hulika

Author Topic: DREAM THEATER TRAIN OF THOUGHT (LIVE AT BUDOKAN)CONCERT DVD  (Read 2463 times)

Offline satch

DREAM THEATER TRAIN OF THOUGHT (LIVE AT BUDOKAN)CONCERT DVD
« on: December 01, 2004, 09:49:29 AM »
have u guys seen this dvd concert???!!! damn they're great!!!
i think this is the best concert ever by dream theater....
the concert was held at japan....playing their train of thought album plus some in metropolis pt2, six degrees of inner turbulence, falling into infinity, and pull me under on images and words album...

there is this track, ung instrumedly....sobrang astig...songs from past to present albums of dream theater...me erotomania+metropolis pt1+ytse jam+metropolis pt2+iba pa....me liquid tension pa acid rain...grabe!!!
john petrucci grabe sa speed!!!! haven't seen those kind of live shreds lately...puro ingay kase at growl...leche!!!
anyways...grab a copy or borrow one if you're lucky enough to have a friend who has one....enjoy!!!!! =)[/b]
Rock Guitarist wannabe
Fractal Audio FM3 unboxing: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCipScoYG7bqyzWSUO4DxfjA/

Offline Super BisDak

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 05:27:29 PM »
^you're right!

They're a very talented group of musicians making their own style of music by forging together rock, prog rock, metal and about a million other genres into one very distinct sound. Dream Theater are true musicians and sound as flawless on stage as in their studio albums, this DVD is no exception.

This 2 DVD set comes with one disk with the full live concert with lyric subtitles and the other is a collection of special features including documetarys and a multi angle version of a medly played in the concert on Disk 1. The set list of the concert is a fair pick from their previous albums and of course a fair few from their latest release:

01. As I Am
02. This Dying Soul
03. Beyond This Life
04. Hollow Years
05. War Inside My Head
06. The Test That Stumped Them All
07. Endless Sacrifice
08. Instrumedley
09. Trail Of Tears
10. New Millenium
11. Keyboard Solo
12. Only A Matter Of Time
13. Goodnight Kiss
14. Solitary Shell
15. Stream Of Consciosness
16. Disappear
17. Pull Me Under
18. In The Name Of God

The production of this show is great. The picture quality is great and the lighting used in the show was great. The best part about the production was that the camera mainly focused on the instrument being played at that time, so we can be blown away with John and Jordan's solos! The whole gig seemed a lot more real as we got views of the crowd and the stage from far away, and also there were no split screens/visual effects infront of the band to distract you.

Overall, this DVD is much better than their last release in the way it makes you feel like part of the crowd, and less of a distant viewer at home. The selection of songs may have been a little better with a couple more tracks from earlier albums and Scenes From A Memory, but was still a really good choice. If this DVD were lost/stolen I would have to go out and get it again ASAP.

Rating: 5/5
dealt: faceless,fraudulentzodiac,verve,egbdf,Saturn/Return,bdc3,dk_ouano,gemboy,studiowan,Slingky,PLESIM,asti21,sidlead66,CIERRAE,ungas123,lippy,cocojam,jolam1431,putchazta_46,dannygatton,lynshumalmsteen,GslashG,atomo,uchihadarwin,mzik_man,Diamond_Don&etc

Offline Boy Sets Fire

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 09:14:22 PM »
Dream Theater - Brilliant.

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 12:51:22 PM »
How does this compare to the Metropolis 2000 DVD (Live in NYC) - that's also two DVDs (special features crammed into the second DVD).

Offline fretburner

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2005, 11:56:42 PM »
^^ i'd put metropolis pt.2 live scenes in ney york over live in budokan because i don't think dream theater can top their playing metropolis pt. 2 non-stop... the whole album is essentially just one song...they just sort of divided it into 6 scenes...
"We all come in from the cold
We come down from the wire
'Nd everybody warms themselves to a different fire..."