hulika

Author Topic: The Earphones/Headphones Thread  (Read 464626 times)

Offline jepbueno

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: The Earphones/Headphones Thread
« Reply #1825 on: April 13, 2016, 03:49:14 PM »
^boss ralph, tumingin ka na sa tipidcp/tipidpc? meron din ako nakita sa fb dati (brand new inoorder nila), pero a year ago ko na nakita un.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1826 on: April 13, 2016, 04:01:19 PM »
^boss ralph, tumingin ka na sa tipidcp/tipidpc? meron din ako nakita sa fb dati (brand new inoorder nila), pero a year ago ko na nakita un.

wala na sa tipid pc huhuhuhu
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline mozart123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1827 on: April 15, 2016, 11:31:11 AM »
globe store sa trinoma nagbebenta ng earphones.
check out my new page:Condo for sale Luzon.

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1828 on: April 16, 2016, 03:20:20 PM »
I have a couple of headphones lying around the house so I think I'll make a little comparison of them.  :-D

I'm no audiophile expert pero ever since I started mixing a few album for friends a while back in the year 2000 I'd say I have a good understanding of what sounds good and what sounds crap. I've owned a couple of studio monitors as well (KRK, Behringer, Samson Resolv 50a, etc...) and the moment still have a DAW setup with a pair of Samson Resolv A5s. The best studio monitors I have used so far is the  Yamaha NS10s (discontinued). I don't like using EQ kasi naniniwala ako after the mastering process pulido na ang tunog ng mga kanta, talagang proper equipment lang para maproduce yung sound na narinig ng mga engineers sa studio through the monitors.

For comparison, I'll be listening through a Sony CD player with probably one of the best mixed rock album in the 90s, The Galactic Cowboys "Space in Your Face". The song I'll be listening for the review is "About Mrs Leslie". The song contains loud guitars, really nice rock drum sound (ala Nirvana's Nevermind), vocal harmonies, nice bass tones. May mahinang fill rin siyang acoustic guitar at trumpets sa background which I think mahirap marinig sa headphones.

Let's begin  :-D

Ultimate Ears SuperFi 5 Pro - 5/5 - I love these in-ear earphones. Discontinued na siya and these were manufactured before Ultimate Ears was acquired by Logitech. Each ear piece contains separate bass and treble drivers. Flat sounding as if you were listening through a pair of studio monitors. The bass, mids and highs are clear, walang distortion, hindi nakakapagod ng tenga. These phones are very efficient kaya 50% lang ng volume nakakabingi na. I bought two sets of these just in case masira yung isa and at $300 a pair sulit talaga siya.

Sa song na "About Mrs. Leslie" madidistinguish mo yung mahinang acoustic guitar (intro/chorus) at yung fill in trumpets sa background. Clear separation ng mga instruments. The bass is deep kahit na earphones lang sya.

KRK KNS 8400 - 3/5 - Scooped ang tunog, parang naka EQ. Hindi clear yung separation ng acoustic guitars at trumpets. Nice highs and bass though. For a $200 headphone, it's not too bad.

Takstar Pro80 - 4/5 - Apparently this headphone is a copy of Beyerdynamic DT 770 ($300) but way cheaper ($50). It comes with a nice hard case! Kahit na mumurahin, ayos din yung build quality. Slightly scooped ang tunog pero way better and clearer than the KRK. Clear separation between the distorted guitar and acoustic guitar dun sa kanta.

Grado SR225e -3.5/5 - Scooped ang tunog parang yung KRK pero mas matreble siya. Clear separation ng instruments at malinaw yung acoustic guitar sa chorus/intro. Hindi pwede to sa office at sa Tokyo Subway, siguradong titignan ka ng masama ng mga katabi mo (sound bleed) dahil open back.  :lol: Ayos yung build pero I find it overpriced ($270).

Philips A1PRO 2.5/5 - Nabili ko to sa airport last year nung nawala yung isang bud ng SuperFi 5 Pro ko. Scooped ang tunog, masyado ma bass, highs are OK. Instrument separation is not that great. Nakakapagod sa tenga ($150)

Iphone Earbuds - 1/5 - Meh. Walang bass, piercing yung highs. Tunog lata.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 03:34:22 PM by randymarsh »
nuno : n4 2.0 n4esa, n4vintage, n4 silver sparkle, n5, n6, n7, n8esa
etc : yjm, axis, jp6, jpxi, jp12, jp13, lp 58 vos, lp 57 ri, lp standard, lp trad, am strat, am tele deluxe, jem7v, uv777, rg prestige, j custom, deluxe reverb, vai legacy, jcm900, axefx

Offline freedom04

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1829 on: April 17, 2016, 12:30:25 PM »
Wow! Nice! I'll post a bit of my gears too... I'm not good with describing the sound, however I'll try to describe it as good as possible. :)

