hulika

Author Topic: About Jazz...  (Read 7366 times)

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: About Jazz...
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2007, 05:05:06 PM »
Wes didn't read notes. Pati chords, dehin din.

Pero exceptional ang tenga niya.

Alam niya yung tunog. Di lang niya alam yung mga pangalan.

But take note:

A high level of skill can help.

Use all weapons at your disposal.
<3 Love is the absence of fear. Fear none. Love all. <3

william251082

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2007, 12:20:41 AM »
one of the highest forms of music.

para sakin walang jazz compo na pangit pakinggan ..unlike sa ibang genre like pop and Rock na ma pi-pinpoint mo yung mga hindi magagandang pagkaka areglo ng mga kanta.

ako i love the music , as much as i try to inject jazzy licks to my groove i cant say i can play jazz as in PLAY jazz.im a funk bassist and as of now that the closest to jazz i can get.

to me listening is good pero to really learn it you must really go through all the hardships of note reading and all the book reading stuff.

i hope i could meet someone here to be my jazz mentor of sorts.

My jazz na pangit pakinggan, free jazz, but it's an art, expression of freedom and a continous search for depth. To make people realize that there's more to everything than what we're used to. A strive to make this close-minded world open up.

There's no high and low, music is not a competition but an expression of feelings. People who think this way is completely loosing the point of being a true artist...

i agree about the hardships though 8-) 
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 07:05:16 AM by william251082 »

Offline swinger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2007, 04:19:51 AM »
its inside a can of peanuts! :-)

Offline jeff_proX40

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2007, 08:11:44 AM »
Jazz is all about the feel. It's the jazz in you dude. I play slight jazz coz I also play funk, but you always have to influence your self to it to get it. Jazz is a life stylejust like other genres. If jazz fits you then go for it if not then try another. Enjoy your style and that's all that matters. Hehehe God bless
Just let your music fill the empty spaces in you. It's all you have so take advantage of it. It's a gift!

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2007, 12:31:51 AM »
Absorb what is useful. Discard what is useless. Add what is uniquely your own.

c",)
<3 Love is the absence of fear. Fear none. Love all. <3

william251082

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2007, 07:18:45 AM »
To know why jazz is good, you have to realize how great the pioneers and innovators of this music are. Know why parker, davis, coltrane and the likes were unbelievably great. It's not only  because they can play fast or a jazz player in your town told you so. YOU have to figure out why are they so great.

Offline snickersss

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2007, 12:29:09 AM »
kaya love ko ang jazz eh!!! sarap ulit ulitin.. sarap sa tenga,nakakarelax saka dito ka mahahasa talaga.. isa pa bigatin ka pag sinabing "jazzer ka".. ung jazz player talaga.. wow ka!
It's time to free your mind, It's time to cleanse your soul!