hulika

Author Topic: Guitar Central concert EB-October 16  (Read 30872 times)

Offline blue_raven

• Forum Fanatic
Guitar Central concert EB-October 16
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2006, 09:58:55 PM »
everyone was so great wala akong masabi..

kudos again to BAMF for an excellent job!!! sayang lang, i needed to go home early for work...

my favorite part of the night, hearing psychic_sushi and his BAMF'D DS1!!! panalo!!!

Offline RonnieA

Salamt Muli sa Lahat!
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2006, 10:43:40 PM »
Hello everybody!

Ayun pala YUN!!! This morning I was describing the Tone bliss I experienced with my wife and I just realized, Yun pal "Amazing Grace" is the slide before "key...." Maraming Salamat Bro. Joric for that--another one of those tunes that willbe there in My all time favorites. Its a different experience when you hear it Live--sends chill everywhere. Iba talaga Bro ang tone mo sa slide!!!!

Thanks Again sa Lahat!

RonnieA

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2006, 12:36:14 AM »
Quote from: blue_raven

kudos again to BAMF for an excellent job!!! sayang lang, i needed to go home early for work...

my favorite part of the night, hearing psychic_sushi and his BAMF'D DS1!!! panalo!!!

Wow! I'm glad you liked it. the BAMF'ed DS-1 is an amazing beast, highly recommended :) Thanx!
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline tam_guitar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2006, 12:53:15 AM »
Quote from: deltaslim
Quote from: tam_guitar
Sir Joric: Yung VIdeo penge COPY! alam mo na what im talking about  :wink:
and you got to have clinics about slides...damn those notes are still ringing in my ears the whole day!

Tam - Those hormones kicking in again, bro?  Hehe...

But we gotta ask sistah Caren for permission. I'm not posting it on youtube w/o her permission. Or I can send to her and she can do what she wants with it.

Caren - You may have noticed several DOM-type guys taking pics and vids of you.  Uhm, a friend of mine I was with that night, is one of them.  :roll:     What do you want done w/ the videos - send to you or can we post on youtube para makita ka ng mga madlang tao?  The audio quality is poor; the video quality is ok, but the sight of a pretty girl in a red dress tapping/shredding on guitar is FAR OUT so never mind the audio!

i agree...ill ask her permission first  :P
There is no tone. There is only music.

Offline Kulas

• Board Moderator
« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2006, 12:59:35 AM »
ok, here's a gig review, humanda kayo! hehehe.

na-late ako ng dating eh, inabutan ko lang yung start ng firebottle set onwards. so i can't comment on the other bands that played before them. mahasa lang ang narinig ko na dati eh, and i have nothing but good things to say about that band, panalo kayo boys! anyway here goes, hehe.

firebottle, what happens when you put deltaslim, psychic_sushi, toybitz, and valve together? for sure alam nyo na ang sagot. shempre kalupitan! as usual solid guitar playing from sila delta and anton (i don't know the other guy eh, pero i can barely hear him) valve and bitoy provided steady rhythm all throughout. pero sayang din kasi hindi ko marinig yung keyboards. that could've added a little more flavor to the spicy guitar playing of the two, hehe. as for the tone, all i can say is maganda. maganda yung tunog nung tonelab SE, it's very organic, tubey overdrive. very warm. alam mo delta ang kulang lang sana sa rendition nyo nung amazing grace eh vibrato effect. nai-imagine ko na sana si ralph macchio sa movie na crossroads, hehe. when he was playing his tele into the pignose, pero may vibrato, hahaha. ang sarap nun when you were "cutting heads" hehe. ayos eh, isang blues at isang shred player, hehe, who could ask for more? hehe. only negative review ko eh, yung volume. hindi lang na-balance ng mabuti. maganda sana kung rinig lahat. pero negligible naman yun eh, hehe. so overall, bery bery good performance.

