hulika

Author Topic: Feedback on Xotic pedals?  (Read 1755 times)

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
Feedback on Xotic pedals?
« on: April 19, 2006, 07:04:49 AM »
Peoples, I am thinking about getting some of the Xotic pedals - any owners of them around here? I am thinking about getting the AC Booster first and then maybe the RC and Envelope Filters next depending on how well I like the preliminary purchase.

From the sound of the pedals on the website, they sound great and are really flexible. I am just worried about the items being not exactly how they behave in the video - there have been cases where I have heard a pedal behave unlike the demo or the audio file.

Feedback mga fellow sirs?
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline markflo

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 07:07:22 AM »
i have the RC booster...sounds really transparent...hard to get it to break up...cool thing about it aside from it being a booster is you can specify which eq parameter to boost...bass...treble...whatever...or you can just leave it on it's 12 o clock position and you'll get nothing but a transparent boost...perfect to drive your power tubes...

if you want a bit more gain...i suggest you get the bb preamp instead of the ac booster...i dunno...it just has more mojo for me...
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline markflo

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 07:10:03 AM »
hanep din yung robotalk no? i wanna get one...trippy sounds...
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 10:06:19 AM »
the AC is the booster while the RC is the overdrive, right? I want to get the booster and then the overdrive pedal second. I am really interested in the Robotalk too - I can use it for a lot of trippy stuff on guitars, bass, drum machines and other things.

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 11:33:52 AM »
AC booster = overdrive
RC booster = booster...volume or gain
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 11:50:27 AM »
ah - baliktad pala - i really like the RC Booster's uses. I might get that soon.

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 11:58:24 AM »
I'm eyeing on aa digitech whammy...get some crazy alien stuff from it to inspire me.

before I investo on an overdrive..I need to get a strat or SC equipped axe first then maybe get an MI Audio tube Preamp. :wink:
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2006, 12:20:33 PM »
i really want a Leslie emulator to go along with the the Booster and sabi nila na ang H20 from Visual Sound galing mag emulate ng leslie...pero chorus din yan eh - meron akong Fulltone Chorlflange nah:(

Offline markflo

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2006, 12:36:48 PM »
try mo arion chorus...gamit ni scott henderson pang emulate ng leslie...

they're discontinued but you might be able to find one in ebay...