hulika

Author Topic: anything about the Beatles ...  (Read 358139 times)

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: anything about the Beatles ...
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2009, 07:17:46 PM »
mga sir's asteg itong trend ninyo.. question lang po about the PAUL IS DEAD gossips.. can you please tell me some facts about it and the albums and songs connection (abbey road album to i am the walrus song etc..)

slamat po..

4 albums are the favourite reference on this theory at least. Abbey road, the white album, magical Mystery tour & sgt. peppers.

Abbey road- paul was walking on barefoot & his step is not the same with the others. the plate number of the Volkswagen got the letters IF with numbers. when this album was released yong number sa plate number yon na sana ang age ni Paul had he survived the car crash.

Sgt. Peppers-sa likod ng LP meron nakalagay OPD- ang ibig daw sabihin Officially Pronounced Dead

White album- sa Glass Onion na kanta, sinabi kasi ni John na The Walrus was Paul which is in Greek Myth, walrus symblolizes Corpse at sa Revolution 9 when played backwards sinasabi daw ni lennon turn me on dead man

Magical Mystery Tour- si Paul nagsabit ng black rose habang ang tatlo ay red roses

Funny but on the latest album released " The Love " album, isa sa MTV don, ang ulo ni Paul sinasagasaan ng kotse(super liit) sa background.. but if you review it well sila lahat ay nasagasaan ng kotse na yon..

Offline the_godfather

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2009, 06:15:58 AM »
May napanood akong interview ni George Harrison sa Youtube. Sabi nung nagi-interview magko-cover daw ata si Paul ng mga songs ni John sa concert, tpos sabi ni George, really? he ran out of good ones? basta di ko matandaan uyng words basta nagtawanan sila after sabihin yun ni George. Pki-check tong video kung ito wala kasing soundard dito sa office. PAg hindi to, edit ko na lang pag nahanap ko yung tamang video. Pero feeling ko ito eh:

You...Soft and Lonely, You...Lost and Lonely, You...Just Like Heaven

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2009, 09:38:25 PM »
May napanood akong interview ni George Harrison sa Youtube. Sabi nung nagi-interview magko-cover daw ata si Paul ng mga songs ni John sa concert, tpos sabi ni George, really? he ran out of good ones? basta di ko matandaan uyng words basta nagtawanan sila after sabihin yun ni George. Pki-check tong video kung ito wala kasing soundard dito sa office. PAg hindi to, edit ko na lang pag nahanap ko yung tamang video. Pero feeling ko ito eh:

yes this is the video.George said "Paul? Oh because he ran out of good ones.." then the audience began laughing & George confirmed " yes it's true"

Actually, for me ang matindi namang bangayan ay hindi between & John but Paul & George..

Offline dyugs666

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2009, 02:52:33 AM »
I just bought a book called "Lennon In America: 1971-1980, Based In Part On The Lost Lennon Diaries" by Geoffrey Giuliano.
P499 lang sa Fully Booked!

Grabe ang mga expose!!!  :evil:

Here's an excerpt:

"Drunk and disconsolate, they (John & Stu) returned to their dank one-room hole. Stu was sitting on the top bunk, while John rolled into the bottom. After a few minutes Lennon wordlessly climbed up to join Sutcliffe. What began as mutual consolation turned quietly sexual when Stu went down on him. Lennon disclosed the episode to (Derek) Taylor during an acid trip at his home in suburban London."

Wow. :-o
@jugsjugsjugs on Twitter and Instagram

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2009, 04:24:53 AM »
I just bought a book called "Lennon In America: 1971-1980, Based In Part On The Lost Lennon Diaries" by Geoffrey Giuliano.
P499 lang sa Fully Booked!

Grabe ang mga expose!!!  :evil:

Here's an excerpt:

"Drunk and disconsolate, they (John & Stu) returned to their dank one-room hole. Stu was sitting on the top bunk, while John rolled into the bottom. After a few minutes Lennon wordlessly climbed up to join Sutcliffe. What began as mutual consolation turned quietly sexual when Stu went down on him. Lennon disclosed the episode to (Derek) Taylor during an acid trip at his home in suburban London."

