hulika

Author Topic: Why Nu-Metal Sucks  (Read 10916 times)

Offline rv2underground

Why Nu-Metal Sucks
« on: November 15, 2004, 01:04:58 AM »
Nu-metal is dying off because it truly sucks...it's all about image just like pop of today, some wear masks, makeups and stuff like that. I think it's pathetic. Linkin Park sucks as well because the stuff they put out there is all crap. Rap is crap. We wont hear from these guys 10 yrs from now hopefully less than that. There you go take your anger out here.

Offline Halanah

• Philmusicus Noobitus
why Nu metal sucks??
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 03:33:55 AM »
because they are all sell outs!!!  :-X

Offline rv2underground

Why Nu-Metal Sucks
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 01:22:51 PM »
exactly, they sell out for money and fame...that's what makes them corporate music

Offline year2apocalypse

Why Nu-Metal Sucks
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2004, 08:25:47 PM »
i don't really have anything to say on this but one question, how are nu-metal bands sell-outs when they've always been nu-metal? ._.

Offline rv2underground

Why Nu-Metal Sucks
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2004, 03:22:25 AM »
i guess when this whole "nu-metal" started...everybody was just like into it cuz it's new..it was post-grunge era then bands like korn, manson, rage against the machine came out and the following years a whole bunch of bands have been trying to sound like them cuz they "sell". there are bands out there that really started with the same type of genre, but there's a whole lot more bands that were affected by this fad. major labels wanted their bands to sound nu-metal. i know  a lot of bands that changed their style over the years bcuz of this movement.

Offline rv2underground

NU is dead
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2004, 03:28:37 AM »
it's funny cuz korn who are the forefront of nu-metal aren't doing good with their record sales now. if u look at the list of record sales...the only band that is on the top 10 is linkin park.

we've seen trends come and go...and true metal still lives

Offline cs_mapper

• Philmusicus Addictus
Why Nu-Metal Sucks
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2004, 02:44:06 AM »
classic rock rule!

check out led zeppelin, deep purple, pink floyd, yes, rush, etc etc etc.

Offline rv2underground

Why Nu-Metal Sucks
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2004, 10:29:32 AM »
^ [strawberry] yeah...they can't kill classic rock!

Offline Godin

• Board Moderator
yeah !
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2005, 02:36:38 PM »
Yea! Nu Metal really sucks.. because they only know 3 chords and they just hide behind heavy distortion and detuning.. where's the creativity and proficiency in  being a good musicians.. its just kids stuff!

Rock Rules!

Offline SaintofKillers

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: Why Nu-Metal Sucks
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2005, 11:50:25 AM »
Quote from: rv2underground
Nu-metal is dying off because it truly sucks...it's all about image just like pop of today, some wear masks, makeups and stuff like that. I think it's pathetic. Linkin Park sucks as well because the stuff they put out there is all crap. Rap is crap. We wont hear from these guys 10 yrs from now hopefully less than that. There you go take your anger out here.

A lot of metal bands wear make-up, costumes, and are very image-heavy -- does that mean they suck?

Offline rv2underground

Why Nu-Metal Sucks
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2005, 12:05:07 PM »
I know a lot of bands use to do that...I just think that if u really have the gift of talent u wont need to have a gimmick just to get yourself attention. KISS uses make-up and fireworks when they play live onstage but you could tell that they really posess the skills plus they were one of the firsts. Gwar have costumes but a lot of people really like them. Sorry if i didnt specify much with my previous posts...but again i'm sorry i still think bands like linkin park who mainly focuses mainly on other stuff like turntable rather than the traditional guitars, and drums suck.

Offline SaintofKillers

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Why Nu-Metal Sucks
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2005, 12:47:16 PM »
KISS uses make-up and fireworks when they play live onstage but you could tell that they really posess the skills plus they were one of the firsts.

Kiss is popular because of their image and their catchy songs, not because they're a groundbreaking, technical band.

Gwar have costumes but a lot of people really like them.

What makes you think that people who listen to Linkin Park doesn't like them? Granted, there are some who find Chester and his crew cute, but when it all comes down to it, they're not going to be able to sit through their concert/CD/whatever if they don't really like it.

Sorry if i didnt specify much with my previous posts...but again i'm sorry i still think bands like linkin park who mainly focuses mainly on other stuff like turntable rather than the traditional guitars, and drums suck.

Nobody hates Linkin Park (and most nu-metal bands) more than I do, but you're grasping at straws here. There are a lot of rock bands that go beyond guitars, drums, even tradition, but still kicks ass.

Offline rv2underground

Why Nu-Metal Sucks
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2005, 01:04:13 PM »
hahahha...oh man u crack me up!

People finding the singer of Linkin Park cute must be little high school girls or GAY!      And i never said that all people hate Linkin Park of course some do (obviously your one of them). Why would anybody listen to them if they dont like their music, c'mon i have a little more sense than that. And dont be quoting bands you dont even know or probably haven't even heard of. just stick to slipknot.

