hulika

Author Topic: Acoustic Rig/Pedalboards, anyone?  (Read 669 times)

Offline af_villaruel

• Forum Fanatic
Acoustic Rig/Pedalboards, anyone?
« on: June 14, 2017, 03:59:15 PM »
I've searched the forums for this topic, but the closest I got was the "True Acoustic Tone" thread, which predominantly talked about acoustic guitars. I'm starting this thread specifically for acoustic pedalboards and rigs. :)

Sometime in March 2017, I was sent by my organization to Singapore for a seminar. I met one of the musicians there at his gig, who was playing an acoustic gig but had a big pedalboard for his acoustic setup. I was amazed with his sound and that was the first time I saw someone playing an acoustic gig with pedals (except for maybe a looper pedal). I saw that he had a Tonebone Preamp/DI, some TC Electronic vocal effects, a rare Boss OC-20g (which inspired me to get a Boss OC-3). That inspired me to build my own acoustic rig. After all, I'm predominantly an acoustic player now.

Present Setup:
So right now, I have a Digitech Vocalist Live 3 and a Boss OC-3. What I do is I feed my acoustic guitar signal into the Boss, which is on "Poly" mode with the Range set at about 10-11:00 so that I have an accompanying bass sound. Then the signal is fed into the Digitech Vocalist Live 3. My mic is also fed into the Digitech for preamp, compression, harmonization (nice feature, totally programmable), EQ (high and low boost/cut), vocal delay and reverb. Then the Digitech has an XLR out which goes into the DI box/mixing board of the venue I'm playing in.

Future Plans:
I'm thinking about getting a reverb, a looper (preferably a Boss RC-30), and maybe a delay. I'm also thinking about getting a Boss LS-2 (Line Selector) so that I could split my guitar and bass signals and then mix them back into mono (A+B mix) before going out to the DI Box. This is to isolate the bass sound coming from the OC-3 so that the bass sound remains dry and doesn't get affected by the other effects.

I would love to hear your thoughts and inputs, and maybe pictures of your acoustic rigs/pedalboards!  :-D

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Acoustic Rig/Pedalboards, anyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 08:46:35 PM »
I'm actually considering setting up an acoustic patch set on my HD500x
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline af_villaruel

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Acoustic Rig/Pedalboards, anyone?
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 01:54:57 PM »
I'm actually considering setting up an acoustic patch set on my HD500x

Modulation effects lang? Siguro wala namang coloration if everything else is bypassed, no?