AKG K3003 - 5/5! Why? This is the best sounding universals I have ever heard. It has 2 Balanced Armatures and 1 Dynamic Driver, 1 BA each for Highs and Mids and the DD is for the Bass. Amazing soundstage, it is comparable to the Sennheiser HD800. The trebles are sparkly, the mids are good, but not as good as the Ortofon EQ-8 which I think has one of the best mids. Bass is smooth and well extended. What is really good with this IEM is that it has 3 filters: Reference, Highs and Bass filter. Bass filter would sound close to the Shure SE846, it has the characterisitc dark sound with rolled off-treble. High filter would mean emphasis on the highs, it is fatiguing for me. Reference filter is the best sounding filter for me, it has this balanced sound which I really really prefer. What is not good with this IEM is the price as it costs 60k (as expected since it is AKG's flagship) and the cable as it is not detacheable. It is also unforgiving to songs which are not recorded well (sadly, most OPM songs aren't recorded well)

Shure SE-215 - 2.5/5.= Bassy earphones which is sometimes muddy, dark sounding with rolled off highs. This is built like a tank, this has been with me for 3 years and I have not experienced a single problem. What is good with this IEM is it has good isolation and detachable cables. Good fit for me. However, I prefer the KZ-ATE and Sony EX-100 for bass quality and quantity (for me).

KZ ATE - 3/5. Good sound to value ratio. For only 800 pesos, you get a very good sound quality and it looks good. It has been with me for about 4 months (until my dad asked me if he can use it). It scales very well with good equipment. Good isolation as well. The highs and mids are average but the soundstage is fairly decent. Bang for the buck!

Sont Ex-100 - 3/5. Cheap but sounds good. This costs 1,300 but me and my friends can say that this IEM sounds at around the 4-6k price range. Good bass, average soundstage. Bass does not bleed and does not overshadow the highs. The mids are slightly recessed though, maybe due to the bass? Not that sure. I've only used this for less than 2 days. It comes in different colors, black, red, pink, teal. It has a lot of Sony Hybrids tips (which costs 600 alone). I'd say this is way better than the KZ-ATE and SE-215.

Sennheiser HD600 - 4/5. Excellent sound! Spacious soundstage as expected from Sennheiser's former flagship. The sound is balanced, clarity is top notch. Cables can easily be replaced. Comfortable for long listening sessions. Bass has good quality and extends well. Treble is enough for you to feel it and not be pierced. Mids are adequate. Balanced indeed. You need a decent amp to make this sing, though portable amps can drive this headphones easily.

Source: MacBook Pro 2015, iBasso DX80, FiiO X3
Amp: JDS C5, Chord Mojo
Cables: CCPH Coax
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 12:37:48 PM by freedom04 »
RN. MD. General Surgeon. Bassist. Audiophile.
2 Elegee Custom 5-string Bass. 1979 Ibanez Musician Bass. Mono Vertigo.

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1830 on: April 18, 2016, 06:11:36 AM »
^ Nice. I might get the AKG K3003 soon kasi nadudurog na yung mga IEMs ko. Pricey sya pero mukhang panalo.  :-D
etc : yjm, axis, jp6, jpxi, jp12, jp13, lp 58 vos, lp 57 ri, lp standard, lp trad, am strat, am tele deluxe, jem7v, uv777, rg prestige, j custom, deluxe reverb, vai legacy, jcm900, axefx

Offline MayumiSasazaki

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1831 on: April 19, 2016, 08:33:33 AM »
I just got my Sony MDR 100 A  from Japan.. di ko pa natatry hehe  :-D
tita otaku - Mediator - INFP-T
♥carpe diem♥
There was never a genius without a tincture of madness. -- Aristotle

Offline freedom04

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1832 on: April 19, 2016, 08:49:59 AM »
^ Nice. I might get the AKG K3003 soon kasi nadudurog na yung mga IEMs ko. Pricey sya pero mukhang panalo.  :-D

It is very good sir! Shure's SE846 is too dark, bass is overwhelming. IE800 is good but not worth the price tag. I think the Campfire Audio's Andromeda would be a nice competitor against the K3003. And if you got a bit more cash, the HUM Pristine is a very good IEM. :)

Offline freedom04

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1833 on: April 23, 2016, 01:45:33 PM »
Will be getting the HiFiMan HE-560 later...  :-D

Offline j.nikko3123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1834 on: April 25, 2016, 06:43:35 PM »
So after burning in the kz ate and the ed9 I can say that these cheapos are the real deal.  Present rig :

DAP : fiio x5 1st gen
AMP : fiio e18 kunlun
In ears : KZ Ate, KZ ed9,
 Sennheiser Momentum

Sent from my SM-A510Y using Tapatalk

"Join the darkside,we have cookies."

