hulika

Author Topic: Check out my dream pedal setup!  (Read 10747 times)

Offline nicosci

• Forum Fanatic
Check out my dream pedal setup!
« on: July 26, 2006, 12:20:36 AM »
Pretty simple huh? Will this work?

Let USA invadeThe Philippines

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 12:28:10 AM »
you need an aqua puss and a bd2 :D
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline nicosci

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 12:32:18 AM »
Oh. I wonder how you knew that.... Not

Whats an Aqua Puss? I think I know that...Not

Whats the use of a Blues Driver when I got a TS 808??

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 12:53:27 AM »
check your avatars set-up and you would know what i mean 8) :D ...peace pren 8)
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline five3one

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 07:17:40 AM »
sir, san nyo nabili cables nyo? ganda eh.. hehe joke lng! nice set-up. simple lng pero mukhang effective.
"do you like dreaming of things so impossible?"

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 07:31:21 AM »
is thata rotoshphere? they are nice, i hear, and i've been trying to find a place to try them out but people say the quality varies because oif the amount of noise that you get playing through the pedal.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline rondalla rockstar

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 07:52:50 AM »
nicosci - you have excellent taste in gear.

Offline lykenhowl

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 08:08:13 AM »
Alin jan ang meron ka na?

Offline progressive_pilipinas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 11:55:54 AM »
Quote from: five3one
sir, san nyo nabili cables nyo? ganda eh.. hehe joke lng! nice set-up. simple lng pero mukhang effective.

mas gusto ko yung pedal board.. ahehehe
The fretboard is a vast universe.

Offline akosimic

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2006, 12:13:22 PM »
di ba 9v ang dc brick at 6v ang zoom 505II?

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2006, 01:12:12 PM »
9V din yun.

di ko pa natatry yung Rotosphere. Leslie emulator yun diba? malaki ba yung kinaganda nya sa Dunlop Rotovibe?
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2006, 01:38:56 PM »
I think it's sacriligeous to put a pedalboard in front of a Vibroking...  :wink:

Offline grecoslave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2006, 01:48:07 PM »
Quote from: nicosci
Oh. I wonder how you knew that.... Not

Whats an Aqua Puss? I think I know that...Not

Whats the use of a Blues Driver when I got a TS 808??

i like the Blues driver better than the tubescreamer now. its clearer and a lot more versatile. (why oh why did i spend all that money on hype? :cry: )

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2006, 02:30:06 PM »
Quote from: deltaslim
I think it's sacriligeous to put a pedalboard in front of a Vibroking...  :wink:
amen to that.....I tried rondalla rockstar's vibroking using his gretsch....I got blown away ....I was itching for some dirty sound so I had to use his analogman BD2 already attached in front of the amp.....blues heaven.....wow......vibroking only $2grand+

I love my Tube Works Tube Driver...it really works with my Legacy and my strat and ibanez.
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2006, 02:50:00 PM »
Quote from: rondalla rockstar

Hhmm... wonder why??? Hhmm... Oh... could it be??? I think so? Vibro King! There, 2 separate words, hehe (inside joke) :lol:

OT: Nicosci, I saw your avatar a few months back at Guitar Center. I think he went and purchased a vintage sunburst strat. Had no clue who he was until a friend pointed him out to me. I was like, "Really? Is that him?". My friend goes, "yeah, that's him. Check out the tatoo on his arm.". I guess that was him. Simple guy. Just like any other white dude I see there, hehe.

Anyways, thought I'd share that life altering experience, hehe :lol:  Ok, back to your regular program. :wink:

Offline nicosci

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2006, 04:14:15 PM »
Yah, most of the time people remember him as the boyish-looking pop singer... He's changed now. Hes got longhair, tatoos and broader arms. I think hes really half of the boy but twice the man...

Kainggit.. u saw my idol just like that?

Offline nicosci

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2006, 04:17:18 PM »
Quote from: lykenhowl
Alin jan ang meron ka na?

Ahm, I only have the 505II, Multi-Chorus and the cables. I got other stuff. What can I say? Life is uncertain. Things will go not as planned but they could still be right. And if the stars won't shine tonight. I'd look in her face thats seems so bright.

Offline nicosci

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2006, 04:26:17 PM »

Oh really? thanks

I think I just really love the sound of the eighties.

