hulika

Author Topic: anything about the Beatles ...  (Read 363268 times)

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: anything about the Beatles ...
« Reply #200 on: February 10, 2010, 11:28:21 AM »

Ringo Starr gets a star At the Walk of FAME!!!

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/music/story/2010/02/09/starr-ringo-hollywood-walk-fame.html?ref=rss

Ringo Starr honoured on Hollywood Walk of Fame
Last Updated: Tuesday, February 9, 2010 | 9:28 AM ET Comments11Recommend12

The Associated Press

Ringo Starr, centre, is surrounded by friends and family as he received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Los Angeles on Monday. From left: Ben Harper, Don Was, Starr, Joe Walsh and Starr's wife, Barbara Bach. (Phil McCarten/Reuters)
A star for former Beatles drummer Ringo Starr was added to the Hollywood Walk of Fame Monday evening during a whimsical ceremony that also marked the 50th anniversary of groundbreaking on the sidewalk attraction.
Starr's name was the 2,401st to be unveiled on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
"This is the start of the next 50 years of stars," he said outside the Capitol Records building. "I'm proud to be the first one."

The Walk of Fame also includes individual stars for the drummer's former Beatles bandmates John Lennon and George Harrison. Last month, rock legend Roy Orbison was honoured with a star.

"It's cool to get one at night," said Starr. "I don't know about you, but where I live, the stars come out at night."
The Beatles as a group were given a star in 1998.
'More than just a tourist attraction'

Those by Starr's side for the unveiling included actress-wife Barbara Bach, musicians Joe Walsh and Ben Harper, producer Don Was, director David Lynch and actor Noah Wyle.

The Hollywood Walk of Fame attracts an estimated 10 million visitors annually to the 18-block stretch lining Hollywood Boulevard and Vine Street.
The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce conceived the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1953 in an effort to return glamour to the decaying neighbourhood at time when the film and television industry was on the decline.

"We've seen positive changes," said Hollywood Chamber of Commerce senior vice-president Bill Farrar. "We've seen an increase in housing, the opening of many new businesses, the significant reduction of crime and the continual influx of visitors. This walk represents much, much more. This is more than just a tourist attraction and a monument to art."

The Hollywood Walk of Fame's anniversary celebration will continue throughout the year with a community festival in July and a gala in November in which every living celebrity who has received a star will be invited to attend.
Other celebrities due to receive stars this year include rockers ZZ Top, funnyman Adam

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/arts/music/story/2010/02/09/starr-ringo-hollywood-walk-fame.html?ref=rss#ixzz0f6FJBFfA

Offline ARTificial

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #201 on: February 10, 2010, 11:36:13 AM »
firstly , welcome to the club bros ART & Teddy :-)

Di naman actually nilait tayong mga Pinoy. Iba lang kasi culture natin. nasanay tayo na if malaking tao tayo o nasa mataas na posisyon, ang iniisip natin na automatic pupunta ka sa akin as courtesy. sila naman, kailangan imbitahan mo. they were not invited formally to appear in Malacanang kaya di rin sila nagpunta, nagulat pa nga daw sila nong may news na lumalabas at the very time when they were still here. I guess plastic soul & ninejuicyjulius can tell you exactlly about this.. A little back read bros.

a talaga?? THANKS sa info! :-D

masyado pa kasi akong bata nung mga panahon na yun e, kaya di ako masyado nagka interest sa issue, ang alam ko lang BEATLES Rocks!
 :-D
The Dream is FREE, But the HUSTLE is sold separately

MOVE your Ass!

Offline skirmish

« Reply #202 on: February 14, 2010, 03:10:31 PM »
baka me ngpost na nito. delete nyo na lng kung meron na  :-)

sabi ng progenitors ko, kaya daw ganun hair ng beatles kse one day naligo sila sa pool tapos nung umahun sila and natuyo na hair di nila sinuklay kaya naging moptop. dunno kung totoo ito  :lol:

Offline muscovite

« Reply #203 on: February 14, 2010, 07:00:24 PM »
baka me ngpost na nito. delete nyo na lng kung meron na  :-)

sabi ng progenitors ko, kaya daw ganun hair ng beatles kse one day naligo sila sa pool tapos nung umahun sila and natuyo na hair di nila sinuklay kaya naging moptop. dunno kung totoo ito  :lol:

