hulika

Author Topic: European metal  (Read 5121 times)

Offline idespisehumanity

European metal
« on: April 05, 2005, 02:55:04 AM »
do you guys know any european bands? can you name a few? have you listened to them? opinions, opinions, discussions, discussions...

i have, i really like 'em... theyre really brilliant, europe has some of the greatest bands out there such as mayhem, marduk, children of bodom, dark funeral, immortal, necrophagia, nocturnal rites, sinergy, dark tranquility, dimmu borgir, carpathian funeral, etc etc... it seems like theyre destined to be the masters of black metal / death metal / etc. :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:
"Yeah, I play guitar and some bass"- Me
"Really? I love a guy with FAST fingers"- one of my chick friends

Offline rv2underground

European metal
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 09:20:43 AM »
what a dumbass...metal originated in europe. and that's a fact. u could name so many bands many considered to be forefathers of metal. to name a few to broaden ur knowledge u little mallcore/groupie: the beatles, rolling stones, led zeppelin, and of course the almighty black sabbath.

asking to name some great european bands is complete non-sense. and don't even mention black metal bands to ur reply on this one.

Offline idespisehumanity

European metal
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2005, 01:36:14 PM »
Quote from: rv2underground
what a dumbass...metal originated in europe. and that's a fact. u could name so many bands many considered to be forefathers of metal. to name a few to broaden ur knowledge u little mallcore/groupie: the beatles, rolling stones, led zeppelin, and of course the almighty black sabbath.

asking to name some great european bands is complete non-sense. and don't even mention black metal bands to ur reply on this one.

once again, were talking to some close-minded moron.

OKAY, how can you be so sure that im a mallcore/groupie? do you have any fact? proof? oh no! you dont! too bad, try again. and look whos talking, you say that im a mallcore groupie and a "dumbass" , yet you dont even f*cking know how old alexi laiho is.... did i detect some hypocrisy or what? i just dont see what the f*ck is wrong with you "hardcore" type kids prejudging people as "mallcore" kids over the net for making a thread about european metal.

and did i say that metal originated in the US? NO... you lose... again. and im not only asking to name some great european bands, IM ALSO ASKING FOR OPINIONS AND WHAT DO PEOPLE THINK ABOUT THEM aka f*cking discussion.. holy f*ck, you need to get some english tutorials. reading, even.

and yes i do know that metal originated in europe, i titled the thread "european metal" because its only gona discuss about european bands, not US metal bands. but the US has some metal bands as well, not that many, but we still do (ex: SLAYER, DEATH, PANTERA). the leftovers are the metalcore little bitches. so you need some reality put into your head and shake it really quick, cuz it seems like its hard to knock some sense into that head of yours.

Offline rv2underground

European metal
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2005, 01:45:42 PM »
what happened kid...schools out again? first off i don't give a flying [strawberry] about your idol who you probably dream about every night you go to sleep after your mom tucks you in bed. second...stop stealing other's personality...if u don't know what i'm talking about...(i'm pretty sure you don't so i wouldnt bother explaining the whole thing to you)

now that you got a reply, go finish your homework and i'll buy you a candy when your done.

Offline idespisehumanity

European metal
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2005, 01:51:44 PM »
haha how many personal attacks was that?! im soooo huuuuuurt. yeah thats what i f*cking thought.. gets caught up with his own [gooey brown stuff], how hurtful.

and do you even know how old i am to be saying sh*t like that? no. try again.

no wait... dont bother, cuz obviously youve got nothing smart to say.

and "stealing someone's personality?" .... HAHAHAHA! thats classic. in a sad and pathetic kind of way.

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
European metal
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2005, 05:52:56 PM »
steps away..  :roll:

Offline the_rejects02

• Netizen Level
European metal
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2005, 05:14:31 AM »
Quote from: jack in a vox
steps away..  :roll:

some people can be so narrow minded, yet they call themselves a "metalhead" *cough cough*

but yeah, european black metal is really f*cking sweet... cuz most of the bands now in US are [strawberry] "nu-metal" bands who doesnt know how to play the guitar for shiz.

Offline fretburner

• Philmusicus Addictus
European metal
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2005, 11:05:37 AM »
i like helloween.
"We all come in from the cold
We come down from the wire
'Nd everybody warms themselves to a different fire..."

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
European metal
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2005, 01:41:34 PM »
i don't know what the other guy was so angry about though..

and i always stay away from confrontation :mrgreen:

Offline the_rejects02

• Netizen Level
European metal
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2005, 08:53:41 PM »
yea well i understand where idespisehumanity is coming from.

