hulika

Author Topic: Alin mas Mura at Practical: Buy here? Or order abroad?  (Read 4055 times)

Offline Bammbamm

• Philmusicus Addictus
Alin mas Mura at Practical: Buy here? Or order abroad?
« on: September 14, 2006, 12:27:14 PM »
Mag pa-ship ng item galing abroad (mail order) o dito nlang sa pinas bumili?

Halimbawa, cymbals o drumkit...Malaki ba matitipid,o konti lang ang difference sa price?

Salamatski!

*Title edited by Moderator.
So Be It.

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 12:31:53 PM »
for me, kung available dito yun na bibilin ko.

kung wala dito, order abroad.

mas mura kasi at less hassle pag dito binili...sa drums ha...ibang istorya sa cymbals

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 02:12:10 PM »
bakit iba sa cymbals?

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 04:06:16 PM »
mas mura magpaship ng cymbals e

sa drums kasi kapag bass drum na meron ng oversized freight charge na additional. just imagine the # of boxes too

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 04:13:49 PM »
Mas mura kaya kung bumili ako ng cymbals sa music123.com kapag may sale sila?

Offline Bammbamm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 06:14:45 PM »
Salamat mga bro! :D
So Be It.

Offline crazy_beautiful

Re: Alin mas Mura at Practical: Buy here? Or order abroad?
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 04:24:03 PM »
pano ba kayo umoorder online? :) tska magkano inaabot ang shipping fee?

Online Akira JUMBO

• good vibrations
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 07:42:51 PM »
pano ba kayo umoorder online? :) tska magkano inaabot ang shipping fee?

Ma'm ordering online through credit card..shipping is indicated on the sites but not all offer international shipping..if that is the case it would be better if you know someone who resides in the country where the website can ship and your contact person will be the one to ship it to you..Fedex, UPS, etc.. :lol:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 09:38:42 AM by Akira JUMBO »
DRUM.ROOM drum items for sale click here

Offline jpmb

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 09:07:52 AM »
for me, kung available dito yun na bibilin ko.

kung wala dito, order abroad.

mas mura kasi at less hassle pag dito binili...sa drums ha...ibang istorya sa cymbals

yeah i agree with peeves..if its available here then buy it here..if not or theres no way for it to be available locally then buy it abroad..hope that helps

Offline bangbus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 06:08:34 PM »
in my experience, the cheapest way around shipping is to have a relative based in the country where you want to buy your items from use balikbayan boxes-pinoy shipping services based in that specific country. although there is a 4-6-week layover, u only pay for the shipping costs, no taxes or whatsoever so long as the items are declared as "personal" and "used" and not intended for commercial or trade purposes. door to door. having said all these, please also be wary of dodgy pinoy shipping services and rely on established and notable ones. in the USA, i can vouch for Manila Forwarders and Highlights Express as i've been using them most of the time. they have different rates for various box sizes and types (carton or crate). they can provide you with styro, packing tapes, bubble wraps for free if you know how to play your cards right.

here's a sample scenario of how i go about it:

1. buy from website or ebay.
2. pay item and local shipping by credit card or paypal
3. have the item shipped to my bro, cousin, or whichever relative is free to hassle.
4. either i or my relative will call the pinoy shipping service to negotiate shipping and schedule box and packing tape etc delivery
5. pack items into box securely and label all sides with sender and recipient details
6. book pick up of package from pinoy courier
7. wait for 4-6 weeks for delivery at home.
8. take delivery, open box, inspect, happy boy with new toys!

sample price: 40-50usd for 18"x18"x16" box, delivered door to door within metro manila, usually includes box, packing tape, bubble wrap, styro (depending on your negotiation and needs).

at 50usd and 3 cu ft of box, imagine the number of items you can put in there and your savings for shipping despite the 4-6-week wait.

they have other box sizes and types for your needs as well.

some items i have shipped through them: drum kit, wheels for cars, drum accessories, cymbals, car parts like bumpers and boot lid/ hoods etc. all items arrived in perfect condition and i never experienced any problems with em.

note: im simply sharing my personal experience and not advicing or recommending anything. you are responsible for what you make out of this. kindly act in your own best interest and discretion.

:-)

Offline bangbus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 06:19:31 PM »
in addition, if you're skeptical about the above-mentioned approach, neither have a credit card nor a relative in the item 'source' country, you can employ the international item purchase and shipping services of individuals like Vinci or vincher (fellow forumer).

i've never tried his service out but when i inquired, he's offering to purchase and ship the items for you based on an agreed [item cost plus certain percentage for shipping and tax]

protocol:

1. discuss and negotiate costing and terms with Vincher
2. make a deposit
3. provide the link to the website/item you want to purchase.
4. he will purchase it for you
5. wait for delivery
6. pay balance upon delivery/collection

- shipping layover: more or less 45days
- full refund for loss/damage (as far as im aware, nonetheless correct me if im wrong)

note: again im simply sharing what i know and not advicing or recommending anything. you are responsible for what you make out of this. kindly act in your own best interest and discretion.

:mrgreen:

Offline suspendead

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2007, 08:47:48 PM »
Dami talagang alam ni Bangbus... Nice to know this things, now I know where to get things that I want hehehe, Thanks bro...
" I HEAR VOICES AND THEY DON'T LIKE YOU "

Offline bangbus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 06:50:57 AM »
Dami talagang alam ni Bangbus... Nice to know this things, now I know where to get things that I want hehehe, Thanks bro...

ah hehe, di naman, just sharing my experience lang bro.

im not tryin to say that its all too easy and simple rin to buy and ship from abroad. there's always the risk of losing or damaging your shipment.

so if youre one who likes to take risks every now and then for the sake of getting around other expensive offerings,
then this is one of those approaches.

Offline bangbus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2008, 07:34:39 AM »
if its avail locally at a competitive price, i settle for whats easily accessible. however if an item i need is unavailable or horribly expensive locally, i really source outside.

here's how i go about shippin some of my stuff. whether its for drums, cars, books, clothes, pambenta etc. basta lampas sa 35kg baggage weight limit ng flight, shi-ship ko kahit na fragile or mahal...bahala na si batman kinda mentality.

Step 1: Buy online or wherever, basta mura!

Step 2: Deliver to my address abroad

Step 3: Contact my pinoy courier and requests for crates, boxes and packaging materials (kasama na sa bayad ng shipping ng courier ko), delivered after 2 days notice.

Step 4: Prepare all items to be packed. For example:

Offline bangbus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2008, 07:38:27 AM »
Step 5: Pack items securely. if walang avail na crate or like me--you forgot to request for a crate, improvise a protective housing for for the really fragile items. i picked up the wooden planks garbage of my neighbour and with the use of a jigsaw, hammer and nails ayan see for yourself, approx 30min job:

Offline bangbus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2008, 07:42:59 AM »
Step 6: Call pinoy courier and arrange for pick up and shipping

Step 7: On pick up day, fill up the sender's export declaration and packing list and pay the applicable shipping fees.

Step 8: Wait for 45 days! and hope that nothing gets lost or damaged on the way to your door in Manila.

Step 9: 45 or so days later you'd probably see some of the items being offered for sale on my for sale thread here (CLICK ME BABY), several other forums, classified listings and ebay.ph

while some items go on to their respective owners:

« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 07:45:27 PM by bangbus »

Offline FINGERZAP

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2008, 12:13:59 PM »
Kung available rin lang yung product dito, bilhin mo na dito...

BUT.. (there's a big but)

...wait mo muna until it's on sale at 30% less!

Napansin ko, generally kapag 30% off mga items (especially drum items), comparable na rin sa mga US online retailers yung price. Actually medyo mataas pa rin ng konti dito pero ok na yun (just think of that as the shipping/taxes fee). At least wala yung risk na defective yung product na marereceive mo since you can inspect it before purchase. Wala na rin yung risk of lost items while shipping. Atsaka di na kailangang manghingi ng favor sa mga relatives (which pag minsan, nakakahiya).

Remember, not 10%, not 20%, but wait for 30% off, ok?  :evil:

Offline waterfallbubinga

• Netizen Level
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2008, 06:44:31 PM »
hala magagalit sayo mga local retailers niyan!
baka mamaya lahat umorder na lang sa abroad. :lol:

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Offline zildjianmehraj

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2008, 10:10:40 AM »
I think its more practical to buy it here,if its available in phil ,coz may be you can even try it ,before buying it!
BAND EQUIPMENT,LIGHTS AND AUDIO ,BAND PERFORMERS , FOR HIRE
, www.facebook.com/redthreadband ,
Or call txt us @ 09238587288  ,,2454679,6646802 Weddings, Debuts , Corporate events

Offline bangbus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2008, 07:26:17 PM »
i truly agree that there are lots of advantages in gettin items locally where possible and price competitive. being able to 'test' or take advantage of sale prices locally are really attractive points to consider. its true that di rin ok pag mag hassle ka pa ng ibang tao to go out of their way to accommodate your intention to buy abroad. but if you can do it yourself (are abroad), see and test it out, mas mura pa rin after shipping costs, willing to wait for shipment delivery, and can stomach risks of loss or damage whilst in transit, then buying abroad and shippin could be an option.

@waterfallbubinga: i dont see anything about what i mentioned as being illegal or immoral. Door-to-door Pinoy shipping is a legitimate privilege and part of bilateral trading agreements organised by our government with other nations to provide assistance to Pinoys overseas.

Best regards

Offline tonybagyo is a banned mofo

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2008, 10:30:43 PM »
mas mura ang mag ipon,, puro gastos iniisip nyo,,.. maging masinop!!!!! maging kuripot!!!!!!!
ang lakas mo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br />for sale: house and lot ( payatas village)<br />for trade: nokia 5110 ( brandnew)

Offline waterfallbubinga

• Netizen Level
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2008, 06:47:15 PM »
mas mura ang mag ipon,, puro gastos iniisip nyo,,.. maging masinop!!!!! maging kuripot!!!!!!!

Medyo off topic comment yata at nakalimutan mo indicate OT?

Yung tanong po sa thread na ito ay: Alin mas Mura at Practical:  Buy here?  Or order abroad?

:?
aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Offline intake

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2008, 08:35:04 AM »

STFU tonybagyo  :-)

bangbus - OT: wow! Ksport? i like  :-D

although medyo risky ang pagbili sa internet, may 99% chance naman na masusulit yung binayaran mo  :-D ang kailangan lang talaga is alam mo yung bibilan mo at alam mo din yung product na binebenta  :wink:

nga pala, sa mga nabili ng cymbals sa internet, anu ang mererecommend niyo?

gusto kong bumili sa Guitar Center eh baka malaki naman ang tubo nila..watcha think?
Laptop = $600
DSL = $30/month
Locked threads @ AGT sub forums = PRICELESS :D

Offline drummerboy827

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2008, 09:54:30 AM »
Daming rich!!
"Fast practice = slow progress"
"Slow practice = fast progress"