hulika

Author Topic: post your RJ guitars......  (Read 33480 times)

Offline LedZep

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: post your RJ guitars......
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2007, 12:08:46 PM »
Hmm, ill dig up a picture.

But its inlaid, so removing it would require filling up the spaces.

I dont mind the RJ brand.

I dont know why everyone thinks its so bad? Like they say panira or pangit ang RJ, but I dont care, I would gladly put my Lester head to head with the better lesters out there, and Id place my money on my Paul.

Why are we such brand-driven? See an RJ logo, we get turned off.

Well, its about time to WAKE UP.

:-D

Im a confessed RJ guitar user, and I wouldnt give up my RJ for anything else.

It's not the guitar bro...it's the guys selling the guitar that the problem...
just my 2 cents....

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2007, 01:20:33 PM »
Eto Bastard wolfgang! neck and pickups are original wolfgang, the body is proudly made by RJ Guitar factory.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline Taoistguitarist

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2007, 01:50:46 PM »
RJ Thinline Tele, got it from Taoistguitarist..

Hello sir...astig yung body nung thinline mo...kamusta yung kahoy na gamit ng RJ jan?

Ash yan. A bit thicker than your orig fender i think. Ganda ng semi-hollow tones nyan. Even the stock pickups we're great sounding kahit ceramic lang. I upgraded it to an original Fender Vintage Bridge pickup. May improvement of course pero hindi masyado naiwan yung Stock bridge pickup.

When i got this the frets were very uneven!! some of them were loose and you can easily remove by hand haha. But the maple neck was straight so a visit to jun castro rectified it's potential neck problems. After i had it set-up, playability was superb. Spent a considerable amount of dough( almost as much as i got bnew) for the mods. But it was definitely worth it. Unfortunately, I was in need of cash and since i wasn't really a semi-hollow kind of guy i decided to let this go and keep my solid body electrics instead.

This was pink when i got it from RJ at their mall of Asia Branch. the best RJ branch if you ask me.

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2007, 02:13:33 PM »
Eto Bastard wolfgang! neck and pickups are original wolfgang, the body is proudly made by RJ Guitar factory.

eto panalo!  :-o
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline acousticky14

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2007, 04:29:22 PM »
here is my RJ Lespaul Standard 1956 Goldtop
9K ko lng sha nabili s MOA and i play metal music and it is solid as GOLD hehe

goldtop to na rj ah.. wow! humahanap din ako nyan dti pero wla ako mkta sa mga rj stores..  :-) :-D

Offline mau_stratman

• Netizen Level
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2007, 06:10:24 PM »
sali din ako, RJ fan ako, I buy the units na kita ang kahoy thru the finish.. solid tone, dehins muffled, mahogany kasi.. mura pa. Syempre, me bad eggs din, so pipili kayo. Pero pag napili nyo good units nila, panalo!

my tele deluxe..

my Ib-copy bass

I have no idea pero I assume that these guitars are 100% pinoy-made (unless anybody knows otherwise) and maganda, IMHO.

Offline earlb

« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2007, 06:13:30 PM »
just got an rj prs from the forum. i upgraded it with v7 and v8 pickups, perfect combination. i will try to post pics soon

Offline Zazza

« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2007, 06:22:45 PM »
WOW! These RJ guitars nowadays are worth the second look! unlike before craftsmanship was sub-par, but when i checked them @ Galleria Yesterday, ang gaganda ng mga LPs nila, even the Teles.

If i have the money in the near future probably an LP or SG from RJ will be my secondary axe  :mrgreen:
The Cranberrie's "dreams" is a rip off of Sampaguita's "Laguna".....

Offline earlb

« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2007, 08:14:53 PM »
WOW! These RJ guitars nowadays are worth the second look! unlike before craftsmanship was sub-par, but when i checked them @ Galleria Yesterday, ang gaganda ng mga LPs nila, even the Teles.

If i have the money in the near future probably an LP or SG from RJ will be my secondary axe  :mrgreen:

you are not alone hehehe

Offline amak

« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2007, 08:44:10 PM »
here is my RJ Lespaul Standard 1956 Goldtop
9K ko lng sha nabili s MOA and i play metal music and it is solid as GOLD hehe

goldtop to na rj ah.. wow! humahanap din ako nyan dti pero wla ako mkta sa mga rj stores..  :-) :-D

hehe isr marame n po  ngyun mostly s mga RJ s SM.. like SM dasma and MOA hehe.. RJ guitars are better than fernando i think! hehe
"The notes are all under your fingers, you just have to know and play them"http://www.myspace.com/dieagram

Offline amak

« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2007, 08:54:28 PM »

RJ is the future of philippine made guitars!! our pride!
"The notes are all under your fingers, you just have to know and play them"http://www.myspace.com/dieagram

Offline your_guy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2007, 11:48:00 PM »
Ganda ng mga RJ!  :-D

Offline calvs

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2007, 08:45:15 PM »
Here's an RJ strat body the previous owner threw in "for free" when I bought other items from him  :-D

I scraped down all the paint (previously red), and am planning to remove thos PUPS and bridge and make a project out of this one. Heck, the previous owner even had a "Fender" decal made for the head  :lol:

I'm thinking of keeping the wooden finish + black pickguard  :-D (of course i'll have to improve it  :-))

esoteric; alternative rock-gazer: http://cerealbus.multiply.com/
FS:http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,216015.0.html

Offline oist

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2007, 07:10:47 PM »

the only picture i have taken so far with minori.. :-D
magkano bili mo dito^

nasa 6+

sale kasi kaya ko nabili... hehe

:-D

nice tone.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2007, 02:03:18 AM »
Here's an RJ strat body the previous owner threw in "for free" when I bought other items from him  :-D

I scraped down all the paint (previously red), and am planning to remove thos PUPS and bridge and make a project out of this one. Heck, the previous owner even had a "Fender" decal made for the head  :lol:

I'm thinking of keeping the wooden finish + black pickguard  :-D (of course i'll have to improve it  :-))

Calvs sure ka bang RJ yan ?

All the features smack of Sta. Mesa circa 80's . Output jack at the bottom rather than on top, and those round slotted saddles, that single spring trem, swimming pool routing.

My first electric guitar was exactly like that. Now that I've had better, that was a horrible guitar. Hardly in tune, unusable trem and a tone akin to scratching a blackboard. :D La pang truss rod.

Not dissing your guitar dude, kaya lang ganyang-ganyan gitara ko nun. At least solid yung body ano ?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 02:13:40 AM by BAMF »
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline calvs

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2007, 09:44:09 AM »
Calvs sure ka bang RJ yan ?

All the features smack of Sta. Mesa circa 80's . Output jack at the bottom rather than on top, and those round slotted saddles, that single spring trem, swimming pool routing.

My first electric guitar was exactly like that. Now that I've had better, that was a horrible guitar. Hardly in tune, unusable trem and a tone akin to scratching a blackboard. :D La pang truss rod.

Not dissing your guitar dude, kaya lang ganyang-ganyan gitara ko nun. At least solid yung body ano ?

no offense taken sir  :-D kahit ako, sinisipa ko lang to e  :lol: joke  :-D
well, that's what the previous owner told me. sabi niya pina set-up niya  :lol: :lol: :lol: OK lang kasi it was free  :-)
yeah, 10 seconds ko lang ata ginamit to then tinambak ko na lang  :-)
you want it sir for sentimental reasons? pwede ko din bigay sa inyo!  :-)
darn, di pa din ako makahanap ng time pa-scalarize yung CS3 ko sir  :-(
hopefully by october mapa-mod ko na. lie-low muna kami sa gigs para makapag-concentrate sa studio recording.
esoteric; alternative rock-gazer: http://cerealbus.multiply.com/
FS:http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,216015.0.html

Offline dayuhanspace

« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2007, 11:58:20 AM »

[/img]

Heres my RJ kasama ako. i bought it at RJ glorietta 3 yrs ago. I was lookin for a les paul pero kulang budget. then nilabas ito nun store clerk galing sa practice room. sabi niya it was used daw by the rock legend Pepe Smith when he used to teach at RJ. ewan ko kung totoo but i like the design at sarap ng feel parang les paul! Now I only use it for practice,baka madumihan he he

Offline earlb

« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2007, 12:23:01 AM »

my newly upgraded rj goldtop

Offline ritch_079

• Veteran Member
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2007, 01:51:51 AM »
sh@% !! ganda talaga ng goldtop.. gsto ko rin ng rj goldtop..

Offline demoboi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2007, 12:59:24 PM »
Sir any opinions sa RJ Ibanez & string copy?
EXN PEDALBOARDS AND CASES http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,76364.0.html09173208410 / YM: exnpedalboards / skype: exn_pedalboards / fb: exnpedalboards / multiply: exnpedalboards

Offline demoboi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2007, 01:02:14 PM »

akin nalng yan sir... pwede? seryoso..  :-D
EXN PEDALBOARDS AND CASES http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,76364.0.html09173208410 / YM: exnpedalboards / skype: exn_pedalboards / fb: exnpedalboards / multiply: exnpedalboards

Offline nealyu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2007, 01:16:55 PM »
ok ba mga strat ng RJ?  :-D

Offline jcsan2s

« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2007, 03:35:54 PM »
sali din ako, RJ fan ako, I buy the units na kita ang kahoy thru the finish.. solid tone, dehins muffled, mahogany kasi.. mura pa. Syempre, me bad eggs din, so pipili kayo. Pero pag napili nyo good units nila, panalo!

my tele deluxe..

my Ib-copy bass

I have no idea pero I assume that these guitars are 100% pinoy-made (unless anybody knows otherwise) and maganda, IMHO.

mag kamukha bass natin :)

all for Jesus!

Offline demoboi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2007, 05:50:45 PM »
any opinions dun sa fiberglass guitar na RJ?

Offline julsam

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2007, 01:13:28 PM »
I see no one here is serious.

Let me be the first. :-D

My RJ Les Paul Custom
Got it for 5K, Ended at 23K

sir, 5k lang yan o 23k?
balak ko po kasi bumili sa rj. mas ok ba dun kaysa sa sta mesa copies?
dream ko po ang LP
4k lang budget ko and im a beginner.
ano po kayang ayos na guitar for me sa rj?
saka pano po pumili ng magandang unit?