BLACK SABBATH!

now thats the forefathers of metal... if any1 says that they're awesome because of ozzy, im gona kick their ass.

Offline idespisehumanity

European metal
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2005, 09:04:22 PM »
^hell yea, black sabbath are the greatest. and i agree to that statement also that black sabbath isnt great because of OZZY. ozzy would have been no one without black sabbath... ozzy did [gooey brown stuff], thats why he got kicked out, from what i heard.

o and btw, to all of u that think black sabbath was the first metal band they wernt..

the first band notted to use the term metal was steppenwolf...

black sabbath is just the roots of everything metal today..

metal, not metalcore or nu-metal :lol:

Offline fretburner

• Philmusicus Addictus
European metal
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2005, 11:48:42 PM »
"now thats the forefathers of metal... if any1 says that they're awesome because of ozzy, im gona kick their ass."

"hell yea, black sabbath are the greatest. and i agree to that statement also that black sabbath isnt great because of OZZY. ozzy would have been no one without black sabbath... ozzy did [gooey brown stuff], thats why he got kicked out, from what i heard. "

>>> first of, OZZY has to be among the greatest and best songwriters there is... just read his lyrics if you can't stand his singing... most of black sabbath's songs were by OZZY... and he didn't get kicked out because he suck... it's because of substance abuse and he was going crazy from the death of his father...

secondly, black sabbath was going downhill when ozzy got booted out despite ronnie james dio (i like the guy and vivian campbell too) being a far superior vocalist (yes, better throat, not the better songwriter).

third, ozzy bounced back with randy rhoads and has been and still is kicking ass today with zakk wylde!

i just wanna set the facts straight.

i love iommi... he's one riff meister... geezer butler and bill ward are like john paul jones and john bonham... but black sabbath is not black sabbath without ozzy!

think about a scenario:

on one stage ozzy and zakk wylde...

and on another,

"black sabbath" with ronnie james dio...

who do you think would kick more asses?

oh, by the way, led zeppelin was "labeled" metal before sabbat came along

Offline idespisehumanity

European metal
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2005, 04:54:21 AM »
^^yeah, thats right... ozzy was the greatest songwriter in there, you can tell if you have listened to walpurgis.. its the original version of warpigs, but it ddint get promoted since it was so evil (i might post the lyrics later on), ronnie james dio can sing very well but not the greatest writer (as you said).

but i really like ronnie james dio, gotta give him mad credits, cuz without him... we dont have the metal salute >>> \m/ <<<

and as the answer for your question... sabbath with ozzy and zakk wylde would kick more ass, no question about that.

and youre right about that led zeppelin thing, but that was the metal 'before; that influenced other bands, dont get me wrong...LED ZEPPELIN IS GREAT :)

so yeah i got a little contradicted on my previous post, haha... but i agree, man.. thank you for correcting me :)

Offline fretburner

• Philmusicus Addictus
European metal
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2005, 09:56:33 AM »
I love DIO... "holy diver" is one of my favorite songs... viv campbell is just awesome... i don't know why he's got to leave dio though... dio was a whole lot better when campbell was still around... he's guitarist now isn't really high profile but i still have his albums though... same with ALICE COPPER -- the original SHOCK ROCKER!

LED ZEPPELIN is just awesome! I love jimmy page more than jimi hendrix... and their shows are just amazing! damn, i love watching those dvds!

idespisehumanity, you better check out the band HELLOWEEN. They the more aggresive version of Iron Maiden.

Offline idespisehumanity

European metal
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2005, 06:41:50 AM »
yea ive listened to them before, i like that song "heavy metal is the law" and "a tale that wasnt right"... their music is brilliant :)

Heavy Metal is the law that keeps us all united free
A law that shatters earth and hell
Heavy Metal can't be beaten by any dynasty
We're all wizards fightin' with our spell
[/i]

Offline rv2underground

European metal
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2005, 01:29:01 PM »
ozzy never! ima gonna say it again NEVER wrote any of the black sabbath songs neither did he in his solo career. it was geezer who wrote their songs. ozzy's only job was the vocal melodies. even in his solo career, it was bob dainstley (bassist) who wrote the lyrics for ozzy. cuz rhandy rhodes was neither a lyricist also.

then...zakk did most of the things after rhandy's death when he replaced him. ozzy even asked some lesser known artists to write for him. so calling him a great lyricist is unfair for those who truly really wrote the lyrics since he never really wrote anything at all...but he is one of the best artists in terms of coming up with vocal melodies.

