hulika

Author Topic: i got drunk while watching HENDRIX at ISLE OF WIGHT  (Read 1912 times)

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
i got drunk while watching HENDRIX at ISLE OF WIGHT
« on: March 27, 2005, 10:31:37 AM »
it was fun watching him and he was awesome most of the time pero obviously he was high and all the years of drug abuse was showing its effects :( .He would forget lyrics at times and he was so SLOPPY :shock: i mean like with all that megawatts of sound he should at least damp the other strings but he didnt care that much and i didnt care that much either for me being drunk :D .As usual his version of machine gun was magnificent galing talaga ng tunog pag vibrato ang gamit nya then he changes the strat to his flying v and launches into LOVER MAN and FREEDOM by the time he is doing RED HOUSE he starts to miss his strat realizing the flying v aint workin with the song you can see his face so disappointed by his playing on this no. during the silent blues parts he would shake his head with disapproval and mouth the words DAMN IT :lol: but he soldiers on and starts connecting with the groove he turns up the volume pot then everything is fine turns it down again when he starts to sing and it would just clean up nicely :shock: picking it with his fingers  by the time he was doing those crazy high pitch bends he would fiddle with the knobs presuming he wanted more volume and he remembers his fuzzface steps on it and problem solved by this time he was just amazing 8) After 2 more songs goes back to the strat and while all his 3 marshall stacks were already squelling he walks over to them and turn them all UP some more and they launch into FOXEY LADY  while playing mumbles something to his roadie then disappears behind his wall of amps while playing doing mega sustained feedback noise in a cool way(we all know what he was doing back there :wink: ) and after some vibrato bar abuse he finishes the song and tells the audience he just woke up 2 minutes ago :lol: Still a great loss and ok na ok yung dvd.
[/img]

[/img]
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: i got drunk while watching HENDRIX at ISLE OF WIGHT
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 03:28:53 PM »
Quote from: pallas
it was fun watching him and he was awesome most of the time pero obviously he was high and all the years of drug abuse was showing its effects :( .He would forget lyrics at times and he was so SLOPPY :shock: i mean like with all that megawatts of sound he should at least damp the other strings but he didnt care that much and i didnt care that much either for me being drunk :D

LOL - great review and it looks you were still drunk when you wrote it! Just be thankful to have a document of Hendrix during his "off" days as well. For the Beatles, there's always "Let It Be..."