Anyway u posted ur opinion i respect that.

(and BTW to those of you who are fans of Slipknot in the Philippines. They canceled their show over there because of sloOow ticket sales, not because of the fear of the terrorists...hell! Alicia Keys and that one American Idol had safe and successful shows)

kimmy

Why Nu-Metal Sucks
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2005, 07:20:51 PM »
yeah they suck. some, if not all, are just, i guess, in it for the money. and it's a sad thing kasi everywhere you go, music is being commercialized na. nawala na yung essence ng pag create ng music. and what sucks din is yung mga riffs and beat/rolling sa drums are very simple and yet mas nabibigyan pa sila ng pansin kaysa sa mga talagang may talent.

also, masyadong emphasized yung image nila. ang oa na minsan. it's as if they don't play as good as they dress. :roll:

Offline jm

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: Why Nu-Metal Sucks
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2005, 01:08:19 PM »

why?why?why???? :roll:

Offline jm

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Why Nu-Metal Sucks
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2005, 01:09:40 PM »
Quote from: cs_mapper
classic rock rule!

ahuh!!! 8)

Offline bassman16

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Why Nu-Metal Sucks
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2005, 12:39:31 PM »
Quote from: SaintofKillers
Nobody hates Linkin Park (and most nu-metal bands) more than I do, but you're grasping at straws here. There are a lot of rock bands that go beyond guitars, drums, even tradition, but still kicks ass.

Very true. Good examples are Children of Bodom (with thier implimentation of keyboards, which is something very rare in a death metal band) and Dream Theater, for thier use of inovative new instruments, like The Stick.

Offline bard

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Why Nu-Metal Sucks
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2005, 05:55:10 AM »
Its all music to me.....classic rock,,death metal,speed metal,prog rock ...nu-metal..ETC..it all boils down to personal taste. Its not about  what one should and should not be listening.What is crap to one may be coOl musik to another.
Knowing you don't know is wholeness.
Thinking you know is a disease.
Only by recognizing that you have an illness  can you move to seek a cure.

Offline narcosis

Why Nu-Metal Sucks
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2005, 12:59:03 PM »
Quote from: bard
Its all music to me.....classic rock,,death metal,speed metal,prog rock ...nu-metal..ETC..it all boils down to personal taste. Its not about  what one should and should not be listening.What is crap to one may be coOl musik to another.

That's right dude.. It's just a matter of preferences.. or what they call DIVERSITY kasi iba iba ang tao.. What matters is simple and plain RESPECT. hehe
Fun Is Fun, Done Is Done

Offline humbucker7th

Why Nu-Metal Sucks
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2005, 05:01:29 AM »
Quote from: jm
Quote from: cs_mapper
classic rock rule!

ahuh!!! 8)

im with cs-mapper..
you rock me,, i rock you,,

Offline idespisehumanity

Why Nu-Metal Sucks
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2005, 03:32:33 PM »
Quote from: bassman16
Quote from: SaintofKillers

Very true. Good examples are Children of Bodom (with thier implimentation of keyboards, which is something very rare in a death metal band)

HOLY F_CK!!! im glad someone in here knows children of bodom! i f_cking love that band.
"Yeah, I play guitar and some bass"- Me
"Really? I love a guy with FAST fingers"- one of my chick friends

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
Why Nu-Metal Sucks
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2005, 10:35:14 AM »
theyre pretty well known sa pinas you know and here in hongkong coz ALEX LAIHO was among those on the cover of guitar world alongside zack and steve.
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline idespisehumanity

Why Nu-Metal Sucks
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2005, 11:32:36 AM »
Quote from: pallas
theyre pretty well known sa pinas you know and here in hongkong coz ALEX LAIHO was among those on the cover of guitar world alongside zack and steve.

oh yeah, guitar world nga pala :)
"Yeah, I play guitar and some bass"- Me
"Really? I love a guy with FAST fingers"- one of my chick friends

Offline zteeg

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Why Nu-Metal Sucks
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2005, 04:38:07 PM »
i think it's unhealthy to generalize. you just have to listen with an open mind
CLASS IS IN SESSION!

Offline fretburner

• Philmusicus Addictus
Why Nu-Metal Sucks
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2005, 05:31:51 PM »
That's right dude.. It's just a matter of preferences.. or what they call DIVERSITY kasi iba iba ang tao.. What matters is simple and plain RESPECT. hehe

>>> people who grab the 6-string and CANNOT TUNE IT DOESN'T DESERVE RESPECT!

they donnot deserve to pick up the instrument! they're a shame to the most expressive instrument that mankind came to know!

most nu metal "guitarists" cannot tune their guitars and doesn't even know that they're out of tune!

i know tuning is getting harder and harder the more your ear develops out of playing the instrument, but that's why there are now chromatic tuners! don't tell me those nu metal "guitarists" cannot buy one tuner or even borrow one!
"We all come in from the cold
We come down from the wire
'Nd everybody warms themselves to a different fire..."