hulika

Author Topic: naghahanap po ako ng magreremaster sa akanta namin na mura lang...  (Read 3607 times)

Offline joolz

• Philmusicus Noobitus

Offline marvinq

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: naghahanap po ako ng magreremaster sa akanta namin na mura lang...
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 03:38:00 AM »
ideally you'd want as much expertise as you can afford on this stage of your production, and that's the reason why mastering is rather pricey. it's not just about processing your audio, and getting them as loud as possible, it's also about being aware of the quirks of the target media, and being aware of the methods by which your audio is going to sound over duplicated CDs, the radio, on the TV, etc.

hope this helps.
============
Marvin Querido
http://www.facebook.com/MVQMusic ============

Offline BALDO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 10:57:11 AM »
Exactly!!   Marvin is right... it will involve time, patience and skills and the use of the right tools to get that "sound" ..  getting the work done cheap will mean cutting corners on all those things needed to produce a nice master.. 8-). pm me i may be able to help.
Music is art in sound...

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 12:42:37 PM »
also, you have to consider the recordng quality of the work.  if the recording quality is good then it is worth mastering.  otherwise, your money might be better spent on RE-recording the songs instead of trying to make a flawed recording sound good (which is rather difficult for a mastering engineer to do). 

Baldo might be able to hep you guys.  ilang beses na nyang minaster mga recording namin dito, and TY lang sa amin because we are friends.  PM mo nalang sya.  im sure he will give it to you at affordable rates or give you a free sample perhaps. he is based in NY so ikaw nalang kumontact sakanya.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 03:19:53 PM by starfugger »
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

Offline BALDO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 03:09:58 PM »
also, you have to consider the recordng quality of the work.  if the recording quality is good then it is worth mastering.  otherwise, your money might be better spent on RE-recording the songs instead of trying to make a flawed recording sound good (which is rather difficult for a mastering engineer to do). 

Baldo might be able to hep you guys ;)
THAT's RIGHT, kahit na mapaganda pa yung sound kung me sintunado o hindi sabay sabay yung bagsak wala pa ding kuwenta.. 8-)
Music is art in sound...

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 08:56:54 PM »
simple question, super complicated answers hehehehe

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 12:04:30 AM »
"naghahanap po ako ng magreremaster sa akanta namin na mura lang..."

Define mura...
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 01:20:53 AM »
"naghahanap po ako ng magreremaster sa akanta namin na mura lang..."

Define mura...

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 02:32:54 AM »

i don't follow. mura =  a midget looking person? :?
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 05:15:54 AM »
i don't follow. mura =  a midget looking person? :?

the midget's name is "Mura" ka partner ni "Mahal" another midget TV pesonality,  kilala mo siguro siya if dito ka sa pinas lumaki

Offline stilljey

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 06:16:55 AM »
"naghahanap po ako ng magreremaster sa akanta namin na mura lang...

sir, he use the word "remaster" , magkano kaya ibinayad nya sa unang master? mura din siguro, thats why....

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 10:15:05 AM »
sir, he use the word "remaster" , magkano kaya ibinayad nya sa unang master? mura din siguro, thats why....

Yup! I wonder if the OP has access to the original recorded tracks. There are only so many ways to polish a mastered turd.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline BALDO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 02:57:41 PM »
simple question, super complicated answers hehehehe
siguro dapat lang para magkaroon ng idea itong author ng thread para ma point natin siya sa right direction.. since the KEYWORD here is REMASTER.. meaning hindi sila happy sa unang MASTER.. mahirap naman siguro kung maka ilang try sila sa PAGREREMASTER... kahit na mura yung mga naunang master eh mas magiging mahal pa yun kung ilang beses gagawin at maige pang nagpamaster sila sa MAHAL pero ONETIME lang at happy sila..di ba? if you think the song is worthwhile, then go ahead and have it remastered.. Go to Angee Rozul but you have to pay the price for his masterful work.  8-)
Music is art in sound...