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1835 on: April 25, 2016, 08:48:56 PM »
Naranasan nyo na ba na pag sobrang lakas ng vibration sa paligid nyo eh tumitigil yung mp3 player nyo?

Yung M3 ko sumakay ako sa jeep na patok. Nagpatugtog ng bass-y hiphop song yung kundoktor. Yung M3 humihinto haha. Akala ko na-shutdown yung dap. Pagkatapos nung sounds sa jeep mag resume yung music sa dap. Dun mismo sa part ng song na nahinto sya.

Ultrasonic inteference?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00VD using Tapatalk

I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline j.nikko3123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1836 on: April 29, 2016, 03:21:48 PM »
Just got the beyerdynamic custom one plus pro.

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1837 on: May 01, 2016, 08:55:45 AM »
Current setup.  :-D

And one for the wife  :-D

Ordered two pairs of KZ ATE from Singapore and an AKG K712 Pro parating next week :-D

Offline j.nikko3123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1838 on: May 02, 2016, 12:40:35 PM »
Here's mine:

Fiio x5 through a Fiio e18 out through beyer dynamics custom one pro plus extra iems narmoo rm1, kz ate, kz ed9, Sennheiser momentum in-ear, Sol Republic Portable Speakers

« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 12:49:26 PM by j.nikko3123 »

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1839 on: May 02, 2016, 12:47:24 PM »
^wild setup you guys!
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline freedom04

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1840 on: May 04, 2016, 02:06:37 AM »
My current desktop set:

Mac -> Chord Mojo (as DAC) -> Vioelectric/Lake People G109A Headphone Amp -> HiFiMAN HE-560

Damn Planar goodness!

Offline hunk0429

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1841 on: May 04, 2016, 11:55:10 PM »
5 reasons!  :-D

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1842 on: May 05, 2016, 06:19:27 PM »
Just got my AKG k712 Pro. Damn! Swabe ang tunog kahit hindi ko pa na burn-in. At a tag of $500, sulit na sulit yung tunog nya. Comparing to the Grado Labs SR225e, mas harsh sounding yung Grado while the AKG is balanced at clear.

Offline freedom04

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1843 on: May 05, 2016, 09:22:15 PM »
Just got my AKG k712 Pro. Damn! Swabe ang tunog kahit hindi ko pa na burn-in. At a tag of $500, sulit na sulit yung tunog nya. Comparing to the Grado Labs SR225e, mas harsh sounding yung Grado while the AKG is balanced at clear.

Nice! How much did you get your K712 Pro? I heard you need a proper amp to drive it, what amp do you use? And Grado 225e isn't that good. The only ones that caught my attention sa E series nila ay yung sr80e and sr325e. (And a recabled sr80e with SPC would beat the sr225e hehehehe)

Offline karl666

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1844 on: May 05, 2016, 11:25:04 PM »
^

Nice rig up there. :D
references: sbalbaguio2006 , washburny , pentagram x , markv , tone thinker, r_chino18

Offline CeL1916

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1845 on: May 06, 2016, 12:24:20 AM »
San ba makakabili ng okay na earphone at headphone cases? Yung mura lang :-D
PM Transaction References: Rmansh/Miong_Magno/Pentagram_x/Julandmic09/Vanhatred/Liway77/cyrus2477/jracz_28/ichigo02/
thenameisjm/teddy_munoz/Xelly/haha/ekoy08/kalel_23/sensei_24/lucky/drahcirnna24/r_chino/ilikecarrots

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1846 on: May 06, 2016, 06:39:41 AM »
Nice! How much did you get your K712 Pro? I heard you need a proper amp to drive it, what amp do you use? And Grado 225e isn't that good. The only ones that caught my attention sa E series nila ay yung sr80e and sr325e. (And a recabled sr80e with SPC would beat the sr225e hehehehe)

Sa eBay ko nabili for $480. I got the Made in Austria version. Nabasa ko yung mga bagong K712s gawa na sa Slovakia. I'm driving it with a Fiio e12k and A3, kaya naman i-drive yung k712.

Offline freedom04

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1847 on: May 06, 2016, 08:34:21 PM »
Sa eBay ko nabili for $480. I got the Made in Austria version. Nabasa ko yung mga bagong K712s gawa na sa Slovakia. I'm driving it with a Fiio e12k and A3, kaya naman i-drive yung k712.

Hmmm. Maybe an upgrade in the amp will help. The FiiO E12k can provide the needed volume but it lacks the dynamics. :)

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1848 on: May 07, 2016, 10:51:40 AM »
Ok naman yung E12K. May slight hiss nga lang pero I'm not bothered by it. Purchased an AKG K702 as a backup for the K712  :lol:

Offline jmwreck

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1849 on: May 08, 2016, 11:34:16 PM »

from top left, counter-clockwise

Blox BE3
Blox M2C
Mrice E100
Sennheiser MX375
VE Monk Plus
VE Monk