hulika

Author Topic: Anyone have the Xotic RC Booster?  (Read 5553 times)

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
Anyone have the Xotic RC Booster?
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2006, 06:46:32 AM »
Quote from: oasgomez
Agree... It also adds zero noise.  I only notice a jump in noise floor on the maxed out gain of the Lead of VHT Ultralead Pitbull.
dude...you have a pedalboard with regulated power supply? ....just wondering if you have any...I am in the market for one...I am looking at the Furman SPB-8....since most of the pro musicians rely on Furman conditioners...and this pedalboard and has a built-in one, I figured it's a nice one to have.
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline oasgomez-is-banned

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2006, 07:23:07 AM »
Boss Phil,

Wala.  I only use one effect at a time.  But since nandiyan ka sa Tate, check out pedal pad kasi at least integrated and power supply nila sa pedal board.  Mga FURMAN kasi parang china na eh...

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2006, 07:25:33 AM »
Boss Phil,

Wala.  I only use one effect at a time.  But since nandiyan ka sa Tate, check out pedal pad kasi at least integrated and power supply nila sa pedal board.  Mga FURMAN kasi parang china na eh...
hmmm...I just googled it....don't know about that power supply they have their...I have a similar one and I don't like it.....wonder if it has a power conditioner and is regulated. thanks anyways.

Offline markflo

« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2006, 10:23:54 AM »
Boss Phil,

aba ikaw ba lait mga intsik.? akyen furman ah! ikaw kung-fu ko. ikaw gawin ko swee' en sau pok....
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2006, 11:18:17 AM »
Quote from: markflo
Boss Phil,

aba ikaw ba lait mga intsik.? akyen furman ah! ikaw kung-fu ko. ikaw gawin ko swee' en sau pok....
bwahhahahahahahahaha.....Mark galing mo mag chinese....mandarin ba yan og amoy? I'm getting my pedal this Monday sa Glendale....bwahahahahaha..I will copy your setup....I am a copy cat....bwahahahaahhah...hihihihihihihi

Offline markflo

« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2006, 11:30:19 AM »
haha...ayos furman dude...very reliable...
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2006, 11:33:29 AM »
haha...ayos furman dude...very reliable...

naka velcro ba yung sayo? if so...san ka bili ? anong brand?

Offline markflo

« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2006, 11:36:11 AM »
boutique yung velcro ko men...gumaganda yung tone...hehehe

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2006, 12:06:24 PM »
boutique yung velcro ko men...gumaganda yung tone...hehehe
patay!!!!

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2006, 12:19:27 PM »
Quote from: Phil

naka velcro ba yung sayo?

Uy! Medyo personal ata ang tanong na yan, Phil :twisted: Akin naka fruit if the looms lang, hehe :lol:

Don ka sa hardware store kumuha ng velcro. Yong ,alapad na industrial strength.

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2006, 01:47:49 PM »
Quote from: stratman1

Uy! Medyo personal ata ang tanong na yan, Phil :twisted: Akin naka fruit if the looms lang, hehe :lol:

you mean like Lowe's or Home Depot?

Offline greggy

« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2006, 08:34:20 PM »
anyway, whats the difference with the RC from the AC and the BB Preamp? :D  I'm kinda interested....but not sure which.. as I understand from the HC reviews, they all feature a boost of signal, right? so what does the gain do in all pedals? is there any gauge with this knob in those 3 different pedal?
the Blues had a baby and they named it Rock n' Roll

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2006, 11:38:53 AM »
Quote from: greggy
anyway, whats the difference with the RC from the AC and the BB Preamp? :D  I'm kinda interested....but not sure which.. as I understand from the HC reviews, they all feature a boost of signal, right? so what does the gain do in all pedals? is there any gauge with this knob in those 3 different pedal?
AC is an overdrive pedal...the RC is a boost with EQ and gain (doesn't really break up that gives you an overdriven tone...but it's awesome to use as a gain boost in the dirty channel)....BB preamp...dunno.

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2006, 11:56:15 AM »
Quote from: stratman1

you mean like Lowe's or Home Depot?

Yes. Nakuha ko yong sakin sa Home Depot. Meron din akong nakita sa OSH.

Offline markflo

« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2006, 12:47:31 PM »
yung BB preamp overdrive pedal din yun na sobrang transparent...to paraphrase scott henderson's words...it's like your original tone...but w/ overdrive...hehe

Offline extreme16199

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2006, 12:50:11 PM »
yung BB preamp overdrive pedal din yun na sobrang transparent...to paraphrase scott henderson's words...it's like your original tone...but w/ overdrive...hehe

i think this is what makes it confusing in comparison to the RC booster.  the AC booster is easy to distinguish because it's an OD pedal.  if someone gets the chance to A/B the RC booster and the BB preamp, do post your findings!

Offline greggy

« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2006, 01:26:58 PM »
i see.. but all those pedals still feature boosting capability right? so does that mean the only difference with the 3 pedals are the gain range?
the Blues had a baby and they named it Rock n' Roll