hulika

Author Topic: i admit ...  (Read 10135 times)

Offline ..]pUpilOpOliS[..

• Philmusicus Noobitus
i admit ...
« on: February 02, 2006, 11:53:20 PM »
pano po ba magpaiyak ng gitara ?
sabi nila ung hand na may hawak sa pick ung ga2wa nun eh ..
pro ayaw tlga eh !
sa ampli po ba ung pgiging "ma-feedback" ng gitara ?
o sa volume ?
ano ang mga klase ng distortion ?
parang mas madali kumapa ng kantang may distortion para saken kesa sa mga wala ...wla kc halos melody eh ...hehehehe!
pls pkisagot nmn po oh !
t y
godbless !!

\m/
..]the 90's 4ever!long live eraserheads!!]..

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
i admit ...
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 12:06:53 AM »
Ah, pinch harmonic ang tawag dun. Tama ang sabi sa 'yo, picking hand ang mas may control dun. Yung gilid ng thumb na may hawak ng pick eh dapat mag-contact sa string na gusto mong paiyakin, very light and brief contact lang. Para ka bang nag mute with the side of your thumb. But instead of heavy muting you would do it  very lightly and very quickly, synchronised with your downstroke.
Also, mas madali nga pag may distortion with high gain. Kung saang fret position mo gagawin yun also contributes to the amplitude of the harmonic.
Research ka lang sa web, bro. Google mo lang ang keyword na 'pinch harmonic'.

Offline markthevirtuoso

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: i admit ...
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 02:04:36 AM »
Quote from: ..]pUpilOpOliS[..
pro ayaw tlga eh !
o sa volume ?
parang mas madali kumapa ng kantang may distortion para saken kesa sa mga wala ...wla kc halos melody eh ...hehehehe!
pls pkisagot nmn po oh !
t y
godbless !!

\m/

i see that you're here in dubai. San ka dito nakatira? :D

BTW, madali lang yang pinch harmonic kung medyo mataas ang gain mo. ALthough pag sanay ka na, kahit minimal ang gain mo iiyak parin. :D
Fidelity means a horrible noise sounds like a horrible noise.

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
i admit ...
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 02:13:58 AM »
Mag paiyak... hhmm... set the distortion level max... then drop your guitar, headstock first. That will not only make your guitar cry, but you as well, hahaha :lol:

Loko lang. Tama yong mga sinabi ni Bart at Mark. Take their word for it. That's the most common way to make a guitar cry, of course the amount of distortion level will set how much crying your guitar will do.

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
i admit ...
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 02:34:30 AM »
I have a different way of doing it....I've heard it done by Paul Gilbert...sounds like a baby crying....really cool when you apply it slow blues....and it's not harmonics of any kind :wink:
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline yayo-gakk

• Netizen Level
i admit ...
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 03:00:10 AM »
pinch harmonics, much better result if u use hi-gain distortion and guitar's bridge pick-up when ur doin it- IMHO :D

Offline fingertapper1

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 06:00:46 AM »
Quote from: ..]pUpilOpOliS[..
pro ayaw tlga eh !
o sa volume ?
pls pkisagot nmn po oh !
t y
godbless !!

\m/

tama po lahat ng sinabi dito. right after tumama ng pic mo sa string ay instantaneously na tatama ang skin sa thumb mo... mga fraction of a second lang pagitan mo and isang picking motion lang siya.

mas maganda nga kung gagawin mo to ng mataas ang gain at nakakatulong din ang konting vibrato or bending kahit mga 1/2 step lang sa left or fretting hand mo.

mas mahahasa ka gumamit nito pag metal tugtugan mo although pwede namin gamitin to sa kahit anong genre.

sa una malamang di mo pa mapapatunog makakachamba ka siguro nga pa isa-isa hanggang at will mo nang nagagawa. and dadating ang time pag sanay na sanay ka na eh kahit naka clean ka or acoustic eh kaya mo pa rin mag pinch harmonics.

ako naman gusto ko matutunan ung pinch ni petrucci sa may 5th at 6th string kakaiba ung tunog eh... sanay lang ako sa higher strings mga 1st to 4th...

Offline TRISOMY 21

• Netizen Level
i admit ...
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 08:00:05 AM »
eto lng yan.. kurutin mo sa singit un gitara para umiyak!  :lol:  joke

seriously, tama sila, ganun un process but you may find it diffcult to apply, pratice lng yan bro sa una muted ang tunog pero pag nakuha mo na tuloy tuloy na ang saya, sarap ksing pakinggan nya lalo na pag  metal or rock ang tugtugan

on the other hand you might also want to consider the pitch, ksi iba iba ang pitch nyan depending sa distance ng finger sa bridge.

try listening to songs na merong pinch harmonics. i would recommend pantera's cemetary gates as one of the songs you can practice that.

