hulika

Author Topic: Gear Hunting Around the World:A collection of places where to go for gear!  (Read 31706 times)

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Gear Hunting Around the World:A collection of places where to go for gear!
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2015, 12:24:13 AM »
up!
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline accento24

« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2015, 04:24:01 PM »
Sa mga magpupunta ng Dubai, go to fish roundabout sa may Deira, maraming mga music stores dun, mga authorized dealers ng epiphone, Gibson, fender, ibanez, Roland, korg at marami pang iba. Meron din sa may jumeirah lake towers, yung musician supply Dubai and musician warehouse Dubai...For washburns and tokais, go to the shop across the Deira City Centre.

Since tax free sa Dubai, mura mga gears plus may mga pinoy na sales persons kaya madaling makipagdeal.

Offline jajacabel

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2015, 07:24:04 PM »
Sa mga magpupunta ng Dubai, go to fish roundabout sa may Deira, maraming mga music stores dun, mga authorized dealers ng epiphone, Gibson, fender, ibanez, Roland, korg at marami pang iba. Meron din sa may jumeirah lake towers, yung musician supply Dubai and musician warehouse Dubai...For washburns and tokais, go to the shop across the Deira City Centre.

Since tax free sa Dubai, mura mga gears plus may mga pinoy na sales persons kaya madaling makipagdeal.
Sayang naman. We went to dubai a year ago for more than 2 weeks. Sa may bur juman lang kmi :/

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2015, 02:54:53 AM »

Awesooome!!!! Thanks for sharing!
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline accento24

Sayang naman. We went to dubai a year ago for more than 2 weeks. Sa may bur juman lang kmi :/

Ay sayang naman, lapit pa naman ng burjuman. Malapit yung fish roundabout sa al ghurair mall.

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
up
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Just got back from Japan last week. While I would normally go to Shinjuku or Ochanomizu to window shop for gear, I discovered that Ikebukuro also has its share of big guitar shops namely:
1. Ishibashi - one of the biggest Ishibashis I've been too
2. Ikebe-Gakki
3. Brown by Ikebe-Gakki - a separate store that specifically caters to the Acoustic enthusiasts
4. Key Music
5. G-Club - Nice used section at the basement with mid to high-end instruments and amps.

Addendum:
Except for G-Club, all of these stores are easy to find and a mere walking distance from the train station.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 01:44:53 PM by curiousdcat »

Offline jpdeleon20

Question po - bibili po kasi ako ng guitar sa singapore. Pag uwi ko po ba may babayaran akong tax or any other fees?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Question po - bibili po kasi ako ng guitar sa singapore. Pag uwi ko po ba may babayaran akong tax or any other fees?

Gear and other personal effects purchased abroad are taxable by law. Despite that, a lot of people here, including myself, have been lucky enough not to have been charged. Swertihan talaga so don't be surprised if you were unlucky enough to come across a customs officer that would ask you to pay duties. If ever, just hope na ma prinsipyo yung officer and hindi part ng kurakot. Good luck and have a safe gear hunting trip!  :)

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
Oh guys!

Any good stores to visit in Macao? I only found a Tom Lee online and another nondescript store, so I'm wondering if there are places that may be under the radar.

Thanks in advance!
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline dariusbabylon

• Forum Fanatic
Gear and other personal effects purchased abroad are taxable by law. Despite that, a lot of people here, including myself, have been lucky enough not to have been charged. Swertihan talaga so don't be surprised if you were unlucky enough to come across a customs officer that would ask you to pay duties. If ever, just hope na ma prinsipyo yung officer and hindi part ng kurakot. Good luck and have a safe gear hunting trip!  :)
Small pieces of gear - just carry in your bags nonchalantly.

Guitar with case - move like a rockstar, look straight ahead, don't talk but smile while handing over your customs "nothing to declare" form.

Offline Zacchary_amadeus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2015, 09:00:43 AM »
Rockbottom music store in croydon united kingdom, they sell preloved guitars
Like fender, ibanez, gibson les pauls and they even let pay for installment basis..
\"Why worry if you can pray\"

Offline tongski_02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2015, 01:42:34 AM »
Bentley Music in Damansara, Malaysia
http://www.bentleymusic.com

i remember meron din sa kuala lumpur. pero pinakamalaki nakita ko is sa Damansara.
lumanog > denio ds > hanabishi karaoke + hanabishi electric fan

Offline Zacchary_amadeus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2015, 08:57:04 AM »
 Also in denmark street in london.. Kabilaan ang music shops doon.. Branded guitars like fender, rickenbacker, gibson, ibanez, esp, fender, jackson, squier guitars..
\"Why worry if you can pray\"

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2015, 01:54:50 PM »
Just got back from Japan last week. While I would normally go to Shinjuku or Ochanomizu to window shop for gear, I discovered that Ikebukuro also has its share of big guitar shops namely:
1. Ishibashi - one of the biggest Ishibashis I've been too
2. Ikebe-Gakki
3. Brown by Ikebe-Gakki - a separate store that specifically caters to the Acoustic enthusiasts
4. Key Music
5. G-Club - Nice used section at the basement with mid to high-end instruments and amps.

Addendum:
Except for G-Club, all of these stores are easy to find and a mere walking distance from the train station.
Hey Jojo, thanks for sharing the info!

Going to Japan early next year and this will come in handy. by the way, where would you suggest to go and check out 2nd hand or brand new Fenders?

Offline knet370

« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2015, 01:58:12 PM »

Going to Japan early next year and this will come in handy. by the way, where would you suggest to go and check out 2nd hand or brand new Fenders?

ishibashi has plenty used or new. from japan exclusives to usa ones. they have plenty. super plenty. :)

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2015, 02:08:45 PM »
ishibashi has plenty used or new. from japan exclusives to usa ones. they have plenty. super plenty. :)
Thanks for the info.  :)

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2015, 02:23:34 PM »
japan ulit, since namention na ochanomizu at ishibashi...

hanapin nyo rin hardoff

http://tokyocheapo.com/shopping-2/hard-off-affordable-electronics-instruments-and-recycled-junk/

mas mura sa hardoff kesa ishibashi kasi hindi maintained yung guitars. hindi nga lang ganun karami yung inventory.

and by the way, kung bibili kayo mismo sa ishibashi, hindi lahat ng ishibashi nagbibigay ng foreigner discount (walang sales tax). yung main ubox store sa shinjuku area konti lang inventory, mas marami sa shibuya.

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2015, 02:50:08 PM »

Yo, Emil! Musta?  :)
Knet is right, Ishibashi carries a lot of Jap and US Fenders. While most stores would have Jap Fenders, not all would have US made ones. The one place to go to where they have the most pre-loved Fenders would be at G-Club based on my last visit. The second hand stuff is located at the basement if you're going to the branch near the Ikebukuro station.

japan ulit, since namention na ochanomizu at ishibashi...

hanapin nyo rin hardoff

http://tokyocheapo.com/shopping-2/hard-off-affordable-electronics-instruments-and-recycled-junk/

mas mura sa hardoff kesa ishibashi kasi hindi maintained yung guitars. hindi nga lang ganun karami yung inventory.

Didn't know about hardoff. Thanks for the info!

Most stores have "junk" guitars/basses for sale but pwede ng iuwi dito, have a guitar tech "fix" it and resell for lower the going rate here and tutubo ka pa!  :-D Yun lang nga, yung mga junk guitars are not your Fender, PRS or Gibson branded guitars. usually mga Tokai, SBMM, Aria, Jackson and LTDs were a few that I saw.

Offline vantonilin

Hi guys, just in case magawi kayo sa Nuremberg, Germany, try and visit Musik Klier. They have a good range of Fender and Ibanez guitars. Price-wise, they're more expensive. If you want to tryout some effects the place is quite conducive. They have separate rooms for Boss pedals/MultiFx and non Boss (Line 6, EHX, Zoom,  etc...)

Offline ajgg235

• Veteran Member
Any places for shopping in Hong Kong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A Les Paul is Like potato chips, you can't just have one.

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
Any places for shopping in Hong Kong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you lookin for second hand la pre but if new the usual Tom Lee stores. Parsons in Kornhill station has a sale going on now.
Beat MMM and Guitar Sofa are your other options.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 10:46:43 AM by pallas »
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
Also Tsang Fook in Eaton Hotel Nathan road is worth a visit.
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
This is a semi-detailed documentation of my visit in Feb 2016.

First thing off, as many would say if you're visiting Japan with the intent
of acquiring a guitar/bass or other musical instrument related items, Ochanomizu in Tokyo would be the place to visit.
But what if you're not going to Tokyo? What if Osaka was your destination?

NOTE: REMEMBER TO PRESENT YOUR PASSPORT TO GET TAX-FREE PRICING.

GUITAR SHOPPING IN OSAKA, JAPAN

Here's my semi-detailed guide to Osaka guitar hunting.
I learned that there are at least 3 areas in Osaka that you can visit
that has a small concentration of Musical instrument stores.

I. UMEDA

If you find yourself in the Northern area of the city, you can check out the shops in the Umeda area (business district), there you will find the Umeda branches of Miki Gakki and Ishibashi and one other small mom & pop shop.
unfortunately I didn't have enough time to visit Umeda so all I know is that there are the above mentioned stores.

But if you're in the central or southern part of the city, you'll find 5 stores to visit.

II. SHINSAIBASHI  - (Nagahori Dori side, northern end of Shinsaibashi)

if you're in a rush and you're in Shinsaibashi shopping with your family/group, this would be the perfect place to visit.
This one store along Shinsaibashi-suji is called Miki Gakki (Shinsaibashi branch).
this place is fairly easy to spot, it's beside UNIQLO and H&M at the northern entry point of Shinsaibashi which is along Nagahori Dori ave.

from what I can remember, they carry the following: Fender, Gibson, Greco, FGN, Moon, Aria. also check out their store exclusive
strap brand called "Selfish". you can ask them to mix and match different colored leather straps to your liking.

III. AMERICA-MURA (a.k.a. American Village)

If you have a lot of time on your hands, you MUST visit the place called America-Mura (American Village).
It's just West of Shinsaibashi (you'll need to cross Mido-suji ave.) There you will find 4 stores
all within a stone's throw away from each other.

AMERICA-MURA MUSICAL INSTRUMENT STORE GUIDE:

a. Ishibashi - the ever famous Musical instrument chain in Japan

GROUND FLOOR - everything and anything a guitarist may need, from entry level to high end electric guitars and basses
, strings, common and boutique pedals, strings, straps, and hard to find guitar parts and accessories. They have Fender, Squier, Gibson
Epiphone, Martin, a few 2nd hand stuff and other popular global brands.

2ND FLOOR - Acoustic/Jazz guitars and this is where you can have your instrument appraised and sold.

b. Music Land Key -

across the street from Ishibashi is a small department store and hidden at the 2nd floor is
this store, here you'll find a handful of boutique brands and local stuff. They also have a wide selection of brands but
I noticed that they have more local stuff compared to Ishibashi which would be great if youre looking to get the not so known stuff. I saw a Two-Rock amp and boutique priced gear. I saw handful of Custom shop Gibsons and Fenders and local high end brands.

c. Ikebe Music

- This place reminds me of Perfect Pitch and JB Music with aesthetics but without the ridiculous pricing, wasn't able to really look around this store but from what I can remember, they carry the ff: Fender, PRS and Bacchus and they have A LOT of Gigbags and hardcases. BUT
I was fortunate enough to get a glimpse of a small clinic/seminar of some sort conducted by a known local luthier at the 2nd floor.
I forgot the name of the guy but I took a pic of the activity at the 2ND floor.

d. Miki Gakki

- probably the biggest instrument store in America-mura, this place has 4 floors full of awe-inspiring gear.
here you will find the same stuff you'll find in the branch in Shinsaibashi and a whole lot more. here I noticed that
they have a pretty great balance of imported and local products, and also they have the WIDEST range of guitars
from entry level brands all the way to rare vintage and boutique level instruments. I saw Squier, (vintage Fender), FGN,
Bacchus, Moon, Greco, Aria, Anderson, Mayones, Gretsch, Rozeo, Reverend, Warwick, Vanzandt, Rickenbacker, Vintage Epiphone, Vintage National, RS Guitarworks,
and a whole lot more brands I can't remember. they also have a great amount of parts and accessories.

MIKI GAKKI AMERICA-MURA divides their store in sections by floor as listed below:

GROUND FLOOR - USED/ OUTLET ELECTRIC GUITAR/ AMP/ PEDALS/ ACCESSORIES

2ND FLOOR - USED/ VINTAGE & HIGH END BASS

3RD FLOOR - USED/ VINTAGE & RARE ELECTRIC GUITAR

4TH FLOOR - ACOUSTIC FLAT/ ARCH TOP JAZZ GUITAR

One thing I really loved is that at every floor, they all have a certain aesthetic and they have pipe-in music that perfectly represents each floor.

REMEMBER TO PRESENT YOUR PASSPORT TO GET TAX-FREE PRICING.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 10:13:31 AM by shodawmoon »

Offline darksyde_brianne

what about sa Malaysia mga sir.? may alam po aku mga bilihan ?
ngresearch kc ako sa internet pero parang konti lng ang choices...

mg-work kc ako sa Malaysia pa-alis na sa Sat
thanks sa mga makaka-suggest