hulika

Author Topic: For Saxy People Only. (Saxophone Player's Thread)  (Read 79988 times)

Offline vctor

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: For Saxy People Only. (Saxophone Player's Thread)
« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2010, 12:13:11 AM »
Ok ba intonation ng Selmer Bundy II?

Offline trees

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #126 on: September 02, 2010, 06:41:42 AM »
yup.

Offline randypogi

• Netizen Level
« Reply #127 on: September 16, 2010, 10:02:07 AM »
hi guys!  i'm new to this forum.  i played the sax 7 years.  i played in our praise & worship in church. 
however i stopped for 5 years.  i picked up my sax again last week to play in church.  i had a hard time playing!
you tend to forget the techniques, reading notes, scales (hahahaha!) and riffs.  :-(   need to practice again continuously! 
sana meron banda kahit marching band na pwede maki-practice para masanay uli.  i now live in a condo in taguig so mahirap magpractice from there baka magreklamo mga kabitbahay hehehe!  kung meron kayong alam na pwede ako maki-practice lang just PM me. 

more power!!!!  :-)

Offline Mariel

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #128 on: September 16, 2010, 04:24:58 PM »
Tanong lang po Saxy peeps. Ever heard of the brand Khon USA? Yung letter o ay yung may two dots right above the letter. Balak kasi bumili ng isang relative para sa kaniyang anak. I tried Google pero wala e.

Thanks!

Offline MaxMidletone

« Reply #129 on: September 17, 2010, 01:19:41 AM »
Sir di ba beatbox yung Khon or K-hon?

Offline Mariel

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #130 on: September 17, 2010, 10:05:56 PM »
Sir di ba beatbox yung Khon or K-hon?
Khon USA po siya, hindi K-hon. Weird nga e. I'll ask them take a picture of the logo or the sax itself. Thanks!

Offline MaxMidletone

« Reply #131 on: September 17, 2010, 11:06:27 PM »
Sige sir post mo pic para makita natin

Offline MaxMidletone

« Reply #132 on: September 23, 2010, 04:28:23 PM »
Just a piece of advice from an amateur sax player. Don't delay your plan, start now! There is no hard and fast rule on what sax to start with. although most players pick up alto for a start.
Sir tama ka dito.. I followed your advise... eto, sarap pala mag-sax.. hehe  :-D
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 02:23:38 AM by MaxMidletone »

Offline jbjavelosa

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #133 on: March 12, 2011, 11:24:57 PM »
hi it's been a while since merong ngpost di2..

I have a purple soprano LA sax gusto ko ung tunog nya...

meron po b di2 nkpgtry n ng LA sax? what are ur experiences with ur LA sax?

Offline wacks08

« Reply #134 on: March 13, 2011, 02:30:26 AM »
hi it's been a while since merong ngpost di2..

I have a purple soprano LA sax gusto ko ung tunog nya...

meron po b di2 nkpgtry n ng LA sax? what are ur experiences with ur LA sax?

Great experience sir.. that is what I used in joining a talent show.

Offline MaxMidletone

« Reply #135 on: March 13, 2011, 08:06:24 PM »
Jb kmusta na.. san gawa yan LA sax & how much.. Bb ba yan or C sop?

Offline jbjavelosa

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #136 on: March 13, 2011, 11:26:18 PM »
@wacks08: si sir jeff po b ito? hehe...

Offline jbjavelosa

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #137 on: March 13, 2011, 11:30:12 PM »
@Maxmidletone: Made in US po sir nsa fb ko po ung mga pics add nyo nlng po ako jbjavelosa@yahoo.com

Offline alexssiea27

• Netizen Level
« Reply #138 on: March 27, 2011, 01:47:34 PM »
hi ,,, my name is alex ^_^ im playing the alto sax for a year now, and my sax is only a fernando, but i love the sound of it bec it has a very rich big sound, i dont know if its the effect of the gold plating, but im quite happy with what happened to the sound, i dont know if thats what you think if you tried it, but im quite happy with the sound. When i started playing the sax it turned out that its not hard as it looks like, its very fun and the sound is very relaxing, when i was on my 2nd month of playing it i was heard of my neighbor during my practice session at home, and was asked to play to audition to play ffor a wedding with the band, luckily i was accepted to play, ^_^ so it was cool, im still not that good at that time, bec im just trying to learn some style for adlibs, but it turned out fine and the bride loved it, and i was intorduced to the brides niece's band, and on my 3rd month i started playing in bars in mandaluyong, ^_^ so i was very proud of my skill and the fast result of my practice, even my band members cant believe that i was only a 3month amateur back then, after that i was hired by the mayor of marikina as a member of her personal band (Marithes Carlos Fernando) and unhtil now still enjoying of playing it ^_^ im having troubles now in doing is hitting the altissimo notes accurately especially the G and G#, i squeekwhen i try to hit those notes,, does any have a technique so i can hit altissimo notes at ease and accurately?? ^_^ thnx!!!!!