moving on... J3. ang poging banda, hahaha. jazhombie on his synth guitar and psychic_sushi's tele with the BAMF-ed DS-1. of course dr. armstrong himself (voltes 5) deacon_blues on bass, and toybitz on drums. eto panalo, hehe. jazz fusion na toh, hehe. plus naki-jam pa si mr. pinoymusika. wala patay na, hehe. overall good tone, rinig naman lahat. medyo matalas lang yung synth-ed guitar. maybe due to the amp, yung fender princeton, ang talas talaga nun, hehe. hindi na maintindihan yung high registers kasi medyo shrill na at matalas. pero overall ulit, ayos na ayos, very high ang skill level ng band na 'to. si deacon_blues pala eh gitarista? hehe. very natural ang pag-bass nya, pasok na pasok.

then enter caren's band. i'm sure everyone was totally blown away by this one, hehe. malufet si caren, hehe. overall killer looks matched with killer guitar playing and killer distortion tones. ganda ng tone nung GT-2, bigat! hehe. bagay na bagay. hindi ko lang marinig yung keyboardist nyo. sayang. pero overall ok rin. the drums are ok lang, could be better kung mas ok yung phrasing ng mga fills nya. pero what the heck. kung ganyan ba itsura ng front lady nyo eh ano pa ba hihingin nyo? (hindi ako nambobola ah, at hindi ko rin kailangan ng pera, hahaha)

tapos yung open jam na, hehe. sana hindi muna umalis yung mga ibang tao, hehe. eto na ang kulitan portion eh, hehe. ang sarap nung tugtugan while it lasted. yung georgy porgy led by dominant_chord2005. pare ang ganda ng tunog ng strat mo! very hot and funky! malupit ka talagang tumugtog pre. and si floyd_nikita na gumigiling sa mic stand, hehehe. ang sarap din ka-jam ni mr. pinoymusika! very steady groove. buti na lang kinuha ni anton yung guitar ko, hehe. i couldn't give justice to the other guys, hehe. pero i'd have to say, hehe. anti-GAS yung narinig ko sa guitar ko and rig, hehe. parang sabi ko... "it's a beautiful world" hehe. si anton made my rig sound really good, hehe. i hope i could make it do that too, hehe. maybe in the future. yung bossa jam was killer, lalo na yung take five, hehe. kulitan na in the end eh, hehe. from purely jazz licks, to GnR, to christmas tunes, to hi ho silver away, hehe. sarap nga naman, hehe.

so in the end, this was another very successful BAMF-prod. the sheer number of people was astonishing. and the skill level of the gig was very high and very inspiring. looking forward to more of these jam-EB's in the coming months, hehe.

Offline tam_guitar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2006, 01:10:39 AM »
kulas...

kelan ko kaya mapapantayan level ni ate caren?

Offline Kulas

• Board Moderator
« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2006, 01:29:26 AM »
Quote from: tam_guitar
kulas...

kelan ko kaya mapapantayan level ni ate caren?

hmmm... depende sayo yun pre.

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2006, 07:14:32 AM »
Quote from: Kulas
firebottle, what happens when you put deltaslim, psychic_sushi, toybitz, and valve together? for sure alam nyo na ang sagot. shempre kalupitan! as usual solid guitar playing from sila delta and anton (i don't know the other guy eh, pero i can barely hear him) valve and bitoy provided steady rhythm all throughout. pero sayang din kasi hindi ko marinig yung keyboards. that could've added a little more flavor to the spicy guitar playing of the two, hehe. as for the tone, all i can say is maganda. maganda yung tunog nung tonelab SE, it's very organic, tubey overdrive. very warm. alam mo delta ang kulang lang sana sa rendition nyo nung amazing grace eh vibrato effect. nai-imagine ko na sana si ralph macchio sa movie na crossroads, hehe. when he was playing his tele into the pignose, pero may vibrato, hahaha. ang sarap nun when you were "cutting heads" hehe. ayos eh, isang blues at isang shred player, hehe, who could ask for more? hehe. only negative review ko eh, yung volume. hindi lang na-balance ng mabuti. maganda sana kung rinig lahat. pero negligible naman yun eh, hehe. so overall, bery bery good performance.

