hulika

Author Topic: Electronic/Digital Drum Equipment Thread  (Read 232759 times)

Offline mbenipayo

Re: is there a market for electronic drums?
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2007, 09:27:22 PM »

Hi Din,

with the Boom Theory, so when you hit the cymbals, it still produces actual cymbal sound?  so it still gets noisy?  and are they velocety sensitive too, which I expect the drums are.
Digidesign VENUE Profile System/ Digi Venue Mix Rack Console/ McDSP LIVE Pack/ MAC Pro with Pro Tools HD64/ Pro Tools 8/ ATH-M50/ Radial J48

Offline bolshoi

« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2007, 09:29:15 PM »

ok, well, how about something like the roland SPD-20?  I saw saw this being used by Roger taylor during the "wild boys" song in the Duran Duarn concert....(i'm obviously from the 80's)

hhmmm.... duran duran fan pala kayo sir. now i can tell kung ilan taon na kyo.  :-D :-D
ano ba yun gamit ng gene loves jezebel sir?
i'm just a simple person who really loves music.

Offline mbenipayo

« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2007, 10:11:38 PM »
hahaha.

as far as i can remember, gene loves jezebel always uses real acoustic drums.  Its been a long time since i've seen a video.  they are good.  ahhh, momories of mobile days coming back.

Though Duran Duran would not fall under New Wave and a slightly different time frame, they are my favorite among the likes of Spandau, Culture Club, etc...

Good thing most UK/ european songs do not get commercialized too much and eventually ending up being "baduy".  I think this is due to the fact that there were no english songs that becam victims of singing contests on those noon time shows during the 80s...thus preserving their value.   My wife and I always said, the reason why there were never contests for english/UK songa is because the masa crowd can do an english accent....aren't we lucky.
Digidesign VENUE Profile System/ Digi Venue Mix Rack Console/ McDSP LIVE Pack/ MAC Pro with Pro Tools HD64/ Pro Tools 8/ ATH-M50/ Radial J48

Offline mbenipayo

« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2007, 10:15:09 PM »
Bolshoi,

by using the handle Bolshoi, i believe you come from the same era as well.

Offline bolshoi

« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2007, 11:44:21 PM »
Bolshoi,

by using the handle Bolshoi, i believe you come from the same era as well.

hehehe... buking. dewran dewran fan din ako. yeah we're lucky na hindi naging baduy euro music.
kasi mahal ang plaka than time na imported and hindi basta basta makakabili sa mga record store. oorder pa sa greenhills.  :-D pero ngayon kahit sa bangketa makikita mo na mga compilation ng mga hard to find new wave songs dati.
mobile days.... miss ko tuloy yun bose 501, cerwin vega, mkII turntable and numark,weston and phonic mixer ko. hehehehe.  SD and TSI mobile.

btw sir, i've been to your store this morning bibili sana ko ng 8" splash lang pero ended up buying 8" & 10" SH splash. you've got nice sales attendant. na-try ko din yun mga cymbals na plan ko bilin next time. :-)

i forgot his name, sya yun bassist.

more power sa store nyo.
wag na sana kayo magtaas ng price. hehehehehe :-D

Offline mbenipayo

« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2007, 12:13:43 AM »
very seldom would I hear from somone WESTON....that for sure is a dead-givaway of what year you started....MX-900 right? That's where i first learned to mix, the first DJ mixer with split monitoring....now, if you say you used a TAMON...honestly, I'd have to call you "kuya" coz' i've used it around that time but it was a hand-me-down.  We were BURNSCODE...

Thank you for patronizing our store, I hope our staff will continue to serve you well.  the bassist, that would be richard.

the MAPEX drums are just arriving, hope you get to see those too.   I plan to put 3 different series on the floor for everyone's scrutiny.

Cheers!!

Offline bolshoi

« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2007, 01:08:02 AM »
very seldom would I hear from somone WESTON....that for sure is a dead-givaway of what year you started....MX-900 right? That's where i first learned to mix, the first DJ mixer with split monitoring....now, if you say you used a TAMON...honestly, I'd have to call you "kuya" coz' i've used it around that time but it was a hand-me-down.  We were BURNSCODE...

