hulika

Author Topic: Boss GT10 users thread  (Read 322462 times)

Offline inkslingerx

Re: New Boss GT10 users thread
« Reply #200 on: January 05, 2009, 09:33:03 PM »
oi eto na naman :-o

sir j3yps musta po yung contents nya compared sa tutorial ni TJ?

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #201 on: January 05, 2009, 10:05:23 PM »
Kwela talaga dito sa local GT forum thread natin no :-D
Ako biglang nagtitinda ng stompbox si J3yps nagtitinda ng DVD mamya baka meron ng nagtitinda ng bracelet, hikaw at iba pa, PANG ROCK ATTIRE YON NO!!

Hey inkslingerx i need you to bring along with your ROCK ATTIRE when you test the FS ha co'z i'm going to take picture of you for my endorsement naman :-D

Rock on!!!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 10:14:36 PM by rogeryu »

Offline inkslingerx

« Reply #202 on: January 05, 2009, 10:16:27 PM »
yun oh may product endorser pa :roll: :-D :-D

Offline champz

« Reply #203 on: January 05, 2009, 10:48:30 PM »
mane.. mane.. mane kayo jan   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
God bless!

Offline j3yps

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #204 on: January 05, 2009, 11:11:12 PM »
sir j3yps musta po yung contents nya compared sa tutorial ni TJ?
Nandin po sa site yung DVD Contents sir...i think kung yung kay TJ tinuturo yung mga tricks eto kasi lahat talaga nang aspect nung GT-10 dadaanan eh...

Kwela talaga dito sa local GT forum thread natin no :-D
Ako biglang nagtitinda ng stompbox si J3yps nagtitinda ng DVD mamya baka meron ng nagtitinda ng bracelet, hikaw at iba pa, PANG ROCK ATTIRE YON NO!!

Iba talaga ang pinoy Comrade masisipag hehehe...Kung gusto nyo din pala nang pang-ROCKSTAR na cable may biebenta din akong Satellite Cable (No Monthly Fees) nandun din sa dvdvcd.multiply.com hehehe

mane.. mane.. mane kayo jan   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Magkano isang supot?hehehe

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #205 on: January 06, 2009, 07:03:54 AM »
 :-D :-D :-D :-D

Offline sandythedrummer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #206 on: January 08, 2009, 04:06:09 PM »
Eto yung binebenta ko. 19k lang :-D. Location ko is Pasig Kapitolyo

« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 04:10:34 PM by sandythedrummer »
"I BELIEVE IN CHRIST LIKE I BELIEVE IN THE SUN. NOT BECAUSE I CAN SEE IT, BUT BY IT, I CAN SEE EVERYONE ELSE....."

Offline inkslingerx

« Reply #207 on: January 08, 2009, 06:43:16 PM »
ang kinis pa bro! why sell it? :?

Offline sandythedrummer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #208 on: January 08, 2009, 09:34:19 PM »
ang kinis pa bro! why sell it? :?

In need of cash eh. chaka may POD XT kame sa studio.
"I BELIEVE IN CHRIST LIKE I BELIEVE IN THE SUN. NOT BECAUSE I CAN SEE IT, BUT BY IT, I CAN SEE EVERYONE ELSE....."

Offline Jem-Jr.™

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #209 on: January 16, 2009, 05:37:07 PM »
new boss gt-10 user here hehe.. kakakuha ko lang kanina ng unit ni sir sandy  :-D ang kinis  :-D

grabe pala yung EQ ng G10 hehe.. inaaral ko pa siya..  :-D panalo Boogie Preamp.. halos mark IV yung tunog kahit walang EQ..  :-D
EBMM 2014 JPXIII-7 - Mesa Boogie Mark IVa - Mesa Boogie Rectifier Horizontal Cabinet 2x12 - Dunlop JP95 Wah - Fractal FM3 - EBVP Stereo 25k - Headrush FRFR 108 Stereo

Offline j3yps

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #210 on: January 16, 2009, 09:15:47 PM »
new boss gt-10 user here hehe.. kakakuha ko lang kanina ng unit ni sir sandy  :-D ang kinis  :-D

grabe pala yung EQ ng G10 hehe.. inaaral ko pa siya..  :-D panalo Boogie Preamp.. halos mark IV yung tunog kahit walang EQ..  :-D
Bro the Boss GT-10 DVDs will help you alot...you can check them out here
http://dvdvcd.multiply.com/photos/album/8/Guitar_Bass_Amp_and_Effects_MaintenanceSetup_DVDs