tnx peews!  i got the same comment from 2 other people re volume imbalance. sorry folks!  we will try to manage that better next time.

dun sa amazing grace, you prolly mean "tremolo" instead of vibrato?  actually, the reason i bought an ex-7 was to add that effect, plus wah, and volume swells to my slide sound.  now i get those in the tonelab too, easier pa.  kaso di pa ako sanay mag-tap dance ng effects while playing.  pero hanep sa tunog, naku, ika nga ni oas e, "My tone gives me a hard-on"!   sige, i'll try and incorporate it next time. maybe in the solo slide blues number ni Ralph Macchio sa Crossroads movie ("Feeling Lonely Blues").

btw, si Nathan yung other gtrst.  medyo shy sya nung gabing un, may sakit eh....

Tnx bro.

Offline RonnieA

« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2006, 08:30:35 AM »
Kulas:

"tapos yung open jam na, hehe. sana hindi muna umalis yung mga ibang tao, hehe. eto na ang kulitan portion eh, hehe. ang sarap nung tugtugan while it lasted. yung georgy porgy led by dominant_chord2005. pare ang ganda ng tunog ng strat mo! very hot and funky! malupit ka talagang tumugtog pre. and si floyd_nikita na gumigiling sa mic stand, hehehe. ang sarap din ka-jam ni mr. pinoymusika! very steady groove. buti na lang kinuha ni anton yung guitar ko, hehe. i couldn't give justice to the other guys, hehe. pero i'd have to say, hehe. anti-GAS yung narinig ko sa guitar ko and rig, hehe. parang sabi ko... "it's a beautiful world" hehe. si anton made my rig sound really good, hehe. i hope i could make it do that too, hehe. maybe in the future. yung bossa jam was killer, lalo na yung take five, hehe. kulitan na in the end eh, hehe. from purely jazz licks, to GnR, to christmas tunes, to hi ho silver away, hehe. sarap nga naman, hehe."

Nag-Gorgie-porgie Kayo?? :shock:  Elmo (dominantr chords)bakit hindi mo sinabi ito??? AHHHH--Bossa Nova? and Take Five?  ano ba yan??? bakit walang pumigil sa pag--alis ko....huhuhuhuhu :cry:  :cry:

I can just imagine the bass line of deacon blues on Take Five---wow--solid na solid yun! Did by any chance Delta slim played slide in Gorgie Porgie????? Audio clips naman oh KULAS--Pahingi ng CD!!!!!!!

RonnieA

Offline Kulas

• Board Moderator
« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2006, 08:38:06 AM »
Quote from: RonnieA
Kulas:

"tapos yung open jam na, hehe. sana hindi muna umalis yung mga ibang tao, hehe. eto na ang kulitan portion eh, hehe. ang sarap nung tugtugan while it lasted. yung georgy porgy led by dominant_chord2005. pare ang ganda ng tunog ng strat mo! very hot and funky! malupit ka talagang tumugtog pre. and si floyd_nikita na gumigiling sa mic stand, hehehe. ang sarap din ka-jam ni mr. pinoymusika! very steady groove. buti na lang kinuha ni anton yung guitar ko, hehe. i couldn't give justice to the other guys, hehe. pero i'd have to say, hehe. anti-GAS yung narinig ko sa guitar ko and rig, hehe. parang sabi ko... "it's a beautiful world" hehe. si anton made my rig sound really good, hehe. i hope i could make it do that too, hehe. maybe in the future. yung bossa jam was killer, lalo na yung take five, hehe. kulitan na in the end eh, hehe. from purely jazz licks, to GnR, to christmas tunes, to hi ho silver away, hehe. sarap nga naman, hehe."