Offline marvinq

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2007, 12:37:20 PM »
geniune talent is NEVER and WILL NEVER BE cheap...

trust me on this one...
============
Marvin Querido

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2007, 03:13:50 PM »
the midget's name is "Mura" ka partner ni "Mahal" another midget TV pesonality,  kilala mo siguro siya if dito ka sa pinas lumaki

ahhh.....thanks for the tip. i was so out of the loop with that one..lol

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2007, 03:15:09 PM »

trust me on this one...
+1...woooh, how right you are...

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2007, 03:28:20 PM »
ahhh.....thanks for the tip. i was so out of the loop with that one..lol

Yeh, it was an off tangent joke, although I half expected it would come out... not very funny either.

As for the mura definition, I wanted to know what the OP's budget for mastering is. The problem is that you cannot remaster something that has already been mastered (the polishing a turd reference). Either we work with the first mixdown or the stems if possible, never with a mastered track - it's very hard to correct errors after mastering.

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2007, 09:58:17 PM »

trust me on this one...

I think at one point every exceptional talent was cheap. 

I really don't mind if Michael Jordan earned millions from his talent, but he sure did exhibit gobs of talent when he was playing the NCAA North Carolina, FOR FREE.

What I think, GENUINE TALENT IN DEMAND will never be cheap, because of economic reasons (errr.... law of supply and demand and bandwagon mentality).  This is perhaps what makes all the recording schools in the world quite unsuccessful in giving adequate jobs for their graduates, but I cannot discount that a good number of recording school people can deliver the goods, only that they are UNKNOWN.  Not to mention there are a lot of bedroom geniuses waiting to be discovered, and they can never charge as huge as say, Jack Joseph Puig or Brendan O Brien.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 10:00:40 PM by skunkyfunk »

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2007, 12:07:49 AM »
I think at one point every exceptional talent was cheap. 

I really don't mind if Michael Jordan earned millions from his talent, but he sure did exhibit gobs of talent when he was playing the NCAA North Carolina, FOR FREE.

What I think, GENUINE TALENT IN DEMAND will never be cheap, because of economic reasons (errr.... law of supply and demand and bandwagon mentality).  This is perhaps what makes all the recording schools in the world quite unsuccessful in giving adequate jobs for their graduates, but I cannot discount that a good number of recording school people can deliver the goods, only that they are UNKNOWN.  Not to mention there are a lot of bedroom geniuses waiting to be discovered, and they can never charge as huge as say, Jack Joseph Puig or Brendan O Brien.

Puig and Brien can charge as much as they want because they are already in the business of making music and have the clientele to show for it, however, you can be sure that when they started those guys weren't charging a lot and weren't as hot as they are now. Bedroom geniuses aside, you can only command a certain fee if you have a place in the business or if someone is willing to take a chance on you without having an extensive portfolio to show for it. Being able to do something like mix and produce a record is quite different from being able to do music and be business savvy at the same time; many careers are made -and broken- with this simple fact.

Talent can be cheap but if you want to reap the benefits of talent strengthened by experience, satisfied customers and a firm knowledge in an extensive number of recording environments, you gotta cough up the money.

Offline marvinq

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2007, 12:17:13 PM »
those who have accumulated an impressive portfolio both in terms of amount and quality have the benefit of previous successes, so that's also what you're paying for.

michael jordan might have played for free during his younger years, but his talent was never ever cheap, and that track record made him able to command very high prices.

you gotta pay for talent regardless... whether it's in terms of money, or having to do the legwork to look for great talent that's affordable... (also a scarce commodity)... or taking the risk on a talent who 'might' be able to do it... either way, you're paying something, whether monetarily or effort-wise...
============
Marvin Querido

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2007, 01:08:04 PM »
hmmm... so that's why mababa rate ko.  haha.  hope someone comes up with the talent compensator plug-in soon...

:-) :-) :-)
:razz::razz::razz:

Offline marvinq

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2007, 02:08:21 PM »
well, that might be a supply and demand thing. computer music has created an enormous supply of musicians that are willing to do the same job at a lower price... until the time comes when mastering-related decisions are able to be made by computers and/or algorithms, well, mastering is going to be an expensive art...

garage band has created so many less expensive music-creators... ready made loops too.
============
Marvin Querido