hulika

Author Topic: Boss GT10 users thread  (Read 324050 times)

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
Re: New Boss GT10 users thread
« Reply #375 on: June 08, 2009, 07:24:18 AM »
Welcome Sir Nogi  :-)

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #376 on: June 09, 2009, 07:28:18 PM »
sali na ko dito..=) user nadin me gt10..  :-D

Comrade,
Now i remember, you're the one who's Tapslore referring to and exchange with...

I tested drive the X3live unit and i love the sound. Maybe you can share with us more co'z you got the unit for sometime. I know for the fact why Tapslore did swapped the unit co'z the X3live is great for recording and it will surely help him for his recording project thus its this very reason why he exchange it. I know both unit has its own forte but just curious about your side..... :|

Thanks,

Offline nogi

« Reply #377 on: June 10, 2009, 08:40:16 AM »
yup.. mas ok mga drive ng x3. parang kamukhang kamukha ng gngayang amp.. mas gusto ko gt10 kasi mas ok pag live at mas gusto ko quality ng fx..

Offline tapslore

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #378 on: June 13, 2009, 01:36:23 AM »
enjoy the gt-10, bro  :-D.
The Lord is close to the broken-hearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

Offline Allan_Reamillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #379 on: June 13, 2009, 07:32:28 AM »
I tried a friend's GT-10, ganda ng tunog yun nga lang mahirap yung editing ng effects parameters if you're not going to use EZ edit. Kailangan talagang pagtiyagaan basahin ang manual.

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #380 on: June 13, 2009, 09:38:52 AM »
our GT10 is not that totally superb i may say, sure it not a winner but when it comes to effects, its like a multiful pile stack of quality boss pedal thats what i see to it, it would cost you a lot when you bought seperate individual boss pedal isn't. Regarding the preamp/cab/speaker sim, i believe this AxeFX has the advantage among all at to this date co'z it has the most powerful processor built in and no other can compete and its a customized boutique unit which need you to pay for it that's what you get. COSM preamp is just a little bonus gift by your BOSS to us heheheeh. Take it or leave it sort of thing.

Enjoy our GT10,

Offline nogi

« Reply #381 on: June 13, 2009, 09:44:56 AM »
hi sir tapslore, i enjoy the gt10..hope u enjoy x3 live din.. easy lang naman pagaralan gt10.. try mo lang kalikutin..parang cellphone lang na hitech yan....

Offline 24242009

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #382 on: June 15, 2009, 12:34:29 PM »
philmusic, guys please help

i just halfway on studying the boss gt-10 manual.and now writing patches. the phrase loop function is cool but its only short.

who has tried attaching rc-2 on it? if you do so, will the rc-2 appear on the LCD of gt-10 as an effect? is there any possiblity of recording the entire loop to be played later on a song?

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #383 on: June 15, 2009, 03:24:13 PM »
philmusic, guys please help

i just halfway on studying the boss gt-10 manual.and now writing patches. the phrase loop function is cool but its only short.

who has tried attaching rc-2 on it? if you do so, will the rc-2 appear on the LCD of gt-10 as an effect? is there any possiblity of recording the entire loop to be played later on a song?

I read the RC2 manual and you can use the GT10 send/return (S/R) route connection for RC2 then place S/R block in the GT chain (check GTmanual page 38) near the input for dry guitar sound to record or near the output for wet recording and later be played. GT10 send/return is movable within the chain, you can place your RC2 before OD/DS, after Preamp, before or after modulation effects, whichever or whatever you need in the mix to record.
Actually you can use only GTreturn and using 1/4 jack of your Mp3 device too just placing the S/R block near the output so you could jam along with the Mp3 backing track.
Hope i did help,

Offline 24242009

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #384 on: June 16, 2009, 10:32:35 AM »
                        :-D many thanks bro :)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 10:33:51 AM by 24242009 »