everything that you think about and visualize will come true!! just always have a happy feeling and sustain that wonderful thought and the Universe itself will be the one to Provide it for you!!! ^_^

Offline vincelahorra

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Vince Lahorra
Mobile Phone: 0915 641 2407
Email: vincelahorra@gmail.com

Offline alexssiea27

• Netizen Level
« Reply #140 on: April 17, 2011, 08:46:55 AM »
 :mrgreen:

hi,, hehe.. bibilihin q pa pala un... hehe.. ^_^ la aq credit card eh... yoko kumuha nun card.. ^_^ hehe,,, matetempt lang aq dun eh.. hehe...

uhm san ka ba nakatira pre?? hehe.. pedeng mahiram q nalang ung book?? hehe,, or papa xerox q nalang.. hehe.. or bilihin q nalang sau qng di moh na ginagamit... ^_^

qng pede lang aman...

hehe...

everything that you think about and visualize will come true!! just always have a happy feeling and sustain that wonderful thought and the Universe itself will be the one to Provide it for you!!! ^_^

Offline vincelahorra

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #141 on: April 17, 2011, 10:12:09 AM »
Hi Alex, my copy of that book was borrowed and hasn't been returned. can't even remember who borrowed it. anyways, try to post a message in this forum requesting for anyone kind enough to lend you his/her copy. Good luck! Vince
Vince Lahorra
Mobile Phone: 0915 641 2407
Email: vincelahorra@gmail.com

Offline alexssiea27

• Netizen Level
« Reply #142 on: April 17, 2011, 10:55:04 AM »
ok... thnx !!! ^_^
 :mrgreen:

so nabasa nyo ba un?? hehe... guys cnu my book tulad nung sinasabi nya?? peram aman oh... papa xerox q lang.. or bilihin q nalang senyo qng d nyo na ginagamit... ^_^

hehe

Offline wacks08

« Reply #143 on: April 17, 2011, 11:35:05 AM »
Ask ko lang mga guys, meron ba po sa inyong nakabili ng sax sa raon na tumagal ng kahit 3 years na frequently use?? para kasi sa akin gitara lang po at drums ang talagang magandang ikinicater na instrument ng raon, I just don't know why are some people who would recommend Raon a place to buy horn instruments. Dati po siguro naamaze nila ako dati mura. pero at some point I got enlightened by my mentors and professor. Oo maaring mura at ito lang ang kaya ng budget, pero come to think of it,bakit ka naman bibili ng isang mamahaling bagay na sandali mo lang naman magagamit??na lagi kayong magkikita nila mang panny ng maynila at mang boy ng bulacan (mga instrument technician) dahil magpapaayos kayo ng instrumento nyo. Lagi naman pong pinopost dito sa mga forums ng mga professional sax players or even horn players na malimit ang magandang instrumento sa raon. Pero there are some who still recommend the place.. Budget is one of the most important factor to consider sa pagbili ng sax... pero naman..Intonation should also be consider kasi bat ka naman bibili ng instrumento kung gagawa ka lang ng sarili mong tunog.. Lalabas na magkakaroon ka ng sariling mundo.. 

Offline colicabshy20

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #144 on: April 17, 2011, 10:48:13 PM »
TENOR SAXOPHONE PLAYERS!!.  Binebenta ko po ang akong Fernando Tenor Saxophone for 9K..Mint Condition, hindi masyadong nagamit..Text po kau sa 09166499596

Offline alexssiea27

• Netizen Level
« Reply #145 on: April 18, 2011, 09:21:25 AM »
vince,, i manage to get PDF filie of the book that you mentioned but their part that i cant understand, from page 12, their are notes, i can read the notes, but with the fingerings?? do i need to do for the fingering is only the low Bb?? thats the  part that i dont get about the fingerings,,??

Offline justify

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #146 on: April 29, 2011, 09:53:09 AM »
educate me po mga master... planning to buy an alto saxophone if i read it right the things i should consider are

body
mouthpiece
reed

hmmm madalas kong mabasa yung conn24m body at yamaha 4c na mouthpiece... trip ko sana yung mga jazz type na sounds more than 10 years into guitar and i've learned other musical instruments na rin po such as keyboard, base, drums and i like the solemnity of the jazz music kaya parang trip ko yung alto sax... any one who can suggest a good starter set?

Offline trees

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #147 on: April 29, 2011, 08:21:08 PM »
bro, hingin mo yung payo ni Wacks... may alto din sya

Offline shockwel

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #148 on: January 25, 2013, 03:25:19 PM »
buhayin ko lang tong thread. newbie sax addict here.

nabasa ko kasi dito yung Solfeo. may nadownload ako kaso Spanish naman. ganun ba talaga yun? o may English version?

Offline marcysax

« Reply #149 on: January 28, 2013, 11:13:56 PM »
tahimik na dto halos lahat sa sax society phil na sa FB ah