hulika

Author Topic: Invest in Cymbals or new kit?  (Read 4714 times)

Offline jacobus

Re: Invest in Cymbals or new kit?
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2007, 11:14:14 AM »
i would go with new cymbals /hardware.
FOR GOD, FOR COUNTRY, FOR DeMOLAY

Offline nurstud1218

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: Lets see those kits!
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2012, 06:56:43 PM »
What po magandang unang iupgrade? ung kit(beginner kit) or cymbals(beginner cymbals)?

Offline blindedfox

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2012, 01:29:55 PM »
Hmm. Go for the cymbals. :)

As for me, I have AAXs on a Gibraltar-racked Maya kit.

Offline gss

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2012, 05:23:32 PM »
agree with the cymbals...there are ways to improve the sound of your drum kit like tuning, muffling/tone control, head change, etc., pero sa cymbals what you hear is what you get ika nga, yun na yun...so, the only way to improve the sound is to upgrade them...mas flexible din ang options sa cymbals, pwedeng 1 piece at a time depending on what's available sa market and your budget...sa kit mahirap gawin yun, kailangan sabay-sabay.

Offline brendon88

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2012, 06:59:06 PM »
In my opinion - I'll go for Cymbals you can put decent heads on your kit and some mufflers which can enhance the sound of the kit. For example in my case I have a Yamaha Gigmaker which we all know it's not that good sounding kit but still I was able to make it sound decent. When you set everything up with good heads and mufflers it will deliver good sound. It's just a matter of tuning and mufflers.

Just replace the heads, buy a good snare (MPX if you're in a budget) then your choice of Cymbals (Stagg if you're in a budget). That would do :)

Offline uy12umainer

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2012, 08:11:15 PM »
go for high end cymbals :D

Offline boytambol

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2012, 10:46:10 PM »
Cymbals and snare for me.. kasi mas nagagamit ko sya sa gigs. mas importante para sakin ang tunog ko sa gigs.