hulika

Author Topic: What if Charice Pempengco were to join American Idol?  (Read 1630 times)

Offline aqpa

What if Charice Pempengco were to join American Idol?
« on: May 17, 2008, 02:01:07 PM »

This is a link to the video where our very own Charice Pempengco earned a standing ovation abroad.

Would she make it to the Top10 at least?

We all know the judges of American Idol are really very meticulous in choosing the best contenders for the title... I mean does the ability of Charice satisfy their standards?

For those who do not know her, she joined a talent search in ABS when she was a bit younger and did NOT win. Then here she became popular because of her performance in Korea which became known because of YouTube.

I think she's great and has great potential.  :-D
I listen with my ears, not with my eyes.

Offline bhenard

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: What if Charice Pempengco were to join American Idol?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 12:40:32 AM »
dont know what happen next if ever
Roland,...Korg,...or Yamaha?
Need Digital Pianos/Organs/Keyboards?..0949-8708-620
Yamaha S90es,Kawai KS1 acoustic piano. Yamaha Baby grand.Roland FA06 Synth. Yamaha CVP-307 digital piano.Yamaha KA20 kbord amp.Roland HD-1 v-drums lite

Offline gracev15

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 11:02:28 AM »
Compared to Carol Banawa , a seasoned and soulful singer who lost in AI Audition, I doubt if Charice can make it though. But since her voice is more powerful than Jasmine Trias and Ramiele Malubay..although like Regine Velasquez, her style is also about belting and shouting.., I hope she can pass the audition if it happened that she is qualified by age and citizenship.

I hope she won't be like Frenchie Dy or Mau Marcelo, . when she is older.. even Bituin Escalante fell down after a hit and Dessa migrated to the US for lack of support from Recording Arena and Media Exposure...losing luck and luster due to lack of  multimedia star qualities..to claim fame and fortune, one has to be good in singing, dancing and acting aside from beauty and brains...

Yes they shimmer shining and striking, but in the end...they lose their quality over quantity, so they may rather go abroad to entertain OFWs and foreigner spouses/partners of our fellow kababayans.

I guess thats visible in showbiz, even in Hollywood, Queen Latifah, Jennifer  Hudson &  the Queen-Aretha Franklin suffer physical discrimination during that infamous Tina Turner and Beyonce's duet at Grammy Awards 2008.

But if she is Judy Ann Santos in the making, who knows if she can repeat her history given her outstanding singing capacity compared to candy and candid renditions of  the Drama Princess.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 11:22:32 AM by gracev15 »

Offline spife

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 02:50:49 PM »
Idol hates asians  :evil:

Offline SCREWER

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 05:31:09 AM »
bunch of racists out there...

I don't think she needs to join it..she can be better and unique than those idols..

Stop using Jesus as an excuse for being a narrow-minded, bigoted a-hole.

Offline bhenard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 12:31:35 PM »
bunch of racists out there...

I don't think she needs to join it..she can be better and unique than those idols..

true
Roland,...Korg,...or Yamaha?
Need Digital Pianos/Organs/Keyboards?..0949-8708-620
Yamaha S90es,Kawai KS1 acoustic piano. Yamaha Baby grand.Roland FA06 Synth. Yamaha CVP-307 digital piano.Yamaha KA20 kbord amp.Roland HD-1 v-drums lite