Wow. :-o

Stu Sutcliff for those who may not know him is the Bass player of the group, pre Beatles era together with the original drummer Pete Best.

Shocking story bro.. :-) How about the gossip about John & Linda..

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2009, 04:57:32 AM »
trivia

Paul played bass for James Taylor in Carolina in my mind

George played lead guitar in Bad Finger's hit Day after Day

George played slide in Electric Light Orchestra's hit Moment in Paradise (Zoom Album) , he also played Classical guitar in one Crusader's hit song
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 09:46:53 PM by slowhandpal »

Offline dyugs666

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2009, 03:24:53 PM »
Stu Sutcliff for those who may not know him is the Bass player of the group, pre Beatles era together with the original drummer Pete Best.

Shocking story bro.. :-) How about the gossip about John & Linda..

"Once, Lennon had forgotten the appointed time of a session, and stopped by Paul's to confirm the studio schedule. Upon his arrival he discovered that Paul had already left for the studio. Linda was home alone, nursing a headache in the aftermath of a heated argument with Paul. Grateful for the company, she invited John in. After sharing a bottle of wine, a large joint, and some conversation with the bespectacled  Beatle, she excused herself and returned to the bedroom, where she had been making the bed prior to John's unexpected visit. Lennon promptly offered her a hand. In the course of spreading the sheets, their hands touched briefly. Linda paid the contact no mind, but as she reached over to tuck in the top sheet, Lennon caught her arm and kissed her. A gentle, awkward embrace evolved into caresses and a quick interlude of sexual intimacy. According to John's account, Linda deeply regretted the indiscretion and never told a soul. He, on the oher hand, found it amusing."

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Offline the_godfather

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2009, 08:13:17 PM »
Tungkol naman kay John at Brian Epstein. Di ko masyado matandaan yung kwento eh, itama nyo na lang Sir Dyugs and Sir Slowhandpal kung alam nyo yung tamang kwento. Anyway, bago ata or nung naging manager na ng Beatles si Brian, nagpunta ata sila sa Paris (not sure if this is the right location) ni John kasi type talaga ni Brian si John. Tapos tinatanong yung ibang Beatles kung may nangyari sa dalawa, ang sagot ng ibang Beatles, knowing John daw, pwedeng may nangyari ngang milagro between him and Brian.

Gulo ko magkwento, haha.

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2009, 08:54:21 PM »
Tungkol naman kay John at Brian Epstein. Di ko masyado matandaan yung kwento eh, itama nyo na lang Sir Dyugs and Sir Slowhandpal kung alam nyo yung tamang kwento. Anyway, bago ata or nung naging manager na ng Beatles si Brian, nagpunta ata sila sa Paris (not sure if this is the right location) ni John kasi type talaga ni Brian si John. Tapos tinatanong yung ibang Beatles kung may nangyari sa dalawa, ang sagot ng ibang Beatles, knowing John daw, pwedeng may nangyari ngang milagro between him and Brian.

Gulo ko magkwento, haha.

baka nasa book din ni sir Dyuggs to :-). I heared about this bro pero mejo magulo pagkaka kwento e. censya na...

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2009, 08:03:46 AM »
try mo kayang kalabitin baka tumunog...

Offline edgarthewalrus

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2009, 08:15:12 PM »
"Released on Friday, June 1, 1967, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band sold 250,000 copies in its first week and was certified Gold within a month. By the end of August, more than two and a half million copies of the record had sold in the states alone, where the album was number One on the charts for 19 weeks.

For McCartney, the greatest recognition came on June 3, when, two days after Sgt. Pepper's' release, he witnessed the Jimi Hendrix Experience open their show at London's Saville Theatre by performing "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band."

"That was the single biggest tribute for me," says McCartney. "I was a big fan of Jimi's."

For the Beatles as a group, gt. Pepper's was ultimately something of a vindication against critics who regularly claimed the group's creativity and influence wouldn't last. During the long months of making Sgt. Pepper's, the press frequently speculated on the long delay in releasing the new album.

