hulika

Author Topic: Reason's Why Marijuana should/shouldn't be Legalized  (Read 44364 times)

Offline wallflower

Reason's Why Marijuana should/shouldn't be Legalized
« on: June 10, 2006, 03:20:37 AM »
Marijuana is not chemical unlike taking methamphetamines, coccaine, LSD, heroine, there is no proven fact that marijuana can affect/cause serious harm to a person when first induced. Taking marijuana is just like taking a strong shot of whiskey/tequilla/rhum or beer it would just cause you to feel drowsy/sleepy...If they should illegalize marijuana they should also consider these drinks illegal.
If you ever feel worthless and low, just remember that you where once the fastest sperm out of millions...

Offline renz_sui

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 06:27:03 AM »
I think iba ang effect ng marijuana sa utak compared sa alcohol. Ksi yung mga nakatry na na mga friends ko, iba ang tama daw.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 08:02:12 AM »
yep. a hallucinogen is a hallucinogen. pare, isipin mo kung lahat ng tao sa Manila mga high? ngayon pa lang nga eh ang dami ng gulo dahil sa mga tarantadong tao e, pano pa kung tumira lahat? lahat tutulog at aantukin na lang, lalong nawalan ng productivity satin hehe.. di naman "i love you brothah, peace" lang ang effect nun e.
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Reason's Why Marijuana should/shouldn't be Legalized
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 08:37:15 AM »
Quote from: wallflower
Marijuana is not chemical unlike taking methamphetamines, coccaine, LSD, heroine, there is no proven fact that marijuana can affect/cause serious harm to a person when first induced. Taking marijuana is just like taking a strong shot of whiskey/tequilla/rhum or beer it would just cause you to feel drowsy/sleepy...If they should illegalize marijuana they should also consider these drinks illegal.

a big NO to you on that issue :lol:
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 09:36:55 AM »
i've seen a few people when they're drunk and when they're high. magkaiba yung tama ng alcohol tsaka marijuana.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline ioffendpeople

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 02:02:58 PM »
Maybe there should be a legal age for it?  :?

Offline oist

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 04:49:32 PM »
i'd rather have a natural high by playing my guitar than by smoking pot..
besides, i hate the smell of smoke..  :roll:

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 08:43:34 PM »
Quote from: ioffendpeople
Maybe there should be a legal age for it?  :?

no no no..it shouldnt happen, it cant be legalized, andami na ngang problema sa lipunan isasali pa ito :D
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

Offline shutterbugjohn

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2006, 11:23:46 PM »
tama wag na illegalize yan.matutuyo utak nyo dyan. iba p rin ang sex at music. wag n tyo sumali sa mga lokoloko sa mundo.masyado n sila marami. wag nyo gayahin ung mga kunwari rasta di nman nila alam ibig sabihin ng rasta at di naman nila sinusunod ung ways ng rasta.visualize nyo n lang kung legalang marijuana. malamang maraming ng aksidente sa daan. tawanan na mapupunta sa pikunan. sex na sabog na walang pakialam. mga students na walang papasok sa utak. panandaliang saya, pag nasanay ka tapos tumigil depresyon ang katapat mo. be responsible rockers kids.
text me for inquiries: 0933.4371584
YM: DREJHM0828
http://www.facebook.com/guitar.love.repairs

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2006, 11:50:07 PM »
ano ba yung rasta ? eheheheh

Offline Santo Muerte

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2006, 03:00:44 AM »
I've always been an advocate of legalizing Marijuana for medicinal purposes. Kung male-legalize man na hindi for medicinal purposes dapat very strictly regulated, pero malabo yata yan sa bansa natin kasi dito kahit 14 years old nakakabili ng gin sa sari-sari store.

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2006, 07:43:14 AM »
Quote from: Santo Muerte
I've always been an advocate of legalizing Marijuana for medicinal purposes. Kung male-legalize man na hindi for medicinal purposes dapat very strictly regulated, pero malabo yata yan sa bansa natin kasi dito kahit 14 years old nakakabili ng gin sa sari-sari store.

i was buying gin for my dad when i was 7 yrs. old :cry:

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2006, 07:03:00 AM »
i think philippine(my, yours or ours) culture is not matured enough yet to handle legalization of soft drugs...

i live in amsterdam for the past 6 years, where soft drugs is tolerated ... (n.b. somewhat legal )... i can get any flavor of marijuana i like in a coffee shop, anytime... a lot of us do not know the real facts about marijuana, and one fact fact is, mas matindi pa effect ng magic mushrooms(among others) kesa sa MJ. you dont hallucinate with MJ, but with mushrooms - kaleidoscope world and dating.

