hulika

Author Topic: Jazz Visitors @Kublai's Katipunan in front of Miriam College  (Read 5732 times)

Offline 1st-profile

The Jazz Visitors will be at Kublai's every Thursday, starting June 15, 2006. Hear the senior jazz musicians and learn how to play mainstream jazz. Jam, listen, drink and dine...Kublai's is infront of Miriam College in Katipunan Avenue. P100 includes one drink... come one, come all!

Offline jazzbo

Jazz Visitors @Kublai's Katipunan in front of Miriam College
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 06:49:13 PM »
Who's in the band?

Offline 1st-profile

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 08:40:23 PM »
vocals - elise eclar
lead guitar - jimmy francisco
bass guitar - boy hernan
drums - edgar sagrado

Offline 1st-profile

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 01:50:15 AM »
correction on the lineup:
edgar sagrado can't make it, so he's being replaced by gary garcia on the drums, the other 3 members are the same

Offline 1st-profile

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 01:55:29 AM »
guys, please come!  :wink:

Offline 1st-profile

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 12:35:38 PM »
NGAYON NA YAN!

Offline nardski

mismo sila!
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 04:03:41 PM »
mismo sila! i've heard them play & i've jamed with them since they have played regulary (every mondays) for 1 month in aldo's before we closed last march 14 2006... lalo na yung gitarista he looks like miles davis, sings like nat king cole and definitely plays like wes montgomery... if you're a guitarist you have to watch them play! man they ROCK! & please say hi to elise from me & the whole staff of aldo's
                                                                                                            -Lennard & Ronnie Calinawan

Offline 1st-profile

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 01:11:59 PM »
Hi Lennard, hi Ron! Guys, we are at Kublai's every Thursday na, hope to see you! - elise

Offline 1st-profile

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 04:56:38 PM »
See you again tomorrow, June 22 at Kublai's!

Offline 1st-profile

jazz night at kublai's
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 04:46:47 AM »
Another week has come and gone...tonight is the night guys! See you at Kublai's. You want jamming, here's jamming! Kung di ngayon, kelan pa? Kundi tayo, sino? Every Thursday po ito, but why wait? Thursday na po ngayon, punta na! :)  8)  :wink:

Offline progressive_pilipinas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2006, 07:29:41 AM »
huh?! ngayon na?? ahhhh!!! thursday na ba ngayon? nalilito na ko sa araw! argh!
The fretboard is a vast universe.

Offline 1st-profile

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2006, 01:53:11 AM »
THANKS A LOT GUYS FOR COMING TO KUBLAI'S! At last, dumami naman ng konti ang tao...akala ko wala na talagang mga jazzers sa QC puro na lang Makati and other Southern areas. Btw, Gary our drummer is formerly with Sabor Latino, correction if I said on the other forum that he was with Onda Latina before. The rest, well Jimmy the guitarist is Black FilAm, he is Jim Brown but uses his mom's last name Francisco, born and raised in Manila. Boy Hernan is another veteran in the field. The vocalist, Elise, has been singing jazz since Mighty Mouse days when she was a teener. All four will surely take you to a new height of jazz pleasure as they serve you with mainstream and a sprinkling of contemporary jazz, and even fusion for more energy. See you again Thursday next week - July 6, 2006..... :wink:

Offline 1st-profile

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2006, 03:11:07 AM »
TOMORROW NA ULIT YAN, JAMMMMINGGG NA! :P

Offline nashimoto

• Philmusicus Noobitus
kublai's ba?
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2006, 09:55:45 AM »
sir ok po ba ung place? hindi ba sya ung tipong saguijo sa makati?
kailangan paba ng reservation dun? sama ko sana ung gf ko eh  :wink:
tcl tv.carrier ref.samsung dvd player.pioneer discman.asahi electric fan.orocan timba.orocan tabo.rambo tsinelas.kaypee sneakers.

Offline 1st-profile

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2006, 04:45:41 AM »
sorry po di pa ko nakakarating sa saguijo sa makati. no need for reservation. kublai's - family-oriented resto sya, meron sila mongolian buffet, pero may separate place for the entertainment area na andun ang stage and comfortable seating arrangement. p100 at the gate comes with 1 drink, oks na oks isama ang gf. reply sent to you by pm re directions. see you na lang.

Offline nashimoto

• Philmusicus Noobitus
kublai's ba kamo?
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2006, 01:25:47 PM »
badtrip! ang lakas ng ulan samin last thur nyt and i wasnt able to go and listen to some jazz music! im kinda new to this genre and i wanna listen to it live! i know i wont recognize any songs since im a sucker for rock but im confident that i will do like it! hope to be there next thur nyt... tama.. off ko sa work is thu-fri...  8)
tcl tv.carrier ref.samsung dvd player.pioneer discman.asahi electric fan.orocan timba.orocan tabo.rambo tsinelas.kaypee sneakers.

Offline 1st-profile

bukas na ulit
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2006, 04:05:45 PM »
Kublai's na uli tomorrow, Thursday, July 13. Nashimoto punta ka na ha, sama mo ang date mo.... 8)