Yeah bro marami nga din nag-sasabi na 'baka' isa yun sa reason, but eto lang din i'm not sure if 'real' kasi nalaman ko na the reason why, they agreed on the "moptop", nung una ayaw ni lennon...ang nag pa-umpisa talaga si 'Stuart' best friend ni lennon na classmate nya sa art school. At
nung time nasa Hamburg gig silang lima, nakilala ni stuart si Astrid... German bebot, na photographer/artist din at the same time. Ayun, naging-mag-jowa nga and eventually, inayusan ni Astrid si Stuart ng 'MOPTOP' look, na pa-uso o usong uso na at that time sa Hamburg,Germany na wala pang nakakaalam sa U.K.
YUn nga sinabi ni Stuart sa remaining Beatles na ganun na lang hairstyle nila, kasi dati mala-elvis brush-up goose upped kung tawagin nila or some sort. Rock & Roll..
Eventually, napapayag nila si Lennon sa huli nga & the rest was history..hehehe..
Ayun sana mag-confirm din yung iba nating Beatniks dyan if what I read is true or may relevance hehehe..

Peace! :-D

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #204 on: February 16, 2010, 11:01:53 PM »

The first of a kind, one of the rarest concept of doing a concert at the roof of Twickenham studios was an abrupt decision, it was not planned.

Making the Let it be album original concept was to record a live album. That means no overdubbing. George Martin(during the stage of conceptualization) didn't like the idea since this is a very tedious job to do. just imagine for a single mistake, another take will be made. A tour was planned, one in India (george harrison must have chosen it) But since there were already tensions around, john was quoted saying let's do it in the moon out of his frustrations. Doing it at the roof top suddenly was the alternative.

Offline skirmish

« Reply #205 on: February 17, 2010, 06:04:52 PM »
Yeah bro marami nga din nag-sasabi na 'baka' isa yun sa reason, but eto lang din i'm not sure if 'real' kasi nalaman ko na the reason why, they agreed on the "moptop", nung una ayaw ni lennon...ang nag pa-umpisa talaga si 'Stuart' best friend ni lennon na classmate nya sa art school. At
nung time nasa Hamburg gig silang lima, nakilala ni stuart si Astrid... German bebot, na photographer/artist din at the same time. Ayun, naging-mag-jowa nga and eventually, inayusan ni Astrid si Stuart ng 'MOPTOP' look, na pa-uso o usong uso na at that time sa Hamburg,Germany na wala pang nakakaalam sa U.K.
YUn nga sinabi ni Stuart sa remaining Beatles na ganun na lang hairstyle nila, kasi dati mala-elvis brush-up goose upped kung tawagin nila or some sort. Rock & Roll..
Eventually, napapayag nila si Lennon sa huli nga & the rest was history..hehehe..
Ayun sana mag-confirm din yung iba nating Beatniks dyan if what I read is true or may relevance hehehe..

Peace! :-D

haha ayus. tenx!  :-D

Offline audio deft

« Reply #206 on: February 20, 2010, 10:50:06 PM »
question nga po pala: we know that john was the primary songwriter of "come together". sya rin po ba ang sumulat nung famoust bass riff nun or kay paul yun all the way? kasi, parang that song is heavily driven by that bass line considering that it's a lennon composition

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #207 on: February 25, 2010, 05:00:10 AM »
@ audiodeft & some

Paul McCartney recalled in Rolling Stone magazine's 500 Greatest Songs: "I said, 'Let's slow it down with a swampy bass-and-drums vibe.' I came up with a bass line, and it all flowed from there." (thanks, Edward Pearce - Ashford, Kent, England)