its not that you smoke it, magiging violent ka na, wrong notion...MJ is a downer nga, a relaxant, similar to drinking a few bottles of beer without the heavy belly. and what do you need to do pag naka downer/relaxant ka? you stay home and sleep...yung mga peepz na nagiging violent when they smoke it, mindset lang nila yun..since we(our culture or media) made them think na magiging violent sila pag naka smoke, then they do just that: become violent.

funny thing here sa holland is, you can get caught drunk driving, but not when youre under the the influence of MJ. another fact is that holland has one of the lowest crime rate in the whole europe(maybe the world??)..if our logic says that MJ makes people crazy and violent, i guess this country has disproved us.

but just like any drug out there, pag inabuse nakakasama pa rin talaga ...BUT our notion that MJ is addictive is not TRUE. it aint addictive at all.its a mindset, and a wrong one at that. now opium, coke and heroin, those are addictive..

but in my opinion, the MJ issue, to legalize it in the phils? nope, not yet! we aint ready for it.

Offline renz_sui

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2006, 08:07:36 AM »
Quote from: sonnyrayvaughn
i think philippine(my, yours or ours) culture is not matured enough yet to handle legalization of soft drugs...

i live in amsterdam for the past 6 years, where soft drugs is tolerated ... (n.b. somewhat legal )... i can get any flavor of marijuana i like in a coffee shop, anytime... a lot of us do not know the real facts about marijuana, and one fact fact is, mas matindi pa effect ng magic mushrooms(among others) kesa sa MJ. you dont hallucinate with MJ, but with mushrooms - kaleidoscope world and dating.

its not that you smoke it, magiging violent ka na, wrong notion...MJ is a downer nga, a relaxant, similar to drinking a few bottles of beer without the heavy belly. and what do you need to do pag naka downer/relaxant ka? you stay home and sleep...yung mga peepz na nagiging violent when they smoke it, mindset lang nila yun..since we(our culture or media) made them think na magiging violent sila pag naka smoke, then they do just that: become violent.

funny thing here sa holland is, you can get caught drunk driving, but not when youre under the the influence of MJ. another fact is that holland has one of the lowest crime rate in the whole europe(maybe the world??)..if our logic says that MJ makes people crazy and violent, i guess this country has disproved us.

but just like any drug out there, pag inabuse nakakasama pa rin talaga ...BUT our notion that MJ is addictive is not TRUE. it aint addictive at all.its a mindset, and a wrong one at that. now opium, coke and heroin, those are addictive..

but in my opinion, the MJ issue, to legalize it in the phils? nope, not yet! we aint ready for it.

@sonnyrayvaughn: Bago ang lahat, totoo ba yung VANDERSEXXXXX diyan? yung nasa Eurotrip?

On Topic

I kinda disagree with the hallucination part.

Taken from our handy wikipedia

Cognitive effects

* Varying amounts of paranoia and anxiety in some users[15]
    * Loss of coordination and distorted sense of time [16]
    * Impairment of short-term memory in some users
    * Auditory or visual hallucinations at high doses in some users
    * Induced sense of novelty
    * Increased awareness of sensation, including visual stimulation, music, taste, and sexual pleasure
    * Increased mental activity, like metacognition and introspective or meditative states of mind
    * Relaxation or stress reduction
    * Mild entheogenesis (e.g. per Rastafarian users, more "Jah-Vibrations")

But I agree that MJ is not addictive at all. It's herbal di gaya ng bato, coke, LSD etc.

Nasa mindset pa ng pinoy na nakakaadik at nakakahyper ang marijuana kaya hindi pa dapat gawing legal to. What the mind concieves, the body follows. Kahit ano paman effect ng marijuana sa katawan, yung iniisip parin nung gumamit ang magtatake effect. Pero kung di naman kailangan, what's the point of legalizing it? Kung pwede naman ang ibang substitute drugs na may parehas na curing agents at quality para sa medicinal use (unless mas mura ang marijuana at may masamang side effects yung sub na wala ang marijuana) bat hindi yung sub nalang ang gamitin.

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2006, 02:59:13 PM »
Marijuana not addictive......hmmm :lol:

Offline agentx44

• Veteran Member
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2006, 03:51:05 PM »
Whether medicinal or narcotic ang effects ng MJ sa Pinoy, di pa rin dapat i-legalize dito because gagamitin lang yang cash cow ng mga bulok na politicians. Sila lang aasenso nyan.
soylent green is people.

