hulika

Author Topic: ZVEX BOR has landed  (Read 1395 times)

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
ZVEX BOR has landed
« on: October 29, 2006, 11:10:20 AM »

And its giving me headaches. Ive waited for it for almost a month, dealing with slow service from the dealer, had to call them up, send tons of email asking hows the trade goin.

Finally it came and am all excited, got home, plugged it in and only to be underwhelmed.
Gain only kicks in barely when the drive knob is around 3:40ish. Every postion before that is nothing but a loud and fat clean signal. When the drive knob is dimed it just sound like a dimed low gain amp.
Where is the JTM45 with eveything on 10 emulation as described on the manual and the video?

With what its giving me it still sounds great but im just wondering why mine is different from the rest of the ones ive read and the one ive seen on the video.
I emailed him and from what ive described to Zack he says thats not right so now im bummed :cry:
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: ZVEX BOR has landed
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 11:25:55 AM »
......this thread is sooooo useless without sound clips.....  :mrgreen:

...cmon bro...you can do better than that....post some clips we can GAS for it too. :evil:
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 12:00:17 PM »
Here are the demoes that sold me in the first place.
http://http://www.zvex.com/vexterbor.html
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 04:00:52 PM »
..how about using it with a non expensive guitar......like what ordinary guys like us are using ....and played by ordinary guys like us too....thats what I really mean. :wink:
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 04:30:46 PM by Phil »

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 06:00:13 PM »
..how about using it with a non expensive guitar......like what ordinary guys like us are using ....and played by ordinary guys like us too....thats what I really mean. :wink:
The guitar i believe is just a LP and not that much out of the ordinary.
The guy playing was a nobody. Im sure a lot of people know him by the name of Eric and associated with Zachary but beyond that he hasnt proven anything in the guitar playing field.
The amp though is another matter for that is one uber-cool amp 8-)

If you wanna hear soundclips from me then that has to wait. Im not happy with the pedal at the moment, im offline at home and lots of factors of me not getting anything done when it comes to guitar. :wink: Winkin back at you.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 06:02:07 PM by pallas »

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 01:23:17 AM »
The guitar i believe is just a LP and not that much out of the ordinary.
The guy playing was a nobody. Im sure a lot of people know him by the name of Eric and associated with Zachary but beyond that he hasnt proven anything in the guitar playing field.
The amp though is another matter for that is one uber-cool amp 8-)

If you wanna hear soundclips from me then that has to wait. Im not happy with the pedal at the moment, im offline at home and lots of factors of me not getting anything done when it comes to guitar. :wink: Winkin back at you.
oh yeah..I fully understand that...I don't rely on soundclips when I buy something. If I do...I usually find someont who bought it and ask clips from them...not clips form the mfgr or store selling it. ...you know what I mean.