hulika

Author Topic: Microsoft reveals minimum PC specs for Windows 10 VR headsets  (Read 1990 times)

Offline mozart123

• Philmusicus Addictus
Microsoft reveals minimum PC specs for Windows 10 VR headsets
« on: November 21, 2016, 09:27:24 PM »
Microsoft is planning to support virtual reality experiences for all Windows 10 PCs as part of the Creators Update next year. While HTC’s Vive and Oculus’ Rift use their own custom software, Microsoft is attempting to create its own VR platform with Windows Holographic, the same environment that powers the company’s HoloLens headset. The software giant revealed that VR headsets for Windows 10 will start at $299, and now it’s starting to detail the PC specs required to power those VR experiences.

In the latest test builds of Windows 10, Microsoft is now including a "Windows Holographic First Run" application that tests a machine to ensure it’s compatible. I’ve tested a variety of machines, and it appears that Microsoft’s minimum requirements are pretty basic:

4GB of RAM
USB 3.0 port
A graphics card with DirectX 12 support
4 CPU cores, including dual-core processors with hyperthreading

http://www.theverge.com/2016/11/21/13697268/microsoft-windows-10-vr-headsets-minimum-specs
check out my new page:Condo for sale Luzon.

Offline Van*

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Microsoft reveals minimum PC specs for Windows 10 VR headsets
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 01:58:53 AM »
I would say get at least a RX480 or 1060. Minimum requirements on gaming means you'll be getting the worst possible experience. This goes to all games not limited to VR.
What you own, owns you.

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 06:51:04 AM »
I would say get at least a RX480 or 1060. Minimum requirements on gaming means you'll be getting the worst possible experience. This goes to all games not limited to VR.

Red Alert 2 lang naman lalaruin ko eh  :idea:
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline Van*

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 09:24:12 PM »
Hahaha!
What you own, owns you.