Offline Godin

• Board Moderator
i admit ...
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2006, 11:35:32 AM »
try listening to ritchie sambora.

Offline ..]pUpilOpOliS[..

• Philmusicus Noobitus
i admit ...
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2006, 03:32:42 PM »
slamat sa inyo mga dudes!
hahaha!
welcome ako d2 ah ..
wel,d2 nga aq sa dubai nktira..
3rd yr highschool lang ..
tnx tlga sa 2long nio ...

\m/
..]the 90's 4ever!long live eraserheads!!]..

Offline TRISOMY 21

• Netizen Level
i admit ...
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2006, 01:28:59 AM »
no problem bro, welcom k tlga d2, i was also in 3rd year HS when i tried to learn pinch harmonics  8)

Offline renz_sui

• Forum Fanatic
i admit ...
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2006, 02:02:23 PM »
Practice first on G string esp. on the 7th and the 12th fret. Dun ko unang napalabas yun. Then try it on the wound strings. lol happy guitar crying session! :D Pinakamahirap para sakin yung dulong dalawang string. Up to now palya parin ako dun sa dulong dalawa.

Offline oasgomez-is-banned

• Forum Fanatic
i admit ...
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2006, 04:34:15 PM »
I love Ritchie Sambora's Solo to Dead Or Alive which for me is a perfect example of pinch harmonics. Perfect because it conveys a certain feel of aggression and tension.  The executional problem comes when you have a fretted note and you want to produce a pinch harmonic different from the fretted note.  You then have to imagine where the fundamental nodes on the string lie in relation to the fretted note, for example hahanapin mo kung saan na ang node para sa half the string which is easy but for the equivalent 3rd, 5th, 7th, 2.3th etc.  Finally, in addition to what was said above about distortion and gain, I would say a Bareknuckles set of pickups would help because generate harmonic, so far in my experience, it is the only set of pickups that are sensitive to note overtones that it makes it easier to do pinch harmonics.  Put on a rich sounding guitar with the right amount of gain, it can do pinch harmonics without the player having to know the fundamental node positions.

Offline fretburner

• Philmusicus Addictus
i admit ...
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2006, 05:44:56 PM »
it's in the hands. but yes, a good amount of gain and bending would help when you are learning it. you will know when you've mastered it already when you can hit it anywhere on a classical guitar. good luck!
"We all come in from the cold
We come down from the wire
'Nd everybody warms themselves to a different fire..."

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
i admit ...
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2006, 05:49:19 PM »
Quote from: fretburner
it's in the hands.
I agree. I don't even need a lot of gain.....just a matter of getting used to.
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline fretburner

• Philmusicus Addictus
i admit ...
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2006, 06:16:17 PM »
also, once you've nailed your pinch harmonics that way, try to do it with up-picks.
"We all come in from the cold
We come down from the wire
'Nd everybody warms themselves to a different fire..."

Offline Godin

• Board Moderator
i admit ...
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2006, 08:59:58 PM »
si zakk wylde ayos din mag pinch harmonics.

Offline kanshooter

i admit ...
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2006, 10:46:54 PM »
Listen to Steel Dragon's tracks...Zakk Wylde did all the pinch harmonic stuffs there......and it is really damn squealing!!!

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
i admit ...
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2006, 01:40:43 AM »
si Eddie Van Halen ang master ng pinch harmonics! he does all kinds of harmonics and naturally blends it with his usual sextuplet tapping runs. magandang practice sa pinch harmonics is yung measure before the start of the guitar solo sa "Right Now" from Van Halen's For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge album. he's fretting the same note but different locations sa pickups (e.g. bridge area, then mid, neck, etc.) yung pag-pinch harmonic nya kaya iba-ibang note ang lumalabas. try it :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
i admit ...
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2006, 01:42:25 AM »
by the way, yung fretted note nya is C# sa 2nd string (2nd fret) :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline Godin

• Board Moderator
i admit ...
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2006, 11:34:21 AM »
si dimebag sa cementery gates.. twisted metal! hehe galing

Offline Ben Tsing Co

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2017, 04:55:33 PM »
Kamusta na TS? Napaiyak mo na ba ang gitara mo  :?
“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Offline lockzackary

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2017, 05:25:34 PM »
sampung taon na mahigit

sana bati na sila

Offline shoegaze geezer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2017, 07:10:08 PM »
lazarus has risen. hahaha.
"I look at yours, you laugh at mine. And love is just a miserable lie"

Offline nicoyow

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2017, 08:50:18 PM »
HAHAHAHA dang loko ng necro bump
Sa pinipig, bukod sa pwede mo singhutin, pwede mo rin tikman.