Thank you for patronizing our store, I hope our staff will continue to serve you well.  the bassist, that would be richard.

the MAPEX drums are just arriving, hope you get to see those too.   I plan to put 3 different series on the floor for everyone's scrutiny.

Cheers!!

MX-900? damn i forgot already. binenta ko na kasi dati. one thing i like is the split monitoring but i never used the crossfader. humihina sa gitna.

TAMON. hahahaha. no comment
yun nalang phonic nag buhay saken dito. yun black. meron pa din pala sa raon nung phonic
but silver na color.

may bibili pa kaya ng phonic ko? vintage. :-D

hintay ko yun mapex.
planning to buy the 14"DH rock hats pero may pinakita si richard saken
13"SH. ayos din sa price na 4K+

Offline bolshoi

« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2007, 01:33:45 AM »
btw sir.
ano ba shipment nyo? by air or by sea?
i think i can assist you kung by air.
i can help you in processing and clearing sa custom.

Offline Dindin

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2007, 07:46:04 AM »

ok, well, how about something like the roland SPD-20?  I saw saw this being used by Roger taylor during the "wild boys" song in the Duran Duarn concert....(i'm obviously from the 80's)

Roland is being distributed na by Yupangco... including Yamaha.
Though not on display... V-Drums can be ordered from them...

Offline Dindin

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2007, 07:52:36 AM »

Hi Din,

with the Boom Theory, so when you hit the cymbals, it still produces actual cymbal sound?  so it still gets noisy?  and are they velocety sensitive too, which I expect the drums are.

I'm not really sure about how their cymbal trigger looks like. On the second pic I posted, you can actually see it. Maybe it's that white rod sticking out from the bottom center. There is a cable attached to it. If that's it, you can dampen the cymbal sounds by putting cymbal mutes.

Offline in_the_tent

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2007, 11:15:20 AM »

well, lets say a basic 4 piece kit (Kick pad w/ pedal + 2 Tom pads + snare pad + H-H pad w/ pedal + 2 cymbal pads + the sound module) all in a rack  going for around P35,000

and

a higher model 5 piece kit with a more superior model set of pads (Kick pad w/ pedal + 3 Tom pads + snare pad + H-H pad w/ pedal + 2 cymbal pads + the sound module) all in a rack  going for around P49,000

are these expensive in todays standards?

kung di malayo feel sa acoustic cool na cool to para sa akin. speaking from a church musician point of view. basta me rim shot, pwede ghost notes, napipigilan yung cymbals, pwede mag bell/crash sa ride ok na. very interested. hehe.
"The Lord is my Song.."

Offline Chopstix

« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2007, 01:56:41 PM »

kung di malayo feel sa acoustic cool na cool to para sa akin. speaking from a church musician point of view. basta me rim shot, pwede ghost notes, napipigilan yung cymbals, pwede mag bell/crash sa ride ok na. very interested. hehe.

d sya ganun kalapit pero d rin sya ganun kalayo pagdating sa feel. pero rim shot, ghost notes, choke sa cymbals, bell/crash sa ride, pwedeng pwede mo lahat gawin to.

panoorin mo yung sample video dito

http://www.dtxperience.com/dtxpressIIIsp.php (under video clips), demo ng yamaha dtxpress 3 special.

Offline feed_back

• Veteran Member
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2007, 10:08:44 PM »
hey mga bro advice naman dyan i have an old  roland dt 7  electronic drum kit .... should i sell it or should i still keep it ?
My arms are numb ............ can still hear cymbals ringing in my head ....

