guitar...

for me, i'm simply enjoying the ride...  :-D

Offline juan_portnoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 01:51:52 AM »
^^me, too. well when I first played the guitar I had thought that it all ends with the chords and the simple stell string sounds. but im wrong as time passed by I realized that theres more to it than just strings alone  :-D well youre right guitar is a journey..

I went throught the same exact phase back in the day  :-) I even thought frets 5 and up we're useless! Lol! I completely agree.. the more stuff we learn.. the more we realize how much we dont know.. and I actually love that part  :-)

it has infinite possibilities... not even the best guitar player can assume that he has mastered the guitar...

for me, i'm simply enjoying the ride...  :-D

Amen! Enjoy the ride!
We're all entitled to our own dementia.  :-P

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 02:10:59 AM »

Not at all. Potential, yes, I try to focus on the idea that I still have a lot of that unlocked or unused. It helps especially during times when I feel like I'm going nowhere (in terms of skill) or just plain "musically dead".

Offline ermonski

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 09:03:57 AM »
walang limit... as the guitar is a very very flexible instrument

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 09:23:02 AM »
NO BOUNDARIES man!!!

well i thought at first i couldn't sweep but now i can (though i'm not using it, and found it of no use in my style of playing)

well i thought i can't reach two full notes (index finger to my tallest finger to my pinky) because i have a small pinky.
so i gave up the idea to use 3 notes per string scales.
My fingers aren't any longer but i can do it now with ease, especially hammer-ons and pulloffs, even if im not picking on my right hand, even on clean tone.

i never imagined i can do that, because those guitar heroes that have HUGE fingers, like PG, can easily do that, or more than that.
but i saw satriani.. and i saw shawn lane, and his stretching is INSANE. so i was encouraged and now i can do stuff i can't do before.

I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline rolexm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 10:24:28 AM »
If you reach any limit, in anything, that's sad.

Offline RJ-GRG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 11:26:51 AM »
no limit...pero ngayon limited sakin eh..busy kasi...wala na panahon sa gitara  :-( :-( :-(
successful transaction: via shipping

biboymusic  tukak0210   kenzu0911  monsterkicker sikheadzraf dreddknox jmrobles gt bass spankyrigor  meet up: john 3:16

Offline addriann303030

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2009, 11:40:53 AM »
Playing guitar will give infinite possibilities...I started playing in my HS days, but my mom bought me my first acoustic guitar as a grade school graduation gift. I never imagine playing the guitar, I only dream is to be good in video games and the like.. I started playing seriously when Im in my 3rd year in HS. Eheads, Paolo Santos, Old school Spongecola and John Mayer are my choices. I teach myself to read tabs, and I succesfully learn it and eventually my ears got trained by learning different acoustic songs.

College days, I was introduced to the electric guitar( it would take you places when playing this thing instead of acoustic guitars)  I meet a friend who teach me patterns a litte techniques and scales, and discovered the G3.. It gives me inspirations to learn much more, I realize that I should take my playing from ordinary to extraordinary..

Now Im still learning new things. It feels like that im becoming a better player when im getting older.

Offline riffscreamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2009, 02:01:43 AM »

Sadly, yes. Although I'd like to prove myself wrong.

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2009, 03:57:06 AM »
i still have alot to learn..

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2009, 06:39:23 AM »
yes....i've played guitar while jumping off a bungee jump with both feet jumpered to a power supply to give my performance an "electrifying" element...that was as far as I went.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline dimasalang

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2009, 07:57:43 AM »
"So put me on a highway
And show me a sign
And take it to the limit one more time."  :-D

Offline red_hot

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2009, 09:05:55 AM »
no limit in leaning and learning
life is a continues cycle of learning
once is stop i know im dead hehehehe
God Of Sin

"Evolution of Dime"   Mic Foam For Sale http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,227373.0.html

Offline 24242009

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2009, 12:50:26 PM »
thanks philmusic guys, ive read all your comment. Its apparent that most of us still consider our journey with our beloved instrument its its ealry course of its journey and like most of you guys guitar is really an amazing instrument we can spend a lifetime with it and yet the possiblities are endless. In what I see now most guitar players are playing with certain styles, some into other genres others pushing the boundries and all are according to ones influence. Well for me its still a long journey from here  :-D everyday is a new day.

Offline dimasalang

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2009, 06:33:55 PM »
thanks philmusic guys, ive read all your comment. Its apparent that most of us still consider our journey with our beloved instrument its its ealry course of its journey and like most of you guys guitar is really an amazing instrument we can spend a lifetime with it and yet the possiblities are endless. In what I see now most guitar players are playing with certain styles, some into other genres others pushing the boundries and all are according to ones influence. Well for me its still a long journey from here  :-D everyday is a new day.

parang panchi-chicks lang yan. mag papalit ka ng magpapalit hanggang mahanap mo ang pangmatagalan. Hindi ko sinabing panghabang buhay :D

Offline LesBol

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2009, 09:35:32 PM »
No limit! Sky is the langit!

Our only limitation is time ... time to learn more!

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2009, 11:37:01 PM »
No limit! Sky is the langit!

Our only limitation is time ... time to learn more!

More like "sky is the limit". :lol:
Play   Guitar   To  Express..   Not   To   Impress.

Offline yahoo!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2009, 02:27:01 AM »
NEVER?  :lol:

Offline patchpanel

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2009, 06:49:55 PM »
Nope.... :lol:

Offline rockman888

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2009, 10:33:51 PM »
I have once...

I have a JEM Jr. It has a floating trem and sounds ok.

It happened last December 5,2009. I can't forget that. After nung 1st song sa church, A-string snapped!
So i got everything to a whole step and some strings half step! That's very frustrating...

Anyways, i remembered Steve Vai by chance and got myself tuning (everything is locked in the guitar and i don't have allen's at that time)
and I have 5 strings which is E_D_G_B_E. I started tuning it at D(which is D# at that time) to E and the same to G to A. B became C#.

All the positions where very weird...and We have 5 more songs to go....so I made it! And what i learned is to bring a backup guitar always.

BTW I only used 3 strings at that time which was DGB tuned to EAC#. Hehehe.

Ang hirap grabe........... :-D