Offline Darktwistedmind

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2006, 03:46:33 AM »
Sabi nila, MJ nakataba kasi food trip; kaso, wala na nga makain si Juan Dela Cruz bibigyan mo pa ng MJ, e di lalo nangayayat yan!!!  :twisted:
"If you don't know what your passion is, realize that one reason for your existence on earth is to find it."                  — Oprah Winfrey

Offline bass monster

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2006, 06:24:00 PM »
di pa handa ang Pilipinas......

siguro mga 70 years pa.........
☠☠☠☠☠☠

Offline wallflower

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2006, 05:25:33 AM »
maara nang ndi pa handa ang pilipinas sa mj, sakin lang eh, parang alcohol din lang naman din eh, you can also kill/harm others/yourself if you're drunk. pedeng ilegalize, ndi naman 2 chemical na nakakasira ng utak. i haven't heard of such issue/news na nabaliw ang tao sa mj, pede siguro kapag ilang libong gramo ng mj ang hinithit...pero wala naman tao na gagawa ng ganun eh...kamamatay mo un.  :lol: , parang sa alak din pag tumunga ka ng balde balde...wasak ndi lang utak mo ang wasak pati atay mo. pag iilegalize lagyan din rules dba?
If you ever feel worthless and low, just remember that you where once the fastest sperm out of millions...

Offline LORD_TAMSZ

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2006, 08:04:10 AM »
Quote from: bass monster

hehehe! dedo nako nun sir! sayang nmn kung maging legal! :twisted:

"...remember kids, there are no stupid questions...just stupid people..."-- Mr. Garrison, South Park

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2006, 09:52:44 PM »
Quote from: LORD_TAMSZ
Quote from: bass monster

hehehe! dedo nako nun sir! sayang nmn kung maging legal! :twisted:

psst bakasyon ka dito sa place ko:) sama mo na rin yung girl sa avatar mo :)

Offline LORD_TAMSZ

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2006, 07:49:38 AM »
Quote from: sonnyrayvaughn
psst bakasyon ka dito sa place ko:) sama mo na rin yung girl sa avatar mo :)

sir patay na ata yang babae na yan, bato na ata ginamit eh, nde nakinig sken, sana maligaya pa sya! hehehe!
ibang mga babae na lng dadalin ko jan sir!!!  :twisted:  :twisted:

"...remember kids, there are no stupid questions...just stupid people..."-- Mr. Garrison, South Park

Offline JusTdOmeDamNiT

• Netizen Level
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2006, 09:32:57 PM »
Quote from: agentx44
Whether medicinal or narcotic ang effects ng MJ sa Pinoy, di pa rin dapat i-legalize dito because gagamitin lang yang cash cow ng mga bulok na politicians. Sila lang aasenso nyan.

Actually, tingin ko kaya ayaw i-legalize ang MJ kasi hindi kikita ang mga multinationals (at politiko na rin!) riyan. Ang daling itanim at paramihin, kahit sa paso tutubo, malamig o mainit na weather walang kaso, low maintenance talaga. Once it becomes legal, any Tom, [sausage] and Harry can just grow their own supplies. Hindi na kailangan ng pabrika to process, patutuyuin lang at irorolyo me yosi na, kaya hihina ang kita ng mga cigaret companies like yun Fortune Tobacco ni Lucio Tan. Aside from that, maraming medicinal properties ito tulad ng paggamit as pain reliever, gamot sa pagtatae, pagsusuka, glaucoma. At dahil sa isang popular effect nito ay yung tinatawag na Food Trip, ginagamit na appetite stimulant ito ng mga taong walang ganang kumain (as experienced ng mga taong HIV-postiive at iyong may mga grave diseases). Up until 1941, legal sa US ang hemp as a pharmacological agent.

As an industrial raw material, pwede itong gawing papel, textiles, paints, clothing, plastics, cosmetics at kung ano-ano pa. A study claimed that MJ, aka hemp, has the potential to be manufactured into 25,000 environment-friendly products, if only authorities would legalize its cultivation and production.

Ang daming gamit nito, madaling paramihin, kaya lang, hindi pagkakakitaan ng mga kapitalista. No wonder grabe talaga ang black propaganda against MJ, or cannabis as mentioned in the Bible.

The internet is a good resource for information about the much-maligned MJ. Noong hindi pa ako busy sa limang syota ko, I joined an online group, 420, working on the legalization of weed.

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2013, 10:40:19 AM »

may ganito palang thread  :-D

UP ko lang  :lol:

BTT:

ok lang sakin kung gawing legal ang weed  ^-^
try mo kayang kalabitin baka tumunog...

Offline red lights

• Philmusicus Addictus