Offline inkslingerx

« Reply #211 on: January 17, 2009, 12:43:38 AM »

congrats bro on your new toy :mrgreen:

Offline Jem-Jr.™

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #212 on: January 17, 2009, 01:03:19 AM »
salamat..  :-D

grabe matagalan na tweakan to hehe..  :-D ang daming EQ  :lol:
EBMM 2014 JPXIII-7 - Mesa Boogie Mark IVa - Mesa Boogie Rectifier Horizontal Cabinet 2x12 - Dunlop JP95 Wah - Fractal FM3 - EBVP Stereo 25k - Headrush FRFR 108 Stereo

Offline inkslingerx

« Reply #213 on: January 17, 2009, 01:12:21 AM »
almost endless possibilities to explore... tweak lang ng tweak, its fun :-D :-D :-D

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #214 on: January 17, 2009, 11:30:40 AM »
I just tried this unit extensively in the studio yesterday.  And I am making an effort to make an accurate review of this unit.  Sorry to break your bubble, but again, it's either you take the red pill, or the blue pill.

HOW THE TEST WAS DONE:

1.  GT10 direct to DAW in a control room with KRK RP9 reference monitors. 
2.  GT10 through Randall RM100's FX loop input through 4x12 with Celestion 70-80s, GT10 in "connect-to-amp" mode
3.  DG Stomp direct to DAW in a control room with KRK RP9 reference monitors. 
4.  DG Stomp through Randall RM100's FX loop input through 4x12 with Celestion 70-80s, GT10 in "connect-to-amp" (no speaker sim) mode
5.  GT10 bypassed, guitar straight to amp using UltraXL and Rectifier modules

My thoughts-

AMPSIMS:

VERY HUGE disappointment with the amp simulators.  They sound lifeless and undynamic.  Try this.  Use your volume knob with a MEsa Recto patch.  Try "cleaning up" your volume.  See what happens.  If your sound still sounds compressed, then you know the problem.  I've had more success with the amp sims of an old outdated Yamaha DG Stomp. 

MODULATIONS:

Pretty good but still has that nasty digital feel.  If you like separate boxes for delay and other time-based effects, you'll probably find the modulations of the GT10 'ok'.

FWIW, look into other options.  When I thought Line 6 units didn't have that nice tube dynamic response, this GT10 is actually worse.  There is also a severe lack of presence in the sound.  Very poor in fact,  and sounds blanketed no matter how much presence we added to the EQ.  Honestly, I prefer the Vox Tonelab series to this one much more.  Axe Fx is the king of the hill if you ask me, but they aren't cheap. 

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #215 on: January 17, 2009, 12:42:42 PM »
LOL... at least it's an honest opinion.

The need for some people here and even in the Boss GT Central to augment their units with other gizmos to "enhance" the sound does reflect some deficiency that's inherent to the GT-10, at least to the ears of these people. There's no point going around it... relative to other products out there, the amp sims are a weakness. I'm tempted right now to score myself a TriAC just to hear if there's an improvement. But that's fizzling since I've have gotten a decent Marshall-ish crunch sound which I'm liking now.

On the other hand, this is a floor board that demands to be tweaked for an extended period of time. I don't think anybody can size it up credibly without going through that. I've been at it casually for months, and I still haven't gotten the hang of it.

While I still somewhat miss the Marshall sims in my POD XT Live, I still have no regrets moving on to the GT-10. Considering Dodjie's well-known bias against digital effects units, him saying they're "pretty good" (albeit begrudgingly, and still downs it to 'ok' later in his post hahaha) still do say a lot for the rest of us who are much much less critical of our own tones.

And I do agree that people should consider other options. I only wished Rocktron Utopias were sold locally.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #216 on: January 17, 2009, 01:16:18 PM »
LOL... at least it's an honest opinion.

The need for some people here and even in the Boss GT Central to augment their units with other gizmos to "enhance" the sound does reflect some deficiency that's inherent to the GT-10, at least to the ears of these people. There's no point going around it... relative to other products out there, the amp sims are a weakness. I'm tempted right now to score myself a TriAC just to hear if there's an improvement. But that's fizzling since I've have gotten a decent Marshall-ish crunch sound which I'm liking now.