John Lennon was sued for stealing the guitar riff and the line "Here comes old flat-top" from Chuck Berry's "You Can't Catch Me." The lawsuit did not come from Berry, but from Morris Levy, one of the music industry's most infamous characters. He owned the song along with thousands of other early rock songs that he basically stole from the poor, black, and unrepresented artists. Levy sued the Beatles, or more accurately, John Lennon, over the song around the time the Beatles broke up. For years, Lennon delayed the trial while he and the Beatles tried to sort out all the legal and business problems that plagued Apple Records. Finally, in an attempt to avoid the court room as much as he could (Lennon felt like he was appearing in court more often than not), he settled with Levy. In return for dropping the suit, Lennon agreed to record his Rock N Roll album, which was just a series of covers of songs Levy owned. Lennon always wanted to make a cover album and was thrilled to have the opportunity, and Levy wanted the value of his songs to increase, and when a Beatle re-records a song, that is just what happens. To make a long long long story short, Lennon recorded the album over the Lost Weekend, a year-or-two period when he was separated from Yoko Ono and lived in LA. During that time he was often drunk or high, and was rather sloppy and useless. Levy was getting frustrated with the lack of progress. Phil Spector was the producer, but in a fit of madness (which was not too unusual for Spector) he ran away and stole the recording session tapes. Levy invited Lennon to his upstate NY recording studio, and that is where he finally recorded the album. (thanks, Matthew - New York, NY)

The whispered lyric that sounds like "shoot" is actually Lennon saying "shoot me" followed by a handclap. The bass line drowns out the "me."

The Beatles recorded this on July 21, 1969 and it was the first session John Lennon actively participated in following his and Yoko's car accident 3 weeks earlier. John was so insistent on Yoko being in the studio with him that he had a hospital bed set up in the studio for her right after the accident, since she was more seriously injured than he was. (thanks, Adrian - Wilmington, DE)

The line "Ono sideboard" refers to Yoko.
The British Broadcasting Company (The BBC) banned this because of the reference to Coca Cola, which they considered advertising.

This has one of the most commonly misheard lyrics in the history of popular music: "Hold you in his -armchair- you can feel his disease." It's actually "Hold you in his arms, yeah, you can feel his disease." All published sheet music had the "armchair" lyric, including the inner sleeve of the 1967-1970 compilation, which contained lots of other errors too, notably on "Strawberry Fields Forever." After John heard that his lyric was incorrect in the sheet music and other folios, he decided he liked "armchair" better and kept it. (thanks, Mark - London, England)

The Beatles released this as a "double A side" single with "Something."

In 1969, this won a Grammy for best engineered recording.

When rumors were spreading that Paul McCartney was dead, some fans thought the line "One and one and one is three" meant that only George, John and Ringo were left. The line "Got to be good lookin' cuz he's so hard to see" was supposed to be Paul's spirit. (thanks, jill - placentia, CA)

Though Ringo is best known for playing on Oyster Black Pearl Ludwig drum kit, he used for this his Ludwig "Hollywood" maple-finish equipment, with a 22" kick. Starr produced his distinctive late '60s drum muffling sound on tracks like this by wrapping tea towels (dishtowels) around his snares and toms.

Paul is quoted as saying that John was not liberal in complimenting his bandmates "If you ever got a speck of it, you were grateful" Sp Paul was very pleased when John complimented him on the "swampy" arrangement idea that Paul came up with for the song. Both John and Paul knew at the time that the song was a rip off of "You Cant Catch Me" and wanted to make it sound as different as possible. What I like about this story is that despite so many rumors of how they didn't work together much at all in the later years, this story, if true, indicates that their collaboration was strong right up to the very end.
- Perry, Portsmouth, NH
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 05:01:21 AM by slowhandpal »

Offline audio deft

« Reply #208 on: February 25, 2010, 09:36:28 PM »
ayos. thanks slowhandpal

Offline ninejuicyjulius

• Banned from AGT
« Reply #209 on: February 26, 2010, 05:24:55 PM »
Hey Judes, baka may alam kayong site kung saan mababasa ang in-depth production notes para sa LOVE album ng mag-amang George at Giles Martin. Pa-share naman. Tamad maghanap e. Tengks.  :lol:
Ows? Di nga?

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #210 on: February 28, 2010, 08:09:57 AM »

The most hated song of John, George & Ringo that they've recorded is Maxwell's Silver hammer because Paul have asked them to play over a thousand times according to John.

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #211 on: March 02, 2010, 04:49:13 AM »

George Harrison reprimanded the recording engineer who commented that there was too much reverb on his song saying " Don't ever talk like that to a Beatle!"

