hulika

Author Topic: Skateboarding / Longboarding *merged*  (Read 98430 times)

Offline xinxie

Re: Longboards *MERGED*
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2009, 05:33:39 PM »
sir i need help magkano kaya aabutin kung bibili ako ng longboard?

sir please backread this thread...

Offline ayrtonnigelcuesta

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2009, 05:52:47 PM »
may difference ba ang price sa type ng longboard? yung deck lang ah :-D

Offline xinxie

« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2009, 08:14:09 PM »
may difference ba ang price sa type ng longboard? yung deck lang ah :-D

yes

Offline ayrtonnigelcuesta

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2009, 05:34:44 PM »
what kind of deck should i get?
where can i buy decks?

Offline jimny

• Veteran Member
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2009, 07:31:01 PM »
aloha -rockwell,sm megamall
bombproof-galleria
try elegee baka me price na custom deck

Offline jimny

• Veteran Member
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2009, 06:36:44 AM »
went to fort high street(ascend) last nite the elegee decks perform well
road has a slight drop so it got some speed before you take a u turn
quite scary on first try

Offline xinxie

« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2009, 04:18:05 PM »
went to fort high street(ascend) last nite the elegee decks perform well
road has a slight drop so it got some speed before you take a u turn
quite scary on first try

haha! better try the highway in front of the B3 parking lot in highstreet... we also have a spot there were the road is lit werein you could do some freestyling. the best part of it is, there are tons of girls who kept on passing by just to watch you longboard! haha!

Offline jimny

• Veteran Member
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2009, 12:41:37 PM »
we meet last sunday nite some longboarders (from south paranaque or las pinas)using dervish loaded and a couple of diy deck made from guijo wood,

Xinxie can you give your celfon # so we can text you when were goin to fort?

Offline xinxie

« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2009, 12:51:22 AM »
we meet last sunday nite some longboarders (from south paranaque or las pinas)using dervish loaded and a couple of diy deck made from guijo wood,

Xinxie can you give your celfon # so we can text you when were goin to fort?

pm sent sir!:-)

Offline planetmars

longboarding
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2010, 09:28:20 PM »
mga guys..ask ko lang..mahirap ba mag longboard? hehe parang gusto ko kasi matuto..atsaka san ba makakabili ng mura na pang beginner? hehehe

Offline planetmars

Re: longboarding
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2010, 09:43:53 PM »
hello? haha

Offline jhoanna_banana

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Skateboarding / Longboarding *merged*
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2010, 02:35:41 PM »
Dahil marami skaters dito sa Philmusic, let's make this one a real thread for skateboarding.  :-D :-D :-D

If you are a skater (before or even today, newbie or pro or just plain whatever :-D), dito ka.  :wink:

Dito tayo magshare ng experiences, nagawang tricks, your gears or anything related about skateboarding, you can post it here.  8-) :wink:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 10:03:46 PM by jhoanna_banana »

Offline vendorboy

Re: SKATEBOARDING --- Help. Anyone?
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2010, 03:08:03 PM »
hi joanna! i love skateboarding because of the fun that i feel everytime i've perfected a trick,it is a very nice sport or hobby,though there are lots of discrimination especially when you're a skater,that was unevitable, i'm skating just for fun,not for popularity..

Offline jhoanna_banana

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2010, 03:34:38 PM »
hi joanna! i love skateboarding because of the fun that i feel everytime i've perfected a trick,it is a very nice sport or hobby,though there are lots of discrimination especially when you're a skater,that was unevitable, i'm skating just for fun,not for popularity..

matagal ka na ba nagsskate?

Offline vendorboy

« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2010, 08:32:01 PM »

matagal ka na ba nagsskate?

almost a year pa lang,im just 14 years old.. :D goodluck sayo.. :D

Offline rockizta123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2010, 09:04:29 PM »
hi joanna! Im Mark, 17 years old. Nagustuhan ko magskateboard (ulit -I learned how to skate when i was a kid but i stopped after a week.) just a month ago, im learning it again and i really love it! I'm just new to this hobby, im still a beginner. I'd love to learn tricks :) for now im still working on how to land an ollie :lol: and im getting used to steering the board :)

Ibang iba rin kasi yung feeling eh, lalo na pag nasasanay  at natututo lalo ako :)
di kasi ako marunong magbasketball eh, di rin ako nahilig dun. But sometimes feel ko lang manood ng ganung sports.

:-D

Offline franco

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2010, 10:29:49 PM »
hello jhoanna :-) if you're looking for a good place to spot/find skaters, the fort would be a good place to go. i'm into longboarding and i occassionally skate at the fort (high street area) and i usually see a lot of skaters there, both longboard and trickboard.

i like longboarding more because of the speed and the fluid/smooth glide i get that's similar to surfing. since it's not that easy to get the stoke of surfing (biyahe, budget) i get the same stoke from longboarding, matipid pa. i started out january last year (2009). after a few tries i decided to get my own board just to cruise and get the hang of it but it wasn't long til i got hooked-up and addicted. i used to cruise around our village now i'm cruising around town (las pinas) and every place i can skate in (alabang, la vista, sikatuna, makati, tagaytay, etc.). i take my board to work and skate on breaks. when my band went to singapore, i got my wife her own board but i was really the one using it the whole time :-D now i'm a bum and still enjoying the stoke and i never leave home w/o my board. skate for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.. ADDICT! pati midnight snack, skate pa din. tama si vendorboy, once you have perfected a trick the stoke is really uplifting and kilig to the bones.

the best thing about this sport is that if you are a skater, you would never consider this as a sport - it's too fun to be a sport. i also get to meet different people and so far every skater i've met were really fun to hang with and not arrogant bastards. if you really want to know more about skateboarding, you have to try it and if you really want to try it invest on a good set of gear.
if you can't join them, beat them!

Offline franco

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2010, 10:40:36 PM »
madali lang. kung bibili ka ng board, bumili ka rin ng gear kahit helmet lang. kung mgsisimula ka pa lang mgskate at medyo maliit lang budget kumuha ka ng second hand muna. marami sa sulit.com.ph or sa multiply. cheaper yung sector 9. a brand new complete set would cost you around 6k-12k depende sa trip mo. yung unang board ko 4k ko lang nakuha sa tropa, sector 9 goddess. tiga saan ka pala? kung tiga south ka sama ka samin, every wednesday may skate trips kami sa filam las pinas. may extra board ako na pwede mo munang gamit gamitin

Offline planetmars

« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2010, 08:26:34 PM »
madali lang. kung bibili ka ng board, bumili ka rin ng gear kahit helmet lang. kung mgsisimula ka pa lang mgskate at medyo maliit lang budget kumuha ka ng second hand muna. marami sa sulit.com.ph or sa multiply. cheaper yung sector 9. a brand new complete set would cost you around 6k-12k depende sa trip mo. yung unang board ko 4k ko lang nakuha sa tropa, sector 9 goddess. tiga saan ka pala? kung tiga south ka sama ka samin, every wednesday may skate trips kami sa filam las pinas. may extra board ako na pwede mo munang gamit gamitin

magsisimula pa lang po ako magskate hehe pero mas trip ko longboard kaysa skateboard hehe..mahirap ba? hehe and tiga makati ako.. nyek wednesday is not a good day for me kasi may klase ako hehe.. sayang!

Offline jhoanna_banana

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2010, 09:47:48 PM »
wait vendorboy, what do you mean by discrimination? are there any bad sides of this sport? :-D

@rockista123: usually yung mga kilala kong skaters hindi nga masyadong naglalaro ng mga usual sports like basketball, volleyball..etc. napansin ko yung trend na yun.  :-D

hello jhoanna :-) if you're looking for a good place to spot/find skaters, the fort would be a good place to go. i'm into longboarding and i occassionally skate at the fort (high street area) and i usually see a lot of skaters there, both longboard and trickboard.

i like longboarding more because of the speed and the fluid/smooth glide i get that's similar to surfing. since it's not that easy to get the stoke of surfing (biyahe, budget) i get the same stoke from longboarding, matipid pa. i started out january last year (2009). after a few tries i decided to get my own board just to cruise and get the hang of it but it wasn't long til i got hooked-up and addicted. i used to cruise around our village now i'm cruising around town (las pinas) and every place i can skate in (alabang, la vista, sikatuna, makati, tagaytay, etc.). i take my board to work and skate on breaks. when my band went to singapore, i got my wife her own board but i was really the one using it the whole time :-D now i'm a bum and still enjoying the stoke and i never leave home w/o my board. skate for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.. ADDICT! pati midnight snack, skate pa din. tama si vendorboy, once you have perfected a trick the stoke is really uplifting and kilig to the bones.

the best thing about this sport is that if you are a skater, you would never consider this as a sport - it's too fun to be a sport. i also get to meet different people and so far every skater i've met were really fun to hang with and not arrogant bastards. if you really want to know more about skateboarding, you have to try it and if you really want to try it invest on a good set of gear.

wow ayos, you play longboarding din! Wait, how different it is ba from skateboarding regarding tricks, setups, etc?