On the other hand, this is a floor board that demands to be tweaked for an extended period of time. I don't think anybody can size it up credibly without going through that. I've been at it casually for months, and I still haven't gotten the hang of it.

While I still somewhat miss the Marshall sims in my POD XT Live, I still have no regrets moving on to the GT-10. Considering Dodjie's well-known bias against digital effects units, him saying they're "pretty good" (albeit begrudgingly, and still downs it to 'ok' later in his post hahaha) still do say a lot for the rest of us who are much much less critical of our own tones.

And I do agree that people should consider other options. I only wished Rocktron Utopias were sold locally.

For the record, I am not 100% against digital.  Say, 86.351%/ :D

Hey, I love my cheap Ibanez DE7 and it does employ AD/DA processing.  Ain't that digital? 

I am just honest enough to say the amp sims in the GT-10 are very disappointing, and I think it would be much better to get a Vox Tonelab instead (which is another digital mfx unit.) 

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #217 on: January 17, 2009, 03:50:44 PM »
It just goes to show or to say Apple is not for everyone  :-D Me I like ice cream but nag LLBM ako  :x
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 03:56:00 PM by rogeryu »

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #218 on: January 18, 2009, 07:06:44 PM »
From left > Inkslingerx and Me

POD X3 with Fizz Suppressor

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #219 on: January 18, 2009, 07:13:53 PM »
During Testing with Perfect Pitch Manager Olan

Man, a thumb up there with Olan after the test result :lol:

Offline Jem-Jr.™

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #220 on: January 19, 2009, 04:34:45 AM »
wa si sir olan na pala ang manager hehe.. tagal ko na rin di nakadaan dun.. sir how much yang fizz suppressor?

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #221 on: January 19, 2009, 07:32:45 AM »
wa si sir olan na pala ang manager hehe.. tagal ko na rin di nakadaan dun.. sir how much yang fizz suppressor?

I salute sir Olan ok yan  :lol:  magaling din mag guitara.
Comrade Jem, welcome to the dark side of the modeller, not just the GT but all of the popular modeller as of this date as Radley quoted, that's why we tried it also with POD X3 yesterday. Note: inkslingerx and I concluded POD was more much of fizzy compared to our GT10 and that's a good news and take note again ha was only our observation. That's is also why Olan borrowed the unit to further compare and test with others. BTW we also did test with Zoom505 i may call it a modeller too. Fizz suppressor stompbox i sell it for just 2.5k plus 150 for the LBC, its great to own one and that i can assure you. I was not really surprised when sir Olan first impression  and say "Sir ! nawala nga yon (fizz) at tubey ang sound" which i took the man's experience knowing tube sound and a good tone at his on forte and we furthermore test the POD. Please try to understand that i don't meant to bush other modeller as well as our GT, what we or i was trying to probe here is to address the fizz issue and to help other/us out. Just txt me if you're interested and want more information into.

Comrade Roger,

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #222 on: January 19, 2009, 07:34:02 AM »

Comrade Jem, welcome to the dark side of the modeller, not just the GT but all of the popular modeller as of this date as Radley quoted, that's why we tried it also with POD X3 yesterday. Note: inkslingerx and I concluded POD was more much of fizzy compared to our GT10 and that's a good news and take note again ha was only our observation. That's is also why Olan borrowed the unit to further compare and test with others. BTW we also did test with Zoom505 i may call it a modeller too. Fizz suppressor stompbox i sell it for just 2.5k plus 150 for the LBC, its great to own one and that i can assure you. I was not really surprised when sir Olan first impression  and say "Sir ! nawala nga yon (fizz) at tubey ang sound" which i took the man's experience knowing tube sound and a good tone at his on forte and we furthermore test the POD. Please try to understand that i don't meant to bush other modeller as well as our GT, what we or i was trying to probe here is to address the fizz issue and to help other/us out. Just txt me if you're interested and want more information into.

Comrade Roger,

Offline yahoo!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #223 on: January 19, 2009, 10:11:24 AM »
pwede ba yan sa GNX4??  :evil:

Offline Jem-Jr.™

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #224 on: January 19, 2009, 01:37:28 PM »

Comrade Roger,

ayos!.. sir text kita pag may breads na hehe.. hehe ubos ipon ko eh hehe..  :-D