Offline 24242009

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #385 on: June 16, 2009, 11:20:41 AM »
I read the RC2 manual and you can use the GT10 send/return (S/R) route connection for RC2 then place S/R block in the GT chain (check GTmanual page 38) near the input for dry guitar sound to record or near the output for wet recording and later be played. GT10 send/return is movable within the chain, you can place your RC2 before OD/DS, after Preamp, before or after modulation effects, whichever or whatever you need in the mix to record.
Actually you can use only GTreturn and using 1/4 jack of your Mp3 device too just placing the S/R block near the output so you could jam along with the Mp3 backing track.
Hope i did help,

will changing the positions of the effect chain have any effect on the total sound? im just using the standard factory settings of the effects chain.

i was wondering if the phrase loop i recorded can be stored in rc-2.? i can use the 38 seconds of the phrase loop of gt-10 then after i record it , can i re-record it (the one i recorded in the gt10 loop) in the rc-2, then play it back? for example i used the gt10 phrase to record the 1st verse of the song, then i stoped to play the chorus, but I want to play the recorded phrase again, can i retrieve it in the rc-2? its like using rc-2 as a recorded of the recorded track in gt10 while doing a playback function.

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #386 on: June 16, 2009, 10:26:02 PM »
Yes the RC2 is connected to S/R and by moving the S/R block to different places in the chain will have totally yield different effect sound. As pointed out near the guitar input would give you Dry signal recorded on RC2 while at the back chain would yield the overall signal mix together.
Connect the output L/mono to the RC2 input to record the GT phrase loop and connect the RC2 output into S/R using only the GTReturn and explore more on it. BTW using this method is for headphone output monitoring.

If you want to use it for live L/Mono output, just use the S/R and place at the end of the chain before GT output icon.    
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 06:20:53 AM by rogeryu »

Offline neilby

« Reply #387 on: June 19, 2009, 09:01:35 PM »
i just got my gt-10 at pp yupangco, and its very awesome, ahaha!
galing talaga, medyo hirap pa gamitin, very cool talaga ang efx, hehe,
meron ako g1x and i decided to buy this kind of efx,
parang lagi ako tumutugtog sa stage, haha!, laging live,
well masaya talaga ako sa gt-10, sayang lang gusto ko sana gnx4 pero very expensive, wala pa ako magandang guitar so nadadala ng efx ko yung guitar ko, hehehe,

well enjoy sa mga gt-10 users din dito, :-D
`Boss GT-10- SOLD to non-forumite
`Zoom G1x- SOLD to Migz
`Fab Disto- SOLD to continuum

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #388 on: June 20, 2009, 06:32:46 AM »
Welcome comrade Neilby....
Wow yesterday one year na GT10 ko and tomorrow this thread also...so far no problem with GT10, Happy anniversary to us and to me :-D

Offline neilby

« Reply #389 on: June 21, 2009, 07:35:21 AM »
thank you for warm welcome sa inyo po, hehehe, :-)

belated anniversary sa thread po na ito and kay rogeryu, hehehe, :-)

more users pa ng gt, hehehe,

:-D
`Zoom G1x- SOLD to Migz

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #390 on: June 21, 2009, 08:21:44 AM »
thank you for warm welcome sa inyo po, hehehe, :-)

belated anniversary sa thread po na ito and kay rogeryu, hehehe, :-)

more users pa ng gt, hehehe,

From where are sir?
Everybody I'm from Las Pinas just near the SM Southmall, if you find time during Sunday afternoon i'm usually at home you can visit me if you're near and we share GT10 experience. Just txt me in advance 09175241312

Roger

Offline neilby

« Reply #391 on: June 21, 2009, 08:34:38 AM »
hehehe, im from bulacan sir, but i live now quezon city near sm north,

you're way too far sir, hehehe, kung malapit po sana kayo pwede, and im in college 2nd year i find hard time to have a rest, hehehe, pero naisisingit ko pa ang pag gigitara, pag stress na ko, hahaha!
`Zoom G1x- SOLD to Migz

Offline hiromi_777a

« Reply #392 on: June 21, 2009, 05:46:52 PM »
Magkano na po ngayon ang brandnew GT-10 mga Sir? Plano ko sana kumuha as replacement for my Zoom G9.2tt or pwede rin secondary multi-effects processor if may makuhang mura. If ever meron bang malapit dito sa Parañaque bukod sa Yamaha sa Mall of Asia na may GT-10 for sale?
広海

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #393 on: June 21, 2009, 08:05:19 PM »
Magkano na po ngayon ang brandnew GT-10 mga Sir? Plano ko sana kumuha as replacement for my Zoom G9.2tt or pwede rin secondary multi-effects processor if may makuhang mura. If ever meron bang malapit dito sa Parañaque bukod sa Yamaha sa Mall of Asia na may GT-10 for sale?