Offline fretburner

• Philmusicus Addictus
European metal
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2005, 05:17:53 PM »
^^ dude, you should really quit on reading rumors and tabloids all over the net.

ozzy already won the case against bob daisley.

and ozzy's name is still on most of sabbath's songs and iommi and butler aren't squealing. :)

Offline rv2underground

European metal
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2005, 02:41:59 AM »
how could it be rumors when it was bob dainsley himself who said in interviews he wrote the songs. one of the reasons he lost the case was because of the copyrights, on paper, yes it says ozzy but in reality he never really wrote the lyrics..another one is because ozzy brought bob to the top, he brought him in the business. before he even met ozzy he was just playing in small clubs so he's really got no say at the time. ozzy said he wrote the song 'suicide solution' in honor of bon scott but the truth is it was bob dainsley who wrote the song and ozzy's only contribution was one line saying 'wine is fine but whiskey is better'...that song was written because ozzy came up with the idea just like every song he claims he wrote.

...if you own those 'remastered' ozzy stuff. then most definitely you will see his name everywhere.

Offline fretburner

• Philmusicus Addictus
European metal
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2005, 09:29:02 AM »
that song was written because ozzy came up with the idea just like every song he claims he wrote.

>>> using your logic, this means that ozzy didn't write "black sabbath" because he wrote the lyrics and geezer came up with the idea?

ideas are not songs when they aren't written. and if you are not an instrumentalist, then those songs better have lyrics. that's when ozzy came in early on with sabbath.

iommi, butler and ward aren't complaining. i don't know why you are.

maybe too you can explain why sabbath was going down when they booted ozzy?

and even then, who wrote songs to the "no more tears" album?

Offline rv2underground

European metal
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2005, 05:49:22 AM »
technically, gzr wrote the lyrics, ozzy gave him ideas and the vocal melodies. so if u would put that on the paper u would have to put both their names or better yet the whole band. that's why you see all of their names on records. but the most important thing is iommi owns the name 'black sabbath' otherwise ozzy's money-whore, spotlight hogging, publicity hungry wife would [strawberry] up everything black sabbath did and its legacy

...as far as black sabbath's career w/ dio. black sabbath is not black sabbath when one of the orginal members is missing. it's like when the beatles broke up since after john lennon was killed. just imagine the beatles playing w/o john lennon or somebody else filling for him. that's the same thing with sabbath.

Offline fretburner

• Philmusicus Addictus
European metal
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2005, 10:09:48 AM »
technically, gzr wrote the lyrics, ozzy gave him ideas and the vocal melodies. so if u would put that on the paper u would have to put both their names or better yet the whole band. that's why you see all of their names on records.

>>> well, geezer certainly said he gave ozzy the ideas and ozzy wrote the lyrics in his interview in "the last supper".

so you might recheck with your sources?

but the most important thing is iommi owns the name 'black sabbath' otherwise ozzy's money-whore, spotlight hogging, publicity hungry wife would [strawberry] up everything black sabbath did and its legacy

>>> why are you so pissed of with people making money?

are you pissed of with rolling stones for hitting over a billion too?

...as far as black sabbath's career w/ dio. black sabbath is not black sabbath when one of the orginal members is missing. it's like when the beatles broke up since after john lennon was killed. just imagine the beatles playing w/o john lennon or somebody else filling for him. that's the same thing with sabbath.

>>> well, your logic was, ozzy is a nobody in black sabbath. now you recognize his importance? aren't you contradicting yourself?

Offline rv2underground

European metal
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2005, 12:11:11 PM »
i see...ur just looking for an argument here. fyi i too own the last supper so stfu with your one and only basis besides the internet which you probably get all your information from since you don't have any friends at all to talk with.

about the money thing...you're probably one of those people who watch the osbournes. see, you dont get it, seeing ozzy like that on tv making a complete moron out of himself is just wrong...hosting awards night, appearing on tv shows, waving hi to Bush at the White House...that's not the ozzy we know.

...and could you please "quote" my statement where i indirectly  said "ozzy was a nobody" in sabbath.

I'm expecting you quoting my every paragraph in your next comment...if you're gonna do that, do me a favor, just do something more important than that so you don't waste a minute of your time for I have wasted some of mine already arguing with a high schooler-walking [sausage] with fingers like yourself.

Offline jpbonham

• Philmusicus Noobitus
European metal
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2005, 09:22:55 AM »
sup? definitely check out MESHUGGAH. they are from sweden and they are awesome. it will definitely open up your mind into a whole new level of music. kepp on rockin...peace