hulika

Author Topic: MultiEffects Unit Thread  (Read 135335 times)

Offline aparma

Re: MultiEffects Unit Thread
« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2007, 04:05:09 PM »
hullo. i'm curious about this combo:

any epiphone valve jr. owners who play multis through this amp? particularly a zoom g9 or a boss gt-8? even better if one can compare a similar setup with the atomic amp. probably not a fair comparison, but if you consider price/value for money, how does it fare?

Offline acidtest

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #101 on: September 16, 2007, 05:52:02 AM »
anybody here knows how to calibrate ax1500g's expression pedal? nawala na ung manual ko e.
- Joyo AC tone demo

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=736032  
feature=related  KBP musicfest teaser - 'Nandito lang' - entry number w00511

Offline Lan

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2007, 08:27:04 AM »
have you actually heard the sound clips of gnx3000? if you read some other forums,the gnx3000 is the most outstanding mfx out there that could compare to the actual amps,plus if you order the supercd(plug ins) which is the best thing to do if you own a gnx3000. plus you can combine two amps into one which we call it gnx owners "hybridamps". the cd that i am talking to contains a lot of amps you can imagine, to name the few: most of the marshall amps, diezel amps( tool and metallica's black album), rectified amps like hughes kettner and mesa boogie, the famous engle amp, krank amps( killswitch engage and most of the metalcore band use now adays),peavey amps (joe sat and the famous 5150 of eddie van halen) fender,soldano,VHT(mudvayne) laney and vox. and the most exciting part of it is you can mix and match every one of them to create a SUPERHYBRID AMP!!!!  $0.02

Offline Indie_Boy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2007, 12:20:09 PM »
Hi! I'm currently thinking of getting either a Yamaha DG Stomp or a Line POD XT Live for home recording. What are your takes on these two? Thanks!

the DG Stomp is good for both Live and recording (that's why i'm also craving for one).. Clem Castro of Orange n Lemons used to gig with it before he went on stomps and partnered it with an squier tele.. sobrang warm and ang ganda ng tunog nya. Maybe it's bcoz of the amp na rin. One more thing is malakas daw ang output ng DG Stomp..

Offline Indie_Boy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2007, 12:29:47 PM »
Mga sirs ok din b ang AX100G ng toneworks?

Thanks

ok yun sir.. it has pretty nice dist and clean patches pero mahina ang output. overall, ok pa rin..
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 12:31:18 PM by Indie_Boy »

Offline swordplay

« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2007, 05:54:18 PM »
VOX TONELAB LE

Details: Dame mind 700 (pups: SeymourDuncan sh1,sh4)-->VOX Tonelab LE-->PC
http://www.filefreak.com/pfiles/30279/compressorchorus.mp3
http://www.filefreak.com/pfiles/30279/virtuosotone.mp3

First one is a modification of the compchorus preset and the other one is a rectifier    patch I made with a touch reverb and delay. these are patches I use a lot.
I hope you like them.
First attempt ko recording direct to pc and I'm very pleased with the results.

Pagpasensyahan nyo na at maikli lang. welcome po ang mga tanong.  :-)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 03:28:50 PM by swordplay »
B

Offline swordplay

« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2007, 03:33:58 PM »
Oops, anlakas pala pag sa windows media player lumabas.
pakipatay na lang po yung equalizer nyo. tnx. :-o
B

Offline astennu

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2007, 05:00:52 PM »
My thoughts on Multi-effects.
I have been gigging with a DIGITECH GNX4 for a year na.

PROS:
•Recording via CF card to me is the best feature since usually sa likod ako ng bahay nag eensayo. Hindi ko na kelangan magplug sa computer. Press record lang and then ok ka na. And may Mp3 function so di na rin kelangan ilabas yung cd player at meron na ring Drum Machine.
•Tonewise ok din. Kelangan lang ng maraming tweaks since yung mga presets hindi masyado maganda. O din kung makakabili ng SUPERCD ni Guitar3456 para sa mga magagandang patches kaso ala pa ko pambili. Pwede ring mag WARP ng amp models. Pwede rin magshare ng mga patches sa fellow users through the website digitech.com
•Assignable ang footswitch at exp pedal hanggang 3 effects at once. So pwedeng sabay sabay naka-on sila. So kung may 3 na footswitch at isang exp pedal times 3 sobra sobra daming effects un na pwedeng icontrol. Pwede ka na magcover ng pink floyd song.
•Output options madami pwedeng stereo kasi may L/R na 1/4 input. Pwede rin XLR tsaka Line.
•May Ground Lift tsaka may pre-amp na.