Meron akong alam dalawa GT10 nya kc di niya alam pinadalhan na siya ng tiyahin niya mula state kaso 110v yon sabi niya.

Offline hiromi_777a

« Reply #394 on: June 21, 2009, 08:24:44 PM »
Meron akong alam dalawa GT10 nya kc di niya alam pinadalhan na siya ng tiyahin niya mula state kaso 110v yon sabi niya.
PM sent. :lol: Sana may makapagbigay ng idea if how much and saan may GT-10 dito sa Parañaque. Pwede ba rin ba dito 2 guitars at the same time gamit with different set of effects for each? Yung parang sa POD X3 Live. Although I don't know how it works since 1 lang input ng POD X3 Live and GT-10 afaik.
広海

Offline jojosan

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #395 on: June 21, 2009, 11:46:43 PM »
magandang gabi po,

mga sir, summary lang po, ano po difference ng GT10 sa GT8 and GT6? mga advantage at dis-advantage po.
parang masarap magkaroon nito hah.

salamat po

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #396 on: June 22, 2009, 10:35:39 AM »
magandang gabi po,

mga sir, summary lang po, ano po difference ng GT10 sa GT8 and GT6? mga advantage at dis-advantage po.
parang masarap magkaroon nito hah.

salamat po

http://www.bossus.com/gear/productdetails.php?ProductId=941

Offline Jem-Jr.™

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #397 on: June 23, 2009, 03:46:55 PM »
EBMM 2014 JPXIII-7 - Mesa Boogie Mark IVa - Mesa Boogie Rectifier Horizontal Cabinet 2x12 - Dunlop JP95 Wah - Fractal FM3 - EBVP Stereo 25k - Headrush FRFR 108 Stereo

Offline 24242009

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #398 on: June 23, 2009, 06:06:23 PM »
Yes the RC2 is connected to S/R and by moving the S/R block to different places in the chain will have totally yield different effect sound. As pointed out near the guitar input would give you Dry signal recorded on RC2 while at the back chain would yield the overall signal mix together.
Connect the output L/mono to the RC2 input to record the GT phrase loop and connect the RC2 output into S/R using only the GTReturn and explore more on it. BTW using this method is for headphone output monitoring.

If you want to use it for live L/Mono output, just use the S/R and place at the end of the chain before GT output icon.    

many thanks :) so you mean the rc-2 will produce an icon inside gt-10 wherein i can re-arrange its location in the screen? I just dont know when I can use it, if its stored inside the system, how will I activate it?will i step on it or assign buttons to it? I havent purchased an rc-2 yet but im planning. I was thinking that I will connect the rc-2 beside the gt-10 just like an analog stomp. but connecting it to the system is a different thing. and the manual says that the phrase loop in gt-10 cant be used in manual mode so I have to be in the regular mode so I can record and store phrases?

Offline rogeryu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #399 on: June 24, 2009, 08:31:33 AM »
many thanks :) so you mean the rc-2 will produce an icon inside gt-10 wherein i can re-arrange its location in the screen? I just dont know when I can use it, if its stored inside the system, how will I activate it?will i step on it or assign buttons to it? I havent purchased an rc-2 yet but im planning. I was thinking that I will connect the rc-2 beside the gt-10 just like an analog stomp. but connecting it to the system is a different thing. and the manual says that the phrase loop in gt-10 cant be used in manual mode so I have to be in the regular mode so I can record and store phrases?

The S/R block when ON would now be you virtual RC2 and moving S/R block at different location inside GT chain would give you different outcome. You can not see the RC2 on LCD screen only the S/R block and turning the RC2 ON/OFF as you would need.