hulika

Author Topic: V-Picks Users Thread  (Read 17340 times)

Offline .Geno.

• Forum Fanatic
Re: V-Picks Users Thread
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2010, 09:12:05 AM »
seriously may difference talaga sa tone, try it unplugged.

Tumpak! :wink:

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2010, 10:24:22 AM »
^Bri: seriously may difference talaga sa tone, try it unplugged. I did brought some of my vpicks last gas day, pinakita ko kay jammingpapu, cky and seph/daturd. the problem is we don't have guitars to test hehe.

Yep! Anong model binili mo? Try ko muna small pointed 2.75 or kahit 1.5 then screamer.

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2010, 12:27:21 PM »
grrr... now you guys have me gassing for one...

thing is, which one?!?!

should I just dive for the standard v-pick, or the rounded one? based on the music i play, and that i've been a longtime jazz III XL and big triangle pick user, i've a feeling that the rounded edge version might be right up my alley so i dont have to switch picks mid tune!
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline ibanezman

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2010, 01:00:02 PM »
matry nga yan lahat hehe

tama si p.rising!very cheap investment!!ramdam agad ang linaw:)

Offline raybrig

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2010, 01:01:31 PM »

thing is, which one?!?!

should I just dive for the standard v-pick, or the rounded one? based on the music i play, and that i've been a longtime jazz III XL and big triangle pick user, i've a feeling that the rounded edge version might be right up my alley so i dont have to switch picks mid tune!

Bossing! try the starter kit/s  :-) i believe you can choose 5 different v picks
zzzzzzz

Offline ibanezman

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2010, 01:02:27 PM »
same gamit tyo bro, may big triangular din ako, pati yung nylon pick na blue ng dunlop hehe, nakakaintriga tuloy haha

thing is, which one?!?!

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2010, 03:06:10 PM »
same gamit tyo bro, may big triangular din ako, pati yung nylon pick na blue ng dunlop hehe, nakakaintriga tuloy haha

yan hinahanap ko, si obetski na bahala s'kin,

meron akong 2pcs sa bahay, ayokong gamitin hangga't wala akong backup :lol:

Offline AnodBiomech

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2010, 03:11:41 PM »
how bout pick scrape/slide , bungi agad ang V-picks? asking lang mga bro :D yun kasi ang ginusto ko sa Dunlop Tortex, hindi sya ma bungi bungi kahit ilang slide pa :D

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2010, 11:49:59 PM »
After trying the small pointed 2.75 mm model at the Freedom Bar gig last night with Akasha, and playing guitar all morning & all afternoon, I must own up: I'm now a V-Pick convert!

The past 15 years, no pick has ever tempted me to even consider switching from the trusty Dunlop (red) Jazz III. No other pick has come close to the Jazz III's tone, responsiveness & articulation... 'til now.

With V-pick in hand, tonal mass/weight is multiplied exponentially. Simple physics: more mass = more weight = increase in both tone & volume. Same principle as that behind Pat Martino's use of super thick pebbles as plectrums. Sumo-class tonal mass/weght.

Responsiveness is out of this world. Playing at speed, it feels like the V-pick has merely to brush the string to get the note(s) to leap out instantly. More flexible picks tend to have a slight micromillisecond's worth of latency between when the pick hits the string & when the note sounds. Not with the V-pick. Response is immediate.

Thanks to both its added girth, mass, weight and its acrylic material and its bevelled edges, the pick slides off the strings as smooth as butter and notes leap out instantly like overcaffeinated Energizer bunnies!

At both the gig last night & during practise today, it was like being on steroids. Quantum leap in facility with the V-Pick in hand. Steroid pick! Incredible piece of gear!

It combines the best features of both the extra hefty picks like the Wegens, Stubbies and Gypsy Jazz style plectrums and the sharp edges and sharply pointed tips of Jazz III-tye picks. Added tonal mass/weight plus instant responsiveness and amazing articulation.

Using the V-pick is like driving an 18 wheeler truck that performs like a Ferrari. Like a heavyweight sumo wrestler with Bruce Lee's speed. Truly amazing pick.

I haven't felt so facile on the instrument in a long time. And the V-pick makes it almost effortless. Extreme shredding -- both furious alternate picking fusillades & and insane bursts of sweep picking become almost criminally easy wih the V-pick.

I'm sold.

It's a potentially life-changing piece of gear.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 12:06:51 AM by aya_yuson »
<3 Love is the absence of fear. Fear none. Love all. <3

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2010, 12:17:12 AM »
After trying the small pointed 2.75 mm model at the Freedom Bar gig last night with Akasha, and playing guitar all morning & all afternoon, I must own up: I'm now a V-Pick convert!

The past 15 years, no pick has ever tempted me to even consider switching from the trusty Dunlop (red) Jazz III. No other pick has come close to the Jazz III's tone, responsiveness & articulation... 'til now.

With V-pick in hand, tonal mass/weight is multiplied exponentially. Simple physics: more mass = more weight = increase in both tone & volume. Same principle as that behind Pat Martino's use of super thick pebbles as plectrums. Sumo-class tonal mass/weght.

