hulika

Author Topic: Thoughts on Jody Jazz tenor mouthpieces  (Read 1327 times)

Offline vincelahorra

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Thoughts on Jody Jazz tenor mouthpieces
« on: April 12, 2010, 10:23:39 AM »
Hi all!

Would like to hear from anyone who owns or has tried Jody Jazz tenor mouthpieces, particularly the HR* (hard rubber), the one presently used by George Garzone.

I'm aware of a JJ Classic tenor mouthpiece that was advertised and bought in this forum a few months ago. To the seller and the buyer, i hope you can share your comments & reviews, they would be much appreciated.

At present i'm using a #7 Otto Link STM (super tone master) and i'm happy with it. But i'd like to switch to a hard rubber mouthpiece.

have a nice day!
Vince
0915 641 2407
Vince Lahorra
Mobile Phone: 0915 641 2407
Email: vincelahorra@gmail.com

Offline ilazher

Re: Thoughts on Jody Jazz tenor mouthpieces
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 04:53:21 PM »
hi vince, i have a jj classic #6 brought over from the states by my brother-in-law but its the colored one (blue). i was squeaking all over the place with my rico royale #2. maybe its my embrochure, but i find that it works well with my fibercell reed. I find the sound too edgy with the baffle so i took it out. i haven't played my tenor much because it's not in good condition. i have to bring it to mang pani when i have the time. meanwhile, i'm spending quality time with my yani, also with a jj mouthpiece.

Offline vincelahorra

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: Thoughts on Jody Jazz tenor mouthpieces
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 02:09:32 AM »
tnx for your reply bro!
Vince Lahorra
Mobile Phone: 0915 641 2407
Email: vincelahorra@gmail.com