CONS:
•Mahirap mag tweak direct sa unit mas mabuti kung sa PC or MAC. Yung increments kc ng sa gnx4 parang per thousand. Example sa normal stompbox kapag linagay mo sa 6 alam mo na 6 talaga cya wala na mga in betweens like 6.2 pero ung knobs sa GNX4 ay nasa 6000 un. So nakakalito kc pwedeng sa 6345 mo ilagay kc by a thousand kc ung increments. Masyadong precise ung tweaks. Better sa computer kasi mas madali mag tweak.
•May Lag cya kapag papalit ka ng patches sa Preset mode pero kapag nasa stompbox mode walang lag kasi parang stompbox din sya. So stompbox mode talaga ako lagi since pwedeng magassign ng 3 kada footswitch para ka na rin nag patch mode w/out the lag.
•Heavy as hell- ambigat kc diecast ung casing plus malaki rin cya 9"x21". Kaya softcase lang cya nakalagay kaso bumigay na rin ung stitch ng softcase ko dahil sa bigat. I wouldn't dare to have it hard case unless meron akong kotse.
•If your recording with CF card make sure that it's a good one. Ung mga generic na CF in time nagkakaroon ng problema.

Overall sa akin ok na ok sya parang swiss knife madaming uses. Compared sa ibang mfx eto lang ata ang meron external na recorder at pwede ka rin magmix direct sa unit. Sa Tone compared to tonelabSE (the other guitarist in my band owned one before) at Line6 PODXT live (other guitarist current efx unit) may panalo ung PODXT kasi on the fly mabilis gumawa ng magandang tone as for the tonelab medyo mahirap gumawa ng heavy sounding na patches kaya trinade nya sa PODXT at mahirap ung assignable footswitch nya. We're both seven string user kaya important din ung chug chug na tone.

Advise ko lang sa bibili ng mfx try testing muna the unit and if you can't try the brand's forum site. Ang dami dun na info's about the pros and cons. Almost a year din ako nag lurk sa forum nila before ako bumili. Personal preference lang talaga yan ngyon pa na medyo maganda na technology so medyo magkakaparehas lang ang capabilities. Nothing beats the old stompbox in terms of tone but if you want to have a complete rig and recording unit get a mfx. I think it's worth it naman.And lastly always plug your mfx sa return para di ma colorize ang tone.

Ibanez Xiphos 707FX, Ibanez RGR220DX, Fender Stratocaster \"Frankenstrat-EMGed\", Digitech GNX4, MXR Dime Distortion DD11, MXR Doubleshot Distortion, Dunlop Dime Crybaby Custom DB-02, Marshall JTM30-Fender Bullet 15w, Marshall Micro amp

Offline Lan

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #108 on: September 18, 2007, 03:41:21 AM »
all of what astennu had said are all true. kung utility wise e mas maganda talaga ang gnx4 kase it has a built in recorder plus mp3 player which u can jam along if you have backing tracks. kung baga e standalone mfx sya. but tone wise e dyan talo ang gnx4 sa gnx3000 cause the chip that they use inside the beast is different if i'm not wrong e dna2. it's the same from the chip that they use on new rp's model and the new rack mfx series GSP1101. yan lahat sabi sa digitech forums. plus if you buy the supercd series......man i can't explain the experience! mind blowing, i'm not exagerating it, ask anyone who own supercd series e hands down silang lahat. even in the forum e sinsamba yung supercd series. i'm not any way or whatsoever related to the creator of the supercd series,syang if 3000 sana sayo astennu e i can send you some sample patches from the super :-D :-D :-Dcd series. and in regards naman sa amp you will use, e it's better to use a what they call "earcandy amp". like a keyboard amp kase yun walang sound coloring kung baga flat yung eq. mine is a behringer k1800fx which is the best and cheapest one,buy two for stereo sound. if you have the money e buy a reactor yun talaga design for mfx anyway thats my $0.02 for this.

