hulika

Author Topic: I think this builder rocks \m/  (Read 2767 times)

Offline Rmansh

• Philmusicus Addictus
I think this builder rocks \m/
« on: January 06, 2014, 11:16:19 AM »
I have been following this guy's work and really admire his resourcefulness. I thought he did a good job, "a dam good first time builder" job. Read all the pages and enjoy.

He built these

this is his shop

and his assistant

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/luthiers-corner/161029-my-1959-replica-build-s.html

somewhere here he uses a DIY fret bender and OLD Growth Philippine Mahogany. how cool is that!
http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/luthiers-corner/274518-burst-replica-petes-next-build.html
looking for badass guitars and amps.....

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: I think this builder rocks \m/
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 11:35:15 AM »
^Uy! New reading material. Will definitely check this out later after work. I love reading build threads.

Thanks for sharing Mon!  :)
“I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to everyone who will take it.., seek knowledge from those wiser than me and try to teach those who wish to learn from me.”

― Duane Allman

Offline Jason

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 11:18:23 AM »
that cat.
Sucessful transactions: haha,Siore,Slowhandpal,ramnem,halo88,Bluemech,mghz33,Yhongers,Martney,Acousticky,OmegaRed,queking,sinonieayako,anton_mtegtr,indiemax,DyuN WhammY,

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 11:38:44 AM »
nice share!
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline Bimbo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 01:42:54 PM »
Nakakaenjoy while looking at the pics. Musician's teleserye! :lol:

Offline captainbackfire

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 01:54:43 AM »
THese guys have good access to the right equips and parts  :mrgreen: Mahirap gumawa ng 100% dead on dito, unless money and time is no object which is especially never the case ere.

Offline free2rock

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 07:53:07 AM »
THese guys have good access to the right equips and parts  :mrgreen: Mahirap gumawa ng 100% dead on dito, unless money and time is no object which is especially never the case ere.

Not really. You can get almost everything here too. Don't limit yourself to whatever Stewmac or LMII has to offer.
LIKE us on FB!
RURU GUITAR STRAPS http://www.facebook.com/RuruGuitarStraps  GILEAD CUSTOM GUITARS http://www.facebook.com/GileadCustomGuitars

Offline electromark

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 10:18:56 AM »
wow,, nice share sir.

Offline lolwat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 11:13:55 AM »
Seeing a lot of these build threads from many websites, I'm compelled even more to try building a guitar myself, although mahirap mag-source ng maayos na kahoy for builds, plus wala akong router :oops:

Offline captainbackfire

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 10:38:37 PM »
Not really. You can get almost everything here too. Don't limit yourself to whatever Stewmac or LMII has to offer.

Well for example; most US households have a garage with grown men's power tools by default ..and a complete array of everything for one, you know cause they live like that, its more of DIY than here where Mang Lito does most of the household work and carpentry. Here you have to go out of your way to find the proper stuff if there's any at all. I'm not saying you cannot. I just said they have better or as I put it "good" access to resources like next door's old John will build a strat cause he got bored in the garage and found extra lumber in his lawn  :money: Btw the last ^ post is case-in-point actually. Peace !  :-D
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 10:44:17 PM by captainbackfire »

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 11:58:03 AM »
Well for example; most US households have a garage with grown men's power tools by default ..and a complete array of everything for one, you know cause they live like that, its more of DIY than here where Mang Lito does most of the household work and carpentry. Here you have to go out of your way to find the proper stuff if there's any at all. I'm not saying you cannot. I just said they have better or as I put it "good" access to resources like next door's old John will build a strat cause he got bored in the garage and found extra lumber in his lawn  :money: Btw the last ^ post is case-in-point actually. Peace !  :-D

i wouldnt say most.

the only time i've seen tools like that is, if you like to do the work yourself/hobby or that is your job and these would be middle to lower class whites and or hispanics.  its very expensive to pay someone to do the job. the most i've seen from people that do 100K$+ is a cordless screwdriver and hammer.

Offline free2rock

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 10:59:41 PM »
I suppose what I meant in my post was "If there's a will, there's a way"

If you're serious enough with a hobby, you're gonna find a way to get what you think you'll need. Tingnan mo lang yung "post your gear pic" thread. :lol:

Would you believe I don't have a proper workbench and shelf space?
LIKE us on FB!
RURU GUITAR STRAPS http://www.facebook.com/RuruGuitarStraps  GILEAD CUSTOM GUITARS http://www.facebook.com/GileadCustomGuitars

Offline analog.matt

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2014, 05:59:07 AM »

kasi mahal ang skilled labor. lalong lalo na pag considered artist or expert craftsman.

dito sa amin may nagpatrim ng ilang puno (7 i think) at nagpa clean ng backyard and garden 3000 dollars na inabot.

Pumunta ako sa isang Luthier, Full refret for a gibson les paul was $1500. sabi ko sa kanya, thank you na lang, at that rate, i'll just keep my LP, buy a guitar of that price, when it wears out i'll buy another one again. maybe i'll buy an epiphone or something and sell them later in another country and get some of my money back. (yes nang asar ako).

so the point here is, buying tools can be cheaper, specially if you wait for the right time. sometimes companies in progressive countries slash their prices 50-70 percent off on some occassions. you just have to wait. minsan kahit old model, same lang naman ang function or same lang ang loob, kaha lang nagiba. problem lang sa DIY is your own skill level. if you're really good, you can do a lot.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 06:01:28 AM by analog.matt »

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2014, 06:49:15 AM »
I suppose what I meant in my post was "If there's a will, there's a way"

If you're serious enough with a hobby, you're gonna find a way to get what you think you'll need. Tingnan mo lang yung "post your gear pic" thread. :lol:

Would you believe I don't have a proper workbench and shelf space?

i do believe but your work has been clean :)

kasi mahal ang skilled labor. lalong lalo na pag considered artist or expert craftsman.

dito sa amin may nagpatrim ng ilang puno (7 i think) at nagpa clean ng backyard and garden 3000 dollars na inabot.

Pumunta ako sa isang Luthier, Full refret for a gibson les paul was $1500. sabi ko sa kanya, thank you na lang, at that rate, i'll just keep my LP, buy a guitar of that price, when it wears out i'll buy another one again. maybe i'll buy an epiphone or something and sell them later in another country and get some of my money back. (yes nang asar ako).

so the point here is, buying tools can be cheaper, specially if you wait for the right time. sometimes companies in progressive countries slash their prices 50-70 percent off on some occassions. you just have to wait. minsan kahit old model, same lang naman ang function or same lang ang loob, kaha lang nagiba. problem lang sa DIY is your own skill level. if you're really good, you can do a lot.

1500? seems like @ss r@pe, 500-700 is refret + good plek job in IL and Ohio area

Offline Rmansh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2014, 11:28:06 AM »
i do believe but your work has been clean :)

1500? seems like @ss r@pe, 500-700 is refret + good plek job in IL and Ohio area

Wow refret job in pinas is so much cheaper!
looking for badass guitars and amps.....