Nag-Gorgie-porgie Kayo?? :shock:  Elmo (dominantr chords)bakit hindi mo sinabi ito??? AHHHH--Bossa Nova? and Take Five?  ano ba yan??? bakit walang pumigil sa pag--alis ko....huhuhuhuhu :cry:  :cry:

I can just imagine the bass line of deacon blues on Take Five---wow--solid na solid yun! Did by any chance Delta slim played slide in Gorgie Porgie????? Audio clips naman oh KULAS--Pahingi ng CD!!!!!!!

RonnieA

mr. ronnie, eto yung link. yung last 2 jams lang na-record ko eh, hehe. kasi we were busy burning CD's nun, hehe. bale bossa jam and take five 'tong mga 'to. download nyo na lang from my multiply site.

http://peeweevivas.multiply.com/music/item/3

medyo sabog nga lang yung audio, pero despite that, litaw na litaw pa rin yung skills nung mga tumutugtog, hehe. enjoy!

Offline dominant_chord2005

• Veteran Member
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2006, 09:21:36 AM »
Haay...what a night....

Pasensya na sa lahat. I was not at my 100% that night.....my focus went out thanks to the guitar goddess I saw last MOnday night. I have to admit...I really admire her for her looks and killer talent. By far " Miss Congeniality " would be the fitting for miss Caren. You rock girl.

Everything's all said and done, all reviews are done and nothing much to say except thta this is by far the best EB jam I've attended. I've earned a new friend thanks to Tam_guitar, strengthened the friendship bonds with toybitz, jazhombie and psychic_sushi. Jay and Anton, Im learning more and more. God, the dave Fuze syndrome is really kicking in

GUitar One would be in the works soon. depende na lng sa schedule namin lahat. Am so looking forward to this new band.  I'd probably star on writing new material. Tam, ung project natin pare ayusin natin agad. I'll just talk to the others about it.

Salamat din sa mga nakaappreciate ng guitar ko. This is in fact my dream guitar, and after long years of waiting I finally got my wish. From what I heard NIcosci also wanted this kind of guitar, doode, magkakaroon ka rin nyan.

Sir Jobet, thanks sa tugtugan at sa coffee. hopefull there is more to come.

If u guys need anything, feel free to reach me@ 09159501603
"Practice makes perfect."

Offline jazhombie

• Board Moderator
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2006, 04:54:32 PM »
Quote from: dominant_chord2005
Haay...what a night....

Pasensya na sa lahat. I was not at my 100% that night.....my focus went out thanks to the guitar goddess I saw last MOnday night. I have to admit...I really admire her for her looks and killer talent. By far " Miss Congeniality " would be the fitting for miss Caren. You rock girl.

Everything's all said and done, all reviews are done and nothing much to say except thta this is by far the best EB jam I've attended. I've earned a new friend thanks to Tam_guitar, strengthened the friendship bonds with toybitz, jazhombie and psychic_sushi. Jay and Anton, Im learning more and more. God, the dave Fuze syndrome is really kicking in

GUitar One would be in the works soon. depende na lng sa schedule namin lahat. Am so looking forward to this new band.  I'd probably star on writing new material. Tam, ung project natin pare ayusin natin agad. I'll just talk to the others about it.

Salamat din sa mga nakaappreciate ng guitar ko. This is in fact my dream guitar, and after long years of waiting I finally got my wish. From what I heard NIcosci also wanted this kind of guitar, doode, magkakaroon ka rin nyan.

pare msta? lakas manga asar ni tam,hehehe! at mukhang TL kana,joke! niwey hanep yung fuze, no?  tnx tlga kay anton,hehe si kulas may mga rcords din ganda ng jazz collections nya! :D

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Guitar Central concert EB-October 16
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2006, 08:26:51 PM »
Quote from: Kulas

tnx peews!  i got the same comment from 2 other people re volume imbalance. sorry folks!  we will try to manage that better next time.

dun sa amazing grace, you prolly mean "tremolo" instead of vibrato?  actually, the reason i bought an ex-7 was to add that effect, plus wah, and volume swells to my slide sound.  now i get those in the tonelab too, easier pa.  kaso di pa ako sanay mag-tap dance ng effects while playing.  pero hanep sa tunog, naku, ika nga ni oas e, "My tone gives me a hard-on"!   sige, i'll try and incorporate it next time. maybe in the solo slide blues number ni Ralph Macchio sa Crossroads movie ("Feeling Lonely Blues").

btw, si Nathan yung other gtrst.  medyo shy sya nung gabing un, may sakit eh....