More info on their break up on my next posts  :-)

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #212 on: March 04, 2010, 06:49:35 AM »

Ringo at first didn't want to sing the song With a little help from my friends because of the lines," What would you do if I sing out of tune.. :-)"

Offline audio deft

« Reply #213 on: March 04, 2010, 09:15:29 PM »
Ringo at first didn't want to sing the song With a little help from my friends because of the lines," What would you do if I sing out of tune.. :-)"

hahaha.... ok to......  parang may narinig ako dati na john and paul always tried to write songs for ringo. at least one ata per album. looking back, parang meron nga lagi song na si ringo ang lead vocals, either cover or beatles orig. sa let it be lang ata wala

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #214 on: March 04, 2010, 10:16:55 PM »

hahaha.... ok to......  parang may narinig ako dati na john and paul always tried to write songs for ringo. at least one ata per album. looking back, parang meron nga lagi song na si ringo ang lead vocals, either cover or beatles orig. sa let it be lang ata wala

John & Paul wrote I wanna be your man, yellow submarine, good night and let Ringo sing it. Also on their early years when George was still learning to write songs Paul & John let him sing Do you want to know a secret & I'm happy just to dance with you. On the following stanza after the chorus of All my loving, George took the lead vocals so Paul can sing the tenor part.

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #215 on: March 07, 2010, 10:49:25 AM »
The Beatles played 52 original songs in the month of January 1969.several of which would soon make up Abbey Road and would also appear as some of the best material on the group's members solo albums- all the bad feelings that been festering for some time. Paul tried to keep the others on track, but it was a thankless task. The others found his cajoling noxious and condescending. To them, it had become another Mc Cartney affair, with him telling everybody what notes and tempo to play, even telling the film director how to direct.

Ringo said that Paul wants us to work all the time because he was the workaholic. george Martin felt had little other choice. Paul would rather be over bossy, which the other boys would dislike according to George Martin. but it was only way of getting together.. It was just a general disintegration
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 10:53:15 AM by slowhandpal »

Offline plasticsoul

« Reply #216 on: March 07, 2010, 08:53:39 PM »
On the following stanza after the chorus of All my loving, George took the lead vocals so Paul can sing the tenor part.

Meanwhile, John's rhythm in "All My Loving" is truly revolutionary. Country style in rock n roll fashion. Bagay sa Ricks. If you watch their early live shows, you see how John makes the trick...pero mahirap pa din gayahin.

"You've Got to Hide Your Love Way"- The intro in the key of G did not exactly sound as the standard G. If you listen to Eddie Vedder's cover, he played the exact standard G. In the Anthology 2 album, John could be heard tuning the strings before the take. I think it was it was a deliberate deviation from the usual tuning. BTW, the song which was a Dylan influence was voted as one of the top 25 acoustic rock songs by Acoustic Guitar Mag.

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #217 on: March 07, 2010, 09:30:50 PM »
Meanwhile, John's rhythm in "All My Loving" is truly revolutionary. Country style in rock n roll fashion. Bagay sa Ricks. If you watch their early live shows, you see how John makes the trick...pero mahirap pa din gayahin.

"You've Got to Hide Your Love Way"- The intro in the key of G did not exactly sound as the standard G. If you listen to Eddie Vedder's cover, he played the exact standard G. In the Anthology 2 album, John could be heard tuning the strings before the take. I think it was it was a deliberate deviation from the usual tuning. BTW, the song which was a Dylan influence was voted as one of the top 25 acoustic rock songs by Acoustic Guitar Mag.

jajaja sinabi mo pa, napakahirap talaga gayahin ang rhythm ng All my loving :| magaling din talaga si Lennon, kwela pa!

pertaining You've got to hide your love away, it reminds us of the right intro chord of A hard days night, naging palaisipan din yon minsan ng mga guitarist..

Offline audio deft

« Reply #218 on: March 07, 2010, 10:25:00 PM »
"you've got to hide your love away" was one of the beatles songs i truly played a lot sa acoustic when i first started playing. i got the chords from the beatles songbook by jingle magazine. ang galing kasi nung pagkakagawa nung song, as most of beatles' songs are. everything about it is great. then the flute part towards the end sealed the deal. pero syempre if you're going to play the song, instead of a flute, sisipol ka na lang. hehe

eto na, napapakanta na ko.... "here i stand with head in hand".........."gather round all you clowns"........ haha