"The music papers had been saying, 'What are the Beatles up to? Drying up, I suppose,' " McCartney recalls. "So it was nice, making an album like Pepper and thinking, Yeah, drying up, I suppose. That's right. It was lovely to have them on that when it came out. I loved it."  :evil:
http://www.hyneriamosssoundscape.wordpress.com
SOLD ITEMS TO foresight, yearling, dread_head, reggaenursenikew, ramnem, child309, dom_pag0ng
BOUGHT ITEMS harkanie27,userzeroone, morphine

Offline anoemous

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2009, 09:02:33 PM »
yes this is the video.George said "Paul? Oh because he ran out of good ones.." then the audience began laughing & George confirmed " yes it's true"

Actually, for me ang matindi namang bangayan ay hindi between & John but Paul & George..

yup, lalo nung Let It Be Sessions.
Lurking Philmusic since 2006

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2009, 09:17:08 PM »
"Released on Friday, June 1, 1967, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band sold 250,000 copies in its first week and was certified Gold within a month. By the end of August, more than two and a half million copies of the record had sold in the states alone, where the album was number One on the charts for 19 weeks.

For McCartney, the greatest recognition came on June 3, when, two days after Sgt. Pepper's' release, he witnessed the Jimi Hendrix Experience open their show at London's Saville Theatre by performing "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band."
"That was the single biggest tribute for me," says McCartney. "I was a big fan of Jimi's."

For the Beatles as a group, gt. Pepper's was ultimately something of a vindication against critics who regularly claimed the group's creativity and influence wouldn't last. During the long months of making Sgt. Pepper's, the press frequently speculated on the long delay in releasing the new album.

"The music papers had been saying, 'What are the Beatles up to? Drying up, I suppose,' " McCartney recalls. "So it was nice, making an album like Pepper and thinking, Yeah, drying up, I suppose. That's right. It was lovely to have them on that when it came out. I loved it."  :evil:

Galing!!! It's only now I know this bro..  :-)

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2009, 09:58:36 PM »

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2009, 06:30:49 PM »

latest versions of My sweet lord was performed by John Mayer, another one by Bruce Springsteen.. surf youtube

Offline dyugs666

« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2009, 03:00:43 PM »
The Beatles rehearse All Things Must Pass

Offline JIGOY

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2009, 12:07:04 AM »
SILAHIS SI LENNON?!

Offline the_godfather

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2009, 09:10:31 AM »
SILAHIS SI LENNON?!

Di ko sure eh, pero sa attitude nya, pwedeng ma-experimento talaga syang tao. haha.

Offline spongegen

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2009, 07:35:38 PM »
Ola!  :-D

I grew up listening to the Beatles and from the time na matuto ako magguitar (that was 9 years old kasi grade 3 ako nun) gang ngayon eh binabalik balikan ko pa din sila :)  I have their mga naunang albums, tape pa sila kasi hiningi ko lang sa Tito ko, gang nagka meron ng CD and MP3.  Ang tangi kong ka-share sa mga ka-Beatle-ang usapan ay ang drummer naming si Mayk at ewan pero pareho kaming hindi aware about the mystery of Paul.  Kinwento lang ni Sir Nogi sa amin yun nga, na hindi daw talaga yung original na Paul si Paul kasi ung original Paul eh namatay na and they had to make audition, ala Paul-look-alike contest.  Tas nag cite siya nga about the Abbey Road album cover, song lyrics, "Paul is dead", etc. Waah dami dapat ata malaman! :-o

Nag 3-day sale sa SM Clark last week lang, I got a Lennon-faced shirt from Artwork tas nung Tuesday nakabili din ako The Beatles na panyo sa Artwork (SM Pampanga naman) hehe. Tas ngayon nakita ko thread na to haha... wala lang masaya!  :-D

Glad i found this thread (after such a loooong time na di pagbisita sa PM) and all Beatle-lovers! Yay!
...my personality is not split... it\'s shredded.<br /><br />http://itspongegen.blogspot.com<br />http://flickr.com/photos/spongegen

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2009, 08:43:22 PM »

1974 George Harrison North American Tour features him singing In My Life in a very hoarse voice, faster version of my sweet lord & Behold and see While My Guitar Gently Smile.. :-) He just changed the lyrics of his classic hit.. :-)
Ola!  :-D