Offline astennu

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #109 on: September 18, 2007, 10:51:33 AM »
Actually the trend today for Modelling FX is not buying an amp but buying a PA system. Madami sa forum na satisfied kapag nakasaksak sa PA, have tried it many times sobrang lapit nung tunog from the tweak presets versus plugging direct to the return input of an amp. Another thing ung iba bumibili ng modelling speaker para sa amp. Un ung may flat eq para di ma-colorize ang tone. The reactor seems ok din kaso di masyado binibili. Ok din kung sa keyboard amp just like LAN said. Tried it once din ganda rin ng tone na lumabas.

About dun sa GNX4 chip vs. ung GNX3000 chip na DNA2. Mas mabilis cya compared to the gnx4 chip but in tones nakakapareha din. The new chips lang madaming sims amp na bago na ala sa gnx4. Pero pwede rin ma-emulate with SUPERCD patches. Tanong ko lang pala bro how much ba bumili nung SUPERCD? inorder mo ba yun sa US. Im planning to buy kahit ung supercd rock patches. Ganda nung mga sample. Right now pinagtatyagaan ko mag tweak at dinodownload ung patches na libre na inupload ni Guitar3456- cya ung maker ng superCD. Maybe you can share the gnx3000 patches to me. Baka pwede i-convert sa GNX4.
Ibanez Xiphos 707FX, Ibanez RGR220DX, Fender Stratocaster \"Frankenstrat-EMGed\", Digitech GNX4, MXR Dime Distortion DD11, MXR Doubleshot Distortion, Dunlop Dime Crybaby Custom DB-02, Marshall JTM30-Fender Bullet 15w, Marshall Micro amp

Offline fade2black0520

• Veteran Member
« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2007, 03:43:23 AM »
which is the best among the three?

1.boss gt8
2.zoom g9.2tt
3.vox tonelab le

?????  :| :?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 03:44:59 AM by fade2black0520 »
Samick 15W practice amp - Marshall MG15R - jazz 3 picks

Offline Impellitteri

« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2007, 06:44:29 AM »
I think these are the ones that should be compared:
1. Boss GT8
2. Zoom G9.2tt
3. Vox Tonelab SE
4. Line 6 PODxt Live
5. Digitech GNX3000
6. Korg AX3000G

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2007, 07:28:34 AM »
Koolpack's MFX shootout

meron pa bang ibang resource para sa mfx besides bossgtcentral and stompbox.net?

Offline fade2black0520

• Veteran Member
« Reply #113 on: September 20, 2007, 11:16:44 AM »

1.boss gt8
2.zoom g9.2tt
3.vox tonelab le

?????  :| :?[/b]

Offline tam_guitar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #114 on: September 20, 2007, 11:30:38 AM »
GT-8

There is no tone. There is only music.

Offline Impellitteri

« Reply #116 on: September 20, 2007, 01:17:09 PM »
Well Marty Friedman used GT8 for recording (after Megadeth) up for you Tam_guitar

Offline fade2black0520

• Veteran Member
« Reply #117 on: September 20, 2007, 01:47:49 PM »
does the tube on the g9 and g7 affect the tone? does this feature "beat" the gt8?

Offline fade2black0520

• Veteran Member
« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2007, 03:28:00 PM »
wheb using the tonelab LE, is there a delay when changing patches?

Offline iandomld

• Veteran Member
« Reply #119 on: September 20, 2007, 11:42:23 PM »
kng may budget ako na 7k? ano isuggest nyong bilhin kong multi effects? :? :?

Offline tam_guitar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #120 on: September 21, 2007, 12:06:41 AM »
wheb using the tonelab LE, is there a delay when changing patches?

yes
There is no tone. There is only music.

Offline fade2black0520

• Veteran Member
« Reply #121 on: September 21, 2007, 12:12:56 AM »
may delay ba ang patch change sa gt8?

Offline tackielarla

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #122 on: September 21, 2007, 12:14:08 AM »

1.boss gt8
2.zoom g9.2tt
3.vox tonelab le

Zoom G9.2TT. Why? Because I'm also getting it. :-D
These aren't the droids you're looking for...

Offline jommel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #123 on: September 21, 2007, 12:38:15 AM »

1.boss gt8
2.zoom g9.2tt
3.vox tonelab le

zoom g9.2tt tlga pnkmganda..
Successful transactions: zxc, oiljazz, ferdranda, punkchad, Fred,strawhatz

Ang pikon ay laging panalo.. Ang nampipikon ay nagugulpi..

Offline swordplay

« Reply #124 on: September 21, 2007, 02:58:23 AM »
yes

I don't think so. if there is, it's too subtle to notice.
B