hulika

Author Topic: Gear Fest  (Read 2849 times)

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
Gear Fest
« on: April 13, 2006, 08:52:57 AM »
I'm off to watch Nickelback and The Rolling Stones on sunday, yey easter! Should be a gear fest right there.. the stones with all their vintage fenders and gibsons and nickelback with their PRSs and Mesa stuff.. should be fun to watch.. :D

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
Gear Fest
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 10:27:46 AM »
Yeah!!.. Rolling stones the best!..  Where are you gonna watch them??..

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Gear Fest
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 02:22:54 PM »
What PRS model does Chad Kroeger use?

:) btw, umaasenso na yata ang local band na Slapshock ngayon. Their sound is improving..may naka-PRS pa..and naka B.C. Rich!

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
Gear Fest
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 02:31:19 PM »
he prefers singlecuts last time i came across em in a magazine 8)
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
Gear Fest
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 11:46:17 AM »
woohoo!!!!!!!! im here at work.. about 20 mins walk away from the stadium where the rolling stones and nickelback are gonna play.. i'm assuming its nickelback who's soundchecking now because i can hear a  lot of heavy distortion.. cool! can't wait!  :D

it's freezing though.. no cameras allowed but il see what my crappy phone camera can capture! :P

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
Gear Fest
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 11:57:03 AM »
updates nman oh? san na pictures ?

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
Gear Fest
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 01:32:17 PM »
p*cha! makikita mo yung '52 tele ni keith richards!!!! tapos mapapanood mong mag-breakdance si mick jagger!!!!
SANA AKO REN!!!
Hindi dapat nakakapagod mag-Philmusic.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
Gear Fest
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2006, 02:24:10 PM »
nakaka-breakdance pa ba yun? baka umatake pa yung rayuma nun sa stage hehe.. :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
Gear Fest
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2006, 02:41:46 PM »
Quote from: VenusIsle_5150
nakaka-breakdance pa ba yun? baka umatake pa yung rayuma nun sa stage hehe.. :)

nung napanood ko sila everybody was in fine form except for the drummer...medyo nahuhuli na pero oks all in all 8)
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
Gear Fest
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2006, 07:01:06 AM »
great concert.. too bad it was mainly people in their 40s-50s in the crowd.. overall.. i was very impressed with the band!

on to the gear!
mick jagger:
-played a black 62 strat (ri or vintage im not sure)

keith
-a couple of tele customs
-52 teles
-white ES custom (ES-347 or something???) with bigsby
-black ES custom
-62 strat
-acoustics

ron
-mainly a 57 strat
-a couple of teles
-obscure guitars (a couple) i couldnt tell what kind..
-slide guitar

amps:
-plenty.. mostly fender tweeds.. dunno exact model..

damn these guys are good, the interaction between ron and keith are awesome to say the least..

and boy, can mick jagger move or what!!!!!!!!!!

all in all, it was an unforgettable concert.. i doubt i'll see them again, so it was good to see them.. they were mint!

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
Gear Fest
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2006, 07:14:48 AM »
nice review sa gears :) tsaka bat ka naman disappointed sa 40's and 50's aged crowd... check mo na lang yung groupies ni Mick.

So finally, sino mas guapo, si Chad o si Keef? hahaha

you mentioned the Stones' gears, how bout yung gears ng nickelback? I am not a fan but I heard they really rock live.

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
Gear Fest
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2006, 07:43:56 AM »
nickleback.. i should have mentioned them.. they were the front act.. and i was disappointed because they only played 7 songs..

very good band though.. i was impressed with them too, great start to the evening.. bitin nga lang..

gear as far as i could see:

chad:
-PRS singlecuts all night.. he changed guitars every song.. but from what i can see.. just 4 different guitars.

other guy:
-Gibson LP
-Gibson ES
-Gibson Flying V
-Gibson acoustics

amps:
-mesa recto's from what i can see..
-ampeg bass amps i think

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
Gear Fest
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2006, 07:54:40 AM »
nothing wrong with the oldies.. mejo nakaupo lang sila lahat nung nickelback which was a shame.. cuz i enjoyed it.. nickelback did a great job of building up the crowd for the rolling stones..

they did rock.. and rock hard.. and swore a lot too.. chad knows how to get the audience involved..

he was zeroing in on this lady in the front row..
"hey you i'm talking to you.." "you're texting? this is a rock concert.." "i can swear as much as i f*ckin want.. this is a rock concert.. i have a microphone.." "let me grab my 45 and shoot you now.."  :lol:

Offline groove

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Gear Fest
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2006, 04:19:37 PM »
Quote from: jack in a vox
great concert.. too bad it was mainly people in their 40s-50s in the crowd..

amoy bengay ba? :lol:

how nice! i wish i could see them live too!

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Gear Fest
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2006, 11:08:12 PM »
Did Nickelback play their newest songs? - like "Far Away"?

:lol: Ang bagal ng learning rate ko sa kantang yun.

Chito

Gear Fest
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2006, 11:31:13 PM »
When I saw the Stones here last summer, their playing sucked. Not that the venue helped either. It was in a open football field that is known for having bad acoustics.  Also, instead of Nickelback, we had Our Lady Peace open for them. OLP is a great band and I think if I remember right they played well that night.

I think the reason that the Stones didn't play well enough was that they were just at the beginning of their tour. This is not something surprising as there are a number of bands who are notorious for playing "bad" at the beginning of their tour. U2 is one of those who comes to mind.

I've seen the Stones twice now in the last 6 years (I think). One thing about them is they bring so much energy to their shows that whatever shortcomings they have are ignored by most.

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
Gear Fest
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2006, 05:10:51 AM »
well we got luckt that night then.. from all acounts (reviews etc) and IMO they played really well.. very polished.. its obvious that they've been playing with each other for over 40 years.. but still the energy was there and i think the crowd appreciated that.

nope not really bengay.. just red/white wine :?

yeah nickelback played a couple of new songs (i havent heard the new album in its entirety yet) but he did mention "from our latest album"

setlist as i remember it:
-animal (?)
-something new (dunno title)
-too bad
-photograph
-savin' me
-some other song (naughty song daw!)
-this is how you remind me

so as you can see.. very bitin..