Tnx bro.
what happened to my old post?!
instant replay:

i'm afraid that was me. i decided against cranking up kasi we already had anton and joric doing the roaring guitars on top. plus, sabi nga ni joric, shy ako. :D
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 06:23:13 AM by nathanmanansala »

Offline blue_raven

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2006, 09:51:20 AM »
Quote from: blue_raven

Wow! I'm glad you liked it. the BAMF'ed DS-1 is an amazing beast, highly recommended :) Thanx!

i used to think that the ds-1 is overrated. now, i wanna have one!

Offline dominant_chord2005

• Veteran Member
« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2006, 09:52:16 AM »
Haay...what a night....

pare msta? lakas manga asar ni tam,hehehe! at mukhang TL kana,joke! niwey hanep yung fuze, no?  tnx tlga kay anton,hehe si kulas may mga rcords din ganda ng jazz collections nya! :D

Its still kicking in as we speak..ang dami nyang out of this world tones na ghusto ko gawin...pero feeling ko kailangan ko bumalik ng analog para magawa un. As far as she is concerned , "TL", its to early to say. Im just infatuated I guess. Salamat talaga kay anton for introducing Dave Fuze. I might not be around on the next EB jam....I just hope that the schedule would agree with me...I really love hanging out with u guys. Jay, ready ka nga pala I might give u a call this saturday....just be ready.
"Practice makes perfect."

Offline jazhombie

• Board Moderator
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2006, 10:45:44 AM »
Haay...what a night....

Its still kicking in as we speak..ang dami nyang out of this world tones na ghusto ko gawin...pero feeling ko kailangan ko bumalik ng analog para magawa un. As far as she is concerned , "TL", its to early to say. Im just infatuated I guess. Salamat talaga kay anton for introducing Dave Fuze. I might not be around on the next EB jam....I just hope that the schedule would agree with me...I really love hanging out with u guys. Jay, ready ka nga pala I might give u a call this saturday....just be ready.
  WOW! ANO UN DOMCHRD?

Offline tam_guitar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2006, 02:59:36 PM »
musta na?

tnxt kau ni ate caren? may gig sila mamaya...

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2006, 06:49:46 PM »
musta na?

tnxt kau ni ate caren? may gig sila mamaya...

That would probably be this gig: http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php?topic=28856.0

Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom

Offline Kulas

• Board Moderator
« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2006, 10:20:24 PM »
hayup siguro yung gig na yun sa chaquico's. super ang mga gamit dun eh, hehe. dun ko narinig ang best tone ko, haha.

Offline tam_guitar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2006, 01:16:43 AM »
hayup siguro yung gig na yun sa chaquico's. super ang mga gamit dun eh, hehe. dun ko narinig ang best tone ko, haha.

i was there a few minutes ago...im with....guess who! :mrgreen:

Offline Kulas

• Board Moderator
« Reply #95 on: October 25, 2006, 04:16:37 AM »

da who?

Offline tam_guitar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2006, 04:55:10 AM »
yup!

actually...

the shred princess  :mrgreen: hi ate!

Offline jazhombie

• Board Moderator
« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2006, 08:30:51 AM »

hmmm! :evil: :? :-D :-o

Offline tam_guitar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2006, 11:14:22 AM »
jay musta!

ahehehe...bibili na yata si elmo ng synth... :mrgreen:

Offline jazhombie

• Board Moderator
« Reply #99 on: October 25, 2006, 12:21:57 PM »
jay musta!

ahehehe...bibili na yata si elmo ng synth... :mrgreen:
hanep! dami pera ni elmo ah! nong model bro?