Thanks pala guys ah. I've learned so much :-)

Offline MikEh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2010, 02:09:35 AM »
napansin ko din yun na hindi sila masyadong active sa ibang sport. pero may kilala ako, nag lalaro parin siya ng football (soccer).

sa longboard vs. skateboard naman, siyempre mas mahaba ang longboard compared sa skateboard, and flat lang siya. pansinin mo diba yung skateboard naka angat yung nose pati yung tail niya? mas malalaki din yung wheels ng longboard para mas smooth yung ride mo. try to search the net for pics of the two, makikita mo.

sa tricks naman, mas common sa skateboard (or trickboard as yung tawag ng ibang longboarders :P) ang ollie tricks. they jump with the board and they flip it or spin it. longboard tricks are almost the same as surfing tricks. it is basically a surfboard for concrete.

Offline franco

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2010, 09:36:11 AM »
actually hindi dahil longboard ay "long" na ang board. there is also the "mini" that's either as long as a skateboard or shorter but considered to be a longboard. the difference between the two (trickboard & longboard) is the ride height (trucks) and wheels. mas mataas at mahaba ang trucks ng longboards at mas malaki ang wheels. longboards are also not just "flat" since most have concaves (for carving) and some have a kicktail and a nose. my friends even make "mini" longboards from trickboards by reshaping the deck. sa tricks, hindi nagkakalayo ang dalawa. if you can ollie on a skateboard (trickboard) you can ollie on a longboard as well as long as it's got a kicktail. most people say that longboards are for old school tricks but actually creating/making new tricks is just endless. it's easier to do tricks on trickboards since it rides low (trucks) and the wheels are small making it easier for the skater to land the tricks. kumbaga e kanya kanyang trip lang yan. i used to skate on a trickboard but it can't get me around town. maliit na bato lang, bail na. sa longboard naman mas madali, the wheels are bigger and softer. kung maliliit na bato lang yan, it will just bounce away from you. minsan kahit lubak (basta di masyado malalim at kasya wheels mo) kaya din. i'm not saying that longboards are much better than trickboards or the other way around... to each, his own. parehas lang naman yan dalawa - papadyak ka, tatalon ka, masstoke ka at pwede ka din mag bail. kung san ka masaya, e di dun ka. it's all about having fun.  :wink:

check out this vid, the guy's name is gerard cancio. he competed in the IGSA downhill longboarding event that was held in australia (i think). madaming magagaling na skater sa pinas and i must say he is one of the best.

here are more vids of the loaded ceviche - a mini longboard with a kicktail. it's just one of the many longboards that has a kicktail.

Offline franco

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2010, 09:46:49 AM »
san ka sa makati? madalas din ako mgskate dyan kasi hinahatid ko misis ko sa ayala. anyway, madali lang naman matutunan. wag ka lang masyadong hot na hot baka maaksidente ka at mawalan ka ng gana mgskate. ramdamin mo muna yung ride then work on your carving. once na okay na ang balance mo, search youtube para sa tips and tricks. para ganado ka din, skate with a friend. enjoy

Offline mavsweep

« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2010, 10:34:53 AM »
Punta kang lawton, alam ko may spot dun... You can talk to them...

Offline planetmars

« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2010, 05:33:35 PM »
san ka sa makati? madalas din ako mgskate dyan kasi hinahatid ko misis ko sa ayala. anyway, madali lang naman matutunan. wag ka lang masyadong hot na hot baka maaksidente ka at mawalan ka ng gana mgskate. ramdamin mo muna yung ride then work on your carving. once na okay na ang balance mo, search youtube para sa tips and tricks. para ganado ka din, skate with a friend. enjoy

sa may pasong tamo ako sir hehe...san ka nagsskate sa ayala?? ang daming sasakyan kasi sa ayala hehe kaya katakot haha