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2006, 04:49:36 PM »

+1 here.. or if there is one, tubescreamer lang hehe.

tapos dami pa ko tanong, sensya na pakialamero ako haha:

why opt for a reverb instead of a delay pedal?
do you really need a rotosphere? the 505 can give out a decent leslie/tremolo sim.
what will be the purpose of the 505II in the chain?
oh lastly, what happened to your avatar?

Offline extreme16199

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2006, 04:52:35 PM »

Oh really? thanks

i'm confused.  how does loving the sound of the 80's have anything to do with having excellent taste in gear?  care to elaborate?

Offline nicosci

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2006, 05:00:36 PM »
Quote from: extreme16199

Oh really? thanks

i'm confused.  how does loving the sound of the 80's have anything to do with having excellent taste in gear?  care to elaborate?

Lets face it, the '80s was the booming point of musicians and recordings. Dont you just love the echoing drums with the cool keyboard sounds and the deep blue chorus sounds of the guitars. Dont you find the music very fantastic?

Look what happened now, do you like most of our OPM songs with the acoustic guitar spinnin' around with G-C- Am -D chords? Those trying hard vocals with trash and none sense lyrics? or the muddy distorted tones of some rockstar wannabes? Heheh SOME of them lang.

Offline nicosci

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2006, 05:07:21 PM »
Quote from: sonnyrayvaughn

+1 here.. or if there is one, tubescreamer lang hehe.

tapos dami pa ko tanong, sensya na pakialamero ako haha:

why opt for a reverb instead of a delay pedal?
do you really need a rotosphere? the 505 can give out a decent leslie/tremolo sim.
what will be the purpose of the 505II in the chain?
oh lastly, what happened to your avatar?

> I love the reverb sound of reverbs... Theres a big differnce when using delays... unless your delay pedal is very versatile. In that case you get two purposes in one pedal.

>505II doesn't have a rotary effect. The chorus effects are preset. Its the same thing you might ask; "Why use a tubescreamer pedal if you have an overdrive in the zoom 505II?"

> zoom 505II is like having a ton of pedals in ur board. I really like to use it when playing Stach or Vai - like songs. It is very versatile

> lastly, forget my avatar, We just love our Gods' image remindin' us every time of whatever only yourself undertands.

Offline extreme16199

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2006, 05:09:18 PM »
by the time you have a setup like that, you probably would've replaced the zoom and digitech with something else.  that said, let me give you a few of my thoughts about your setup:
1.  you don't need the digital reverb.  the vibro king already has a (highly regarded) 3 knob reverb built in.
2.  the rotosphere's ideal placement is at the end of the signal chain, and because the vibro king has an effects loop, this is the best place to put the rotosphere.  users tend to feel that the rotosphere is a tad noisy, and the consensus is that putting it in the effects loop can help minimize the noise level.
3.  depending on how anal you are with the sound, you might not even need the rotosphere.  the vibro king has a built in trem which can simulate (albeit partially) a sonic movement that the rotosphere (or a leslie cab) does.

cheers.

Offline nicosci

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2006, 05:17:48 PM »
Oh, first of all I shouldn't have put there the VIBRO KING amp... Sorry, i just know that many artists choose it. I'm a sucker at amps. Actually I only use a Samick ss10. I didn't know anything about it.

I still need everything there because I have an unusual habit of leaving my amp at home when doin' gigs

:lol:

I didn't attach the Rotosphere anywhere in that diadram. Sorry, The rotosphere is optional. I dont know where to place it yet. For that, I thank you for your ideas.

Offline nicosci

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2006, 05:21:02 PM »
Quote from: extreme16199

Oh really? thanks

Lets face it, the '80s was the booming point of musicians and recordings. Dont you just love the echoing drums with the cool keyboard sounds and the deep blue chorus sounds of the guitars. Dont you find the music very fantastic?

Look what happened now, do you like most of our OPM songs with the acoustic guitar spinnin' around with G-C- Am -D chords? Those trying hard vocals with trash and none sense lyrics? or the muddy distorted tones of some rockstar wannabes? Heheh SOME of them lang.

Oh I dont think I nailed your question.

With all that, liking what is really good is having a good taste.

At least I think so....