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #219 on: March 07, 2010, 10:42:43 PM »
"you've got to hide your love away" was one of the beatles songs i truly played a lot sa acoustic when i first started playing. i got the chords from the beatles songbook by jingle magazine. ang galing kasi nung pagkakagawa nung song, as most of beatles' songs are. everything about it is great. then the flute part towards the end sealed the deal. pero syempre if you're going to play the song, instead of a flute, sisipol ka na lang. hehe

eto na, napapakanta na ko.... "here i stand with head in hand".........."gather round all you clowns"........ haha

hey bro. :wink: the first song I learned to play is Norwegian wood, then words of love. jaja iilan lang ang chords pero galing ng guitar solos

Offline plasticsoul

« Reply #220 on: March 08, 2010, 11:33:21 PM »

I had to watch "Help!" particularly that part of "You've Got to Hide Your Love Away" to know the trick...di ko alam if I ever learned it  :-)

But I enjoyed playing it. Always do. Tried to play the flute part in harmonica, ala Dylan...he he.

What about "Julia"- a friend taught me to play this with capo on the 2nd fret and played it in the key of C. That part of G#7 I couldn't play right. I tried to look at Sean's style in "Come Together" but still couldn't get it. It's not an exact G#7 chord I suppose.

John may not be a Harrison, Clapton, Hendrix or any other guitar hero but he showed through his works that he made the acoustic guitar a big part of rock music. He had  a style. Doyle Bramhall chose him as one his best guitarists.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 11:36:26 PM by plasticsoul »

Offline Mocho

« Reply #221 on: March 10, 2010, 05:13:51 PM »
I've watched The Beatles Anthology Documentary Films last christmas, John accidentally discovered guitar feedback nung sinandal nya yung guitar sa naka-on na amp & after that he used that same feedback sa "I feel fine", and how they would travel ng dalawang bus rides (nung nag-uumpisa pa lang silang matutong maggitara) to a guy na alam kung paano gawin yung B7 chord  :-D.

Nandun din yung tragic manila concert nila, may mga black & white film footages during concert (albeit di mo maririnig silang kumakanta) at yung mga pinoy na sinusunog yung mga beatles album after the band snubbed the marcoses.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 05:22:14 PM by Mocho »

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #222 on: March 11, 2010, 05:06:31 AM »
I've watched The Beatles Anthology Documentary Films last christmas, John accidentally discovered guitar feedback nung sinandal nya yung guitar sa naka-on na amp & after that he used that same feedback sa "I feel fine", and how they would travel ng dalawang bus rides (nung nag-uumpisa pa lang silang matutong maggitara) to a guy na alam kung paano gawin yung B7 chord  :-D.

Nandun din yung tragic manila concert nila, may mga black & white film footages during concert (albeit di mo maririnig silang kumakanta) at yung mga pinoy na sinusunog yung mga beatles album after the band snubbed the marcoses.

galing a.. by the way re manila concert, you have a personal video on this bro or sa you tube nyo napanood?

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #223 on: March 11, 2010, 05:25:07 AM »
share ko lang po, nakita ko sa tumblr ko, ngayon ko lang nalaman ung iba  :lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/the-beatles/6150647/The-Beatles-20-things-you-did-not-know-about-the-Fab-Four.html

1. Impossible as it may sound there are still Beatles songs unreleased - the most notable ones being Carnival of Light (an experimental piece recorded on 5 January 1967 for The Million Volt Light and Sound Rave) and a 27-minute jam of Helter Skelter. A John Lennon composition the three surviving Beatles worked on in the early '90s prior to the Anthology release called Grow Old with Me also remains unreleased.

2. The Beatles (or at least half of it) sang for the Rolling Stones: Lennon and Paul McCartney provided backing vocals to the 1967 single We Love You.

3. Besides writing hundreds of songs for the Beatles, Lennon and McCartney also wrote dozens of songs for other artistes such as From A Window (Billy J. Kramer with The Dakotas), One and One Is Two (The Strangers with Mike Shannon), Step Inside Love and It's For You (Cilla Black), Come and Get It (Badfinger) and Woman (Peter and Gordon).

4. The Beatles’ third studio album A Hard Day’s Night is the only one to exclusively contain Lennon-McCartney compositions.

5. Paul is not McCartney's first name, James is. Lennon changed his middle name from Winston to Ono after marrying Yoko Ono in 1969.

6. At the end of Strawberry Fields Forever, Lennon is heard mumbling what sounds like "I buried Paul", which helped fuel the 'Paul is Dead' rumours. He's actually saying "cranberry sauce".

7. The only Beatles single to ever feature another musician on the credit is Get Back/Don't Let Me Down (credited to The Beatles with Billy Preston). Preston, recruited by George Harrison to ease the growing tensions in the band, played the Hammond organ on both songs.

8. Two days after Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band released, Jimi Hendrix opened his set at London's Saville Theatre with the title track, something McCartney considers his "single biggest tribute".

9. The final version of Strawberry Fields Forever was created combining two takes of the song in two different keys and speeds - a remarkable achievement considering the equipment and technology of the time - but still failed to fully satisfy Lennon. (meron ako mp3 neto! ung parang di siya natutuwa sa kanta puro first stanza lang muna)

10. The only Beatles track to be credited to Lennon and Harrison is an early instrumental called Cry for a Shadow recorded in 1961 when the band was backing Tony Sheridan. Flying and Dig It are the only two tracks to be credited to all four Beatles.

11. The BBC banned several Beatles songs - I Am the Walrus (for the use of the word 'knickers') and Fixing a Hole, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and A Day in the Life (all for alleged drug reference).

12. The working title for the film Help! was Eight Arms to Hold You.

13. For the Sgt Pepper album cover, cutouts of Adolf Hitler, Mahatma Gandhi, and Jesus Christ were requested by Lennon, but ultimately they were left out, though a cutout of Hitler was made for use.

14. Ringo Starr was the first to actually leave the group, walking out in 1968 during the acrimonious White Album sessions. As a result, the remaining Beatles all took turns on the drums for some of the tracks. When Starr finally returned he found his drum kit covered in flowers.

15. The closest the Beatles came to reuniting was at Eric Clapton's wedding to Patti Boyd in 1979, where McCartney, Harrison and Starr played. Lennon did not attend.

16. The last time Lennon and McCartney played together was at the Los Angeles Hit Factory studio in 1974. The abysmal (and possibly drug-fuelled) session, which also featured Stevie Wonder and Harry Nilsson, was of such bad quality that the bootleg recording was released as A Toot And A Snore In 74.

17. Lennon and McCartney each recorded demos called India which remain unreleased. Each of them also recorded a version of Fats Domino's Ain't That a Shame for their rock and roll albums (called Rock 'n' Roll and Снова в СССР respectively).

18. The first song ever written by Lennon was called Hello Little Girl. McCartney's first was I Lost My Little Girl.

19. Lennon was charged with plagiarism by Chuck Berry's publisher over Come Together which resembled Berry's 1956 song You Can't Catch Me. The case was settled out of court. George Harrison faced and lost a similar lawsuit over his solo hit My Sweet Lord which resembled the Chiffons' He's So Fine. (interesting... )

20. Lennon's number 9 connection: Lennon was born on 9 October 1940, his son Sean was also born 9 October, 1975. He wrote the songs #9 Dream (part of Lennon's ninth solo album Walls and Bridges which was released in the ninth month of 1974 and peaked at number 9 in the US charts) and with the Beatles - One After 909 and Revolution 9. He lived in apartment number 72 on 72nd Street in New York and was killed in the evening of December 8 when it was already early morning of December 9 in his birthplace of Liverpool.

A lot of info here. I honestly didn't know this before :-) thanks a lot spongegen :wink:

Offline Mocho

« Reply #224 on: March 11, 2010, 09:29:25 AM »
galing a.. by the way re manila concert, you have a personal video on this bro or sa you tube nyo napanood?

I downloaded their old Anthology Documentary films na matagal ng pinalabas sa UK, mga short film clips lang habang iniinterview sila.

Regarding if Brian Epstein is gay, parang... yung song na "Baby, You're a Rich Man", nung nirerehearse daw nila yung kanta (according to an article na nabasa ko a long time ago), pinapalitan daw ni Lennon yung main chorus line, ginagawa nyang "Baby, you're a rich man too" into "Baby, you're a rich fag jew". And parang yung kanta ay patungkol kay Epstein, kasi mayroong line na "you keep all your money in a big brown bag", dahil after ng concert(s) ng Beatles mayroon pang kick-back si Epstein dun sa kita sa concert (parang under the table) na usually nakalagay sa brown paper bag.