hulika

Author Topic: ''FANBOYS'' please read this....  (Read 5664 times)

Offline Lahed92801

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: is it the right thing for all you young guitarist to learn?
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2007, 07:19:46 PM »
opinion nya lang yun may mga kanya kanya tayong opinion

heto una nyang sinulat basahin nyong mabuti 

Styles is also something to consider if you don’t want to fall in a sterile “who’s stronger, elephant or rhino ?” debate. You just can’t compare Johnny Marr, Frank Gambale and Tommy Emmanuel

pagkatapos pinag compare niya si johnny marr at steve vai :lol:

basahin nyo

Your teacher has probably never heard of Johnny Marr. Which is too bad, because there is most probably more genius in one song of Johnny Marr than in the whole discography of Steve Vai. Oops.

e di hipokrito labas nya :-)

there is nothing wrong with playing fast as long as you do it tastefully

magkakaiba mga style ng mga guitar player pero pare pareho lang silang mahilig sa musika hindi mawawala respeto ko kay gambale dahil lang sa article na yan ganun din sa mga slowhand mabilis man o mabagal nasa panlasa lang ng nakikinig yan

am i making myself clear peace :-)

Bro, i think he's talking about genius in terms of musical ideas and the "quality" of the songs as opposed to comparing "who's a better guitarist?"  :-D

Offline EL GUAPO

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2007, 08:10:19 PM »
Bro, i think he's talking about genius in terms of musical ideas and the "quality" of the songs as opposed to comparing "who's a better guitarist?"  :-D

so whose to say kung sino ang better songwriter or ano ba ang better idea kung pareho musicians magkaiba parin sila ng taste sya nga mismo nagsabi na di dapat kinocompare meron ba akong sinabing whose better songwriter or guitarist  basahin mo muna mabuti  :-D :-D :-D peace dude
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 08:19:02 PM by EL GUAPO »

Offline Speed_Kills

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2007, 08:55:17 PM »
opinion nya lang yun may mga kanya kanya tayong opinion

heto una nyang sinulat basahin nyong mabuti 

Styles is also something to consider if you don’t want to fall in a sterile “who’s stronger, elephant or rhino ?” debate. You just can’t compare Johnny Marr, Frank Gambale and Tommy Emmanuel

pagkatapos pinag compare niya si johnny marr at steve vai :lol:

basahin nyo

Your teacher has probably never heard of Johnny Marr. Which is too bad, because there is most probably more genius in one song of Johnny Marr than in the whole discography of Steve Vai. Oops.e di hipokrito labas nya :-)

there is nothing wrong with playing fast as long as you do it tastefully

magkakaiba mga style ng mga guitar player pero pare pareho lang silang mahilig sa musika hindi mawawala respeto ko kay gambale dahil lang sa article na yan ganun din sa mga slowhand mabilis man o mabagal nasa panlasa lang ng nakikinig yan

am i making myself clear peace :-)

tingin ko tama ung sinabi niya dun...

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2007, 09:50:00 PM »
so whose to say kung sino ang better songwriter or ano ba ang better idea kung pareho musicians magkaiba parin sila ng taste sya nga mismo nagsabi na di dapat kinocompare meron ba akong sinabing whose better songwriter or guitarist  basahin mo muna mabuti  :-D :-D :-D peace dude
dude, that's why Lahed pointed out that guitarists are not being compared in the statement you highlighted and saying that the writer is hipokrito, instead the writer is trying to say that there is probably more genius (i.e. creativity or talent or whatever) in one Johnny Marr song than the whole discography of Vai...he didn't quite exactly say that Johnny Marr is a sh!tload more genius than Vai...at least that's what I understood. I could be wrong... :wink:

Offline blue_raven

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2007, 10:19:10 PM »
si frank gambale yun men  :-D

yeah!  :-D

imo, never liked the playing of the boys from dragon force..

Offline Mr Nox

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: ''FANBOYS'' please read this....
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2007, 01:00:40 AM »
Hello guys,

I'm the writer of the blog you're talking about. I'm happy most of you enjoyed it. I just wanted to clear some misunderstanding : when I say the soli I put were "lame", that was because of this guy who said I couldn't find a better solo than what DragonForce do, so I put BETTER soli (you probably noticed, right ?) and call them "lame". I spent a lot of time editing those soli and I certainly wouldn't do it for things I despise... As for Troy Grady, there are only 3 links on my blog and Troy is one of them, that should give you a hint about my fellings toward Troy... :wink:

Offline supacow

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2007, 12:18:56 PM »
Hello guys,

I'm the writer of the blog you're talking about. I'm happy most of you enjoyed it. I just wanted to clear some misunderstanding : when I say the soli I put were "lame", that was because of this guy who said I couldn't find a better solo than what DragonForce do, so I put BETTER soli (you probably noticed, right ?) and call them "lame". I spent a lot of time editing those soli and I certainly wouldn't do it for things I despise... As for Troy Grady, there are only 3 links on my blog and Troy is one of them, that should give you a hint about my fellings toward Troy... :wink:

woot! nice of you to chime in here!

you friend fred has some great chops! http://thebestguitarsiteintheworld.blogspot.com/2007_06_01_archive.html

please send my praises to him!

Offline farleysbeat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2007, 04:39:29 PM »
asan na yung post ni nox? siya ba talaga yun? hehe.
Luke 1:37; Mark 9:23

Offline Lahed92801

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2007, 06:31:06 PM »
dude, that's why Lahed pointed out that guitarists are not being compared in the statement you highlighted and saying that the writer is hipokrito, instead the writer is trying to say that there is probably more genius (i.e. creativity or talent or whatever) in one Johnny Marr song than the whole discography of Vai...he didn't quite exactly say that Johnny Marr is a sh!tload more genius than Vai...at least that's what I understood. I could be wrong... :wink:

Exactly what i'm saying. What he meant was Johnny Marr songs have more "AMAZING TUNE HERE" quality than any song or even the entire vai discography. I partially agree because with Vai it's kinda hit and miss. Some songs are kinda... bleh... but many songs like "Building the Church", "Tender Surrender", "The audience is listening" and "Bad horsie" are WHOA tunes. But i've never heard a johnny marr song that was "average composition". Great playing by vai EVERY time, though without a doubt.

Offline reps

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2007, 07:42:00 PM »
+1 to EL GUAPO
By saying that Person A has more <insert adjective here> than Person B, I THINK the author was already comparing. Just my opinion. Peace.
feedback is your friend

Offline nhojie

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2007, 04:30:48 AM »
good read! :-)
\\\\\\\"watch a man play for an hour and u can learn more about him than in talking to him for a year\\\\\\\"-PLATO

Offline Speed_Kills

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2007, 07:43:10 AM »
asan na yung post ni nox? siya ba talaga yun? hehe.

siya na yun....nagrereply siya sa mga PM ko sa kanya eh....