Offline jaytheman

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2007, 12:17:11 PM »
If it's boom theory, count me in. i will buy.

heck i'm having a hard time sound proofing the music room i have in my condo.

now :?, i have to spend alot for professional sound proofing. because the building management ordered it :-o.wala ka na magagawa dun. the next course of action is for your eviction even if you own that condo. :cry:

if only boom theory is available here, wala ng problema. plus, with boom theory, that means you can plug every instrument to a mixer, and have everyone use earphones. mas masarap mag jam pag ganun. with the one year i'm living here, di pa ako nakakapractice ng performance level. may drum silencers naman set ko pero iba feel... with boom theory, it would feel like the same as an acoustic set.

i'm sure if boom theory with be available here... there would be a market. :mrgreen:
Gretsch USA Custom 5 PC Satin Ebony Laqcuer 12x8(toms),16x16,16x18(floors),18x20(bass), Gibraltar rack and hardware, Sabian HHX 18',19' crash, AAXplosion 16', AA 20' Studio Ride, 8',10',12' AAX splash, 16 HHX China, Evans heads (resonant and batters)

Offline in_the_tent

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2007, 01:44:21 PM »
hay.. wala pa ba ito? gusto ko ng matest. hehe. kung matypan ko ito maggaganito na lang kami kesa mag acoustic drums..
"The Lord is my Song.."

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2007, 01:48:17 PM »
For those interested with electronic drums, it would be very helpful to attend the Kozo Suganuma electronic drum clinic next week.  Check out related thread --- http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,37652.0.html .

Offline jpmb

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Electronic/Digital Drumming Equipment thread
« Reply #91 on: March 01, 2007, 04:06:45 PM »
this is next week na...call 8999595 for registration guys.. :mrgreen:

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
Have some ddrum triggers and an Alesis DM5... turn on or turn off?
« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2007, 10:10:38 PM »
What music is best used with drum triggers?  I understand the metalheads like them, but what other music would be nice for acoustic drum triggers and a module like the DM5?

Offline intake

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Have some ddrum triggers and an Alesis DM5... turn on or turn off?
« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2007, 11:41:27 AM »
pwede rin sa drum and bass  :-)

tignan mo yung kay Jojo mayer..kaso ang alam ko naka mic pa rin yun..
pero meron siyang tech na naglalagay ng effects sa drums niya habang tumutugtog
Laptop = $600
DSL = $30/month
Locked threads @ AGT sub forums = PRICELESS :D

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Have some ddrum triggers and an Alesis DM5... turn on or turn off?
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2007, 12:26:50 PM »
What music is best used with drum triggers?  I understand the metalheads like them, but what other music would be nice for acoustic drum triggers and a module like the DM5?

Listen to Akira Jimbo.  :-D

Offline mjpartinez

• Philmusicus Addictus
Yamaha Electronic Drums thread
« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2007, 08:56:49 AM »
balak ko kase bumile ... kelgn ko yung portability no to mention yung dame ng sounds at ease of recording... or what ever... drummers... enge naman ng inputs nyo tungkol dito any info will be much appreciated!... :-D

Offline palolo_worm

Re: yamaha dd55 digital na digital drums?
« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2007, 11:32:59 AM »
meron ako nito. ok lang naman siya, kyut. main issue ko lang ay yung pedals niya. kung mabilis mong tatapakan, isang beses lang tutunog. so mahirap gumawa ng doubles etc sa feet. pero kung titignan mo yung sound niya, ang ganda. sobrang dami. ahahaha. i can sell you mine if you want. just pm me.

Offline intake

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2007, 07:11:04 AM »
gagamitin mo sya as a substitute for a drumkit? ok lang kaso para sakin mahirap, yung pedal din mahirap, malaking button siya...pero kung gagamitin mo to incorporate other sounds in your drums ok to..kuya check mo yung alesis sr-16 thread dito, ok din yun = )
Laptop = $600
DSL = $30/month
Locked threads @ AGT sub forums = PRICELESS :D

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #98 on: May 10, 2007, 04:28:49 PM »
is your dd55 for sale bro? meron ba xa built in drum machine so we can use it readily?

Offline mjpartinez

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2007, 11:08:07 PM »
is your dd55 for sale bro? meron ba xa built in drum machine so we can use it readily?

hynde po sken yan picture lng yung ke p worm ata yung for sale :-D