hulika

Author Topic: Gladstone Technique...help on this please  (Read 2862 times)

Offline vdonati_fan

• Forum Fanatic
Gladstone Technique...help on this please
« on: October 23, 2007, 12:59:13 AM »
i've heard of the Moeller technique but what is this Gladstone technique?

i tried to look for it in youtube.com but it just shows the actual technique but doesn't explain or break it down clearly...

i'm sure that this technique is very useful to us so i hope that drummers here could elaborate this for those who want to learn it...

thanks!
"Praise Him with drums and dancing...Praise Him with cymbals. Praise Him with loud cymbals."- Psalms 150:4-5

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
Re: Gladstone Technique...help on this please
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 11:40:51 AM »
Watch Jojo Mayer's instructional DVD.  He explained and demonstrated clearly the Gladstone technique.

Offline Chopstix

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 11:45:44 AM »
ei drumster, have you seen the video? i'm actually thinking of getting this but would like to hear some feedback before buying it.

secret weapons of the modern drummer right?

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 11:48:25 AM »
^ Yup, I've seen it.  It's one of the best and most detailed instructional videos I've ever seen.  I'm currently following it, step by step.  I recently blogged about Jojo Mayer and his video... http://anthonydio.multiply.com/journal/item/124/Mid-January_08_Thoughts_Getting_Active_Physical_Factors_in_Drumming_and_The_Drumkit_Update .

Offline nikogulo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 09:26:02 PM »
how did get the video? how much? :-D

i have steve smiths and gregg bissonettes instructional vids too..

Offline hindi_ako_si_sid

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 10:03:16 PM »
isang malupit na paghahanap sa mundo ng mga torrent files (im not promoting piracy here.. just being honest). tinamaan ako ng sobra nung sinabi ni jojo mayer sa video na.. "you bought this right?!" hehe. 1week kong inantay matapos ang download. ahay.

anyway, bout the video.. sobrang precise and concise ng methods. very helpful talaga.

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 04:34:55 AM »
ei drumster, have you seen the video? i'm actually thinking of getting this but would like to hear some feedback before buying it.

secret weapons of the modern drummer right?

OT...  Yes I've seen the Jojo Mayer's Secret Weapons For The Modern Drummer DVD.  My mentor lend me his original copy.  I copied it on my computer.  But I plan to get its original DVD.  Sobrang sulit kasi. 

Thanks to that DVD, I now have a greater understanding of the physical factors on grips and hand movements.  I'm going along his lessons step by step.  And Jojo's insights and tips are inspiring and very helpful.  Sobrang laking tulong.  :-)

In relation to the topic...  Again, the Gladstone technique is clearly explained and demonstrated in this DVD.

Offline vdonati_fan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 08:18:47 AM »
OT...  Yes I've seen the Jojo Mayer's Secret Weapons For The Modern Drummer DVD.  My mentor lend me his original copy.  I copied it on my computer.  But I plan to get its original DVD.  Sobrang sulit kasi. 

Thanks to that DVD, I now have a greater understanding of the physical factors on grips and hand movements.  I'm going along his lessons step by step.  And Jojo's insights and tips are inspiring and very helpful.  Sobrang laking tulong.  :-)

In relation to the topic...  Again, the Gladstone technique is clearly explained and demonstrated in this DVD.

sir Dio, may i ask where can you buy this dvd and how much? i'm also interested in investing my time and money. these kind of items are worth investing on in developing a drummer's skill.

tnx!
"Praise Him with drums and dancing...Praise Him with cymbals. Praise Him with loud cymbals."- Psalms 150:4-5

Offline lil.drummerboy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 09:07:26 PM »
meron ako sir :lol:

Offline rhanen28

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 09:17:49 PM »
pm mo ko hehe :D
Be a part of drumnation!
www.drumnation.tk!!

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 10:01:37 PM »
sir Dio, may i ask where can you buy this dvd and how much? i'm also interested in investing my time and money. these kind of items are worth investing on in developing a drummer's skill.

tnx!

I believe we can request/special order the Jojo Mayer DVD at Sound Essentials in SM MOA.  Or better yet, if you have relatives or friends in the US, ask them to buy you a copy.

According to Hudson Music's website, the DVD costs US$39.99.

http://www.hudsonmusic.com/products/mayer_secret-weapons.html

Offline Chopstix

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 01:00:30 AM »
medyo OT... walang jojo mayer kanina pagpunta ko sa yamaha. pero para d masayang punta ko, yung creative coordination muna ni thomas lang binili ko. astig talaga si mang thomas!! eto ko ngayon at mukhang mapupuyat!

Offline deriru

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2008, 03:16:02 PM »
sir magkano po benta sa dvd na yan??
ang hindi marunong lumingon sa pinanggalingan ay mas mabaho pa sa malansang isda

Offline deriru

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2008, 03:32:47 PM »
baka meron po kayo kahit copy lang para mas mura sana?? :-D
ang hindi marunong lumingon sa pinanggalingan ay mas mabaho pa sa malansang isda

Offline otep

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2008, 02:22:10 PM »
sir dio

san yung sound essentials sa MOA?
san ba malapit?

mukang gusto ko nyan ah.. tnx in advance
  :wink:

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2008, 03:37:36 AM »
^ It's at the first floor of the Entertainment Mall, north side.  It's beside a magazine shop, and it's not far away from Aruba, iMax, etc.

I should merge this thread with the Instructional Videos Thread.  Naging usapang DVD na dito...  :-D