I grew up listening to the Beatles and from the time na matuto ako magguitar (that was 9 years old kasi grade 3 ako nun) gang ngayon eh binabalik balikan ko pa din sila :)  I have their mga naunang albums, tape pa sila kasi hiningi ko lang sa Tito ko, gang nagka meron ng CD and MP3.  Ang tangi kong ka-share sa mga ka-Beatle-ang usapan ay ang drummer naming si Mayk at ewan pero pareho kaming hindi aware about the mystery of Paul.  Kinwento lang ni Sir Nogi sa amin yun nga, na hindi daw talaga yung original na Paul si Paul kasi ung original Paul eh namatay na and they had to make audition, ala Paul-look-alike contest.  Tas nag cite siya nga about the Abbey Road album cover, song lyrics, "Paul is dead", etc. Waah dami dapat ata malaman! :-o

Nag 3-day sale sa SM Clark last week lang, I got a Lennon-faced shirt from Artwork tas nung Tuesday nakabili din ako The Beatles na panyo sa Artwork (SM Pampanga naman) hehe. Tas ngayon nakita ko thread na to haha... wala lang masaya!  :-D

Glad i found this thread (after such a loooong time na di pagbisita sa PM) and all Beatle-lovers! Yay!

Me growing old with beatles too, I began buying tapes since 5(seriously), the first album I got was Please please me, first song I learned in guitar Norwegian Wood.

I'm happy for you bro.

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2009, 09:42:48 PM »
 For those who do not know yet..

1. Let it be - was written by Paul about his biological Mother who passed away when he was younger. His mothers name is Mary whom he missed terribly in his times of trouble

2. Julia- was written by John for his mom Julia who let her auntie mimi raised him

3. Here comes the sun-was written by George in Eric Clapton's garden.

4. Octupos garden- written by Ringo in the key of C ( the chord that he is always comfortable), George helped him improve the progressions in the key of E, but they lowered it to B when they recorded. :-)

songs they gave away to other artists

1. World without love
2. Come & get it- Bad finger
3. From a window
4. Hello little girl
5. Love of the love
6. I'm in love
 7. Bad to me
8. One & one is two
9. Nobody I know
10. Like dreamers do

most of it where given to Peter & Gordon.. who is a brother of Paul's girl friend then Jane Asher  :-)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 07:46:37 PM by slowhandpal »

Offline spongegen

« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2009, 11:10:34 PM »
interesting!  :lol:

iba yung feel ng song next time pakinggan na alam mo yung story behind it.  :-)

...my personality is not split... it\'s shredded.<br /><br />http://itspongegen.blogspot.com<br />http://flickr.com/photos/spongegen

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2009, 06:19:47 AM »

Ringo was the first who left the Beatles during the making of the White Album because he felt Paul feels he's no longer playing the drums right.. he went to Bahamas for a short and unplanned vacation & was inspired to write Octupos Garden (because octupos's are eaten in the place, hehe here too).

John placed roses on the doorstep of Ringo's house with big note that for him He is the best drummer in the world he ever known. Ringo was touched with John,s friendly gesture so he made himself available again in the following recording sessions. :-)

Offline hunk0429

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2009, 06:37:32 AM »
Ringo was the first who left the Beatles during the making of the White Album because he felt Paul feels he's no longer playing the drums right.. he went to Bahamas for a short and unplanned vacation & was inspired to write Octupos Garden (because octupos's are eaten in the place, hehe here too).

John placed roses on the doorstep of Ringo's house with big note that for him He is the best drummer in the world he ever known. Ringo was touched with John,s friendly gesture so he made himself available again in the following recording sessions. :-)

nice trivia.. keep it coming! :-D

Offline chad evans

« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2009, 07:35:21 AM »
is it true that Paul wrote and completed "ALL MY LOVING" while he was brushing his teeth on morning?

BEATLE-maniacs...share your trivias  :-D :-D :-D
UNLIMITED INTERNET FOR one (1) month PhP100.00 only!!! FREE TRIAL

http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,224761.0.html