Responsiveness is out of this world. Playing at speed, it feels like the V-pick has merely to brush the string to get the note(s) to leap out instantly. More flexible picks tend to have a slight micromillisecond's worth of latency between when the pick hits the string & when the note sounds. Not with the V-pick. Response is immediate.

Thanks to both its added girth, mass, weight and its acrylic material and its bevelled edges, the pick slides off the strings as smooth as butter and notes leap out instantly like overcaffeinated Energizer bunnies!

At both the gig last night & during practise today, it was like being on steroids. Quantum leap in facility with the V-Pick in hand. Steroid pick! Incredible piece of gear!

It combines the best features of both the extra hefty picks like the Wegens, Stubbies and Gypsy Jazz style plectrums and the sharp edges and sharply pointed tips of Jazz III-tye picks. Added tonal mass/weight plus instant responsiveness and amazing articulation.

Using the V-pick is like driving an 18 wheeler truck that performs like a Ferrari. Like a heavyweight sumo wrestler with Bruce Lee's speed. Truly amazing pick.

I haven't felt so facile on the instrument in a long time. And the V-pick makes it almost effortless. Extreme shredding -- both furious alternate picking fusillades & and insane bursts of sweep picking become almost criminally easy wih the V-pick.

I'm sold.

Chris, kuha na ako ng 2.75 small pointed. Meron ka pa ba diyan? Please text me bro!

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2010, 12:56:17 AM »

I'm sold.

another 2.75mm user apir!

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2010, 06:56:05 AM »

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2010, 08:48:25 AM »
Dunlop Jazz III is gud. But por mi, deyr's samting beyter.

Bee-Pick, yu kno?

Now yu kno.

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2010, 09:17:58 AM »
hala, since sir Aya gave a very nice review parang gusto ko na rin kumuha. I really like those night glow small pointed picks, para di mawala kapag nalaglag sa gig or kung san man. :lol:

Offline lenpopz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2010, 09:37:22 AM »
hala, since sir Aya gave a very nice review parang gusto ko na rin kumuha. I really like those night glow small pointed picks, para di mawala kapag nalaglag sa gig or kung san man. :lol:

+1

Na-GAS ako sa review ni sir Aya. So, where can I buy one? :-D
Don't become obsessed with sounding like one particular player and sounding exactly like him.

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2010, 09:39:21 AM »
^ PM Boosted bro

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2010, 09:45:37 AM »
+1

Na-GAS ako sa review ni sir Aya. So, where can I buy one? :-D

PM mo si Boosted. Chris Caldoza ang pangalan niya sa totoong buhay, Boosted dito sa Philmusic. Super bait yan, pogi pa... kaya nagiging rock star ang mga ex.  :-D :-P :-D

:mrgreen:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 10:21:11 AM by aya_yuson »

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2010, 12:17:56 PM »
PM mo si Boosted. Chris Caldoza ang pangalan niya sa totoong buhay, Boosted dito sa Philmusic. Super bait yan, pogi pa... kaya nagiging rock star ang mga ex.  :-D :-P :-D

uber lol!  :lol:

Offline kurtseth

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2010, 01:12:40 PM »
nakaka gas nga indeed

prob is i keep losing picks

i buy about 4-5 picks to reload so to speak

i lose one every two weeks >_<

so if i were to get vpicks i would need to purchase the same amount of picks i guess bwahahahah :)

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2010, 10:41:56 PM »
why isnt there a V-Day? for v-picks?

i've tried every pick i know off from off the shelf, cymbal picks,sic pic, and weird stuff from ebay(coin picks, stone, bone picks, turtle shell,wood picks even one made from coconut) and v-pick 2.75mm can make me not think that there is any other pick that can match it..

but i still have a few dunlop stubbys 3.0mm and jazz IIIs only for backup and the jazz III for getting than soft flexy sound

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2010, 11:00:13 PM »
feature=related

im excited to get my 2.75 small ptd :evil:

Offline Boosted

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2010, 03:33:56 AM »
feature=related

im excited to get my 2.75 small ptd :evil:
they're excited to get in between your fingers too! :D hahah

why isnt there a V-Day? for v-picks?

i've tried every pick i know off from off the shelf, cymbal picks,sic pic, and weird stuff from ebay(coin picks, stone, bone picks, turtle shell,wood picks even one made from coconut) and v-pick 2.75mm can make me not think that there is any other pick that can match it..

but i still have a few dunlop stubbys 3.0mm and jazz IIIs only for backup and the jazz III for getting than soft flexy sound

do try the red bear and blue chip picks. ;)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 03:37:28 AM by Boosted »

Offline Boosted

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2010, 03:36:05 AM »

hahahahaha!!! :)) sir aya talaga oh! :)) see you sunday

Offline daturd

• Veteran Member
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2010, 03:37:37 AM »
@boosted, bro check your inbox

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2010, 03:42:36 AM »
do try the red bear and blue chip picks. ;)

already did try red bear its OP so as  the Wegen picks..v picks takes my monies