hulika

Author Topic: Rendering Midi To Audio  (Read 936 times)

Offline overdrive/distortion

Rendering Midi To Audio
« on: March 13, 2012, 01:03:00 PM »
I want to render GM midi files using soft synths for backing tracks. ok na po ba yon for playback pagka render ng audio or need pa ng mastering compression, EQ etc.,? and ask ko lang if ano ok pag mag render ng audio. track by track(bounce to tracks) or as a whole(export to audio)? im using cakewalk sonar. slamat po.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 01:04:07 PM by overdrive/distortion »

Offline 3650guy

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Rendering Midi To Audio
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 01:25:33 PM »
rendering GM midi files requires a GM soft synth for compatibility. cakewalk sonar has a GM soft synth called "Cakewalk TTS-1".  This is actually an updated roland soundcanvas sound set.  you load the GM file and then insert the softsynth and start midi playback. and this is where you start setting part levels, chorus and reverb amount etc. when satisfied with the playback then export as a wavefile. or you can add vst plugins if not satisfied.

results will vary depending on the quality of the midifile and also the instruments you use. there are more possibilities in a GM/GS/XG  sound module with insert effects. all in all it will depend on how good you want the backing tracks to be.
"And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun" DSOTM

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 01:35:11 PM »
I often render tracks individually so I can eq and compress as needed. With drums, for ex., I render kick and snare separately, followed by hats, toms, and cymbals on separate tracks emulating the process how an actual recording is made. All other instruments are similarly rendered to separate tracks to help with the mixing process.

Tedious, I know, but it does give you more flexibility during mixing, plus I use better reverbs and chorus fx that are not part of the TTS fx chain.

Not only with TTS, but all other softsynths and outboard modules get the same treatment, aside from real audio tracks. To those who remember the mix I did of Toto's I Won't Hold You Back, which was all virtual save for the lead guitar solo, you'll know what I mean.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline skin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 02:18:39 PM »
Kung gusto pagandahin, use compression, eq, and kung mas maganda pa, by individual instruments pa.

Pero kung wala kang oras at tinatamad, isang render na lang.  Hehe.

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 02:34:03 PM »
Pero kung wala kang oras at tinatamad, isang render na lang.  Hehe.

Tama! lalo pa pag malapit na deadline! lol

Example of my Toto sequence; rendered audio tracks are at bottom:

Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline DOA_fitz

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 11:57:27 PM »
isolo mo ung track na gusto mo i-bounce to track, then highlight the track together with its audio folder (cakewalkTTS-1) then, edit - bounce to track.. hope this helps  ^-^
:lol: