hulika

Author Topic: need your advice!!  (Read 6536 times)

Offline leech

• Philmusicus Addictus
need your advice!!
« on: April 04, 2006, 11:41:20 AM »
what would u choose?  damage control demonizer , valveboy, ds1 ultra(keeley mod)? im really after the thick, heavy thug distortion sound....(diko ma explain pero gusto ko yung mabigat talagang tunog)... may metalzone combined with OD ako pero i just dont like how it sounds during solos... and also... what do you think about the BBE boosta grande clean boost effect pedal?  need your opinions please...salamat! :D
...the strong take from the weak...but the wise take from the strong...

Offline jun_gats

• Philmusicus Addictus
need your advice!!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 12:27:43 PM »
tulong daw mga us boys natin :D kayo lng makakapag kumento dyan  :D

Offline leech

• Philmusicus Addictus
need your advice!!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 02:38:01 PM »
hehe!! oo nga!! U.S. boys....please read.... :D

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
need your advice!!
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 03:04:29 PM »
I would choose between the DS-1 and the Demonizer running through a BBE. Ang problema lang is I don't know what your amp is , pero you can combine the amp gain and pedal gain to produce a solo tone that you might like. Maka vouch ako sa keeley na smooth ang distortion pero I don't know how heavy you are looking the resulting tone to be. the BBE will give you a cutting tone that you can adjust and blend with a bit of lo end.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline leech

• Philmusicus Addictus
need your advice!!
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 03:18:01 PM »
btw my amp is a marshall valvestate 8040, but im also eyeing on a tube amp prefferably a carvin or a peavy with the same or higher wattage... so talagang indispensable ang bbe to get a more clear tone.... kasi i also have a GE7 sa effects chain... ok lang kaya pag samahin yung GE7 and BBE?

about soloing.... hindi ba numinipis ang sound ng demonizer?

Offline markflo

Re: need your advice!!
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 02:36:09 AM »
Quote from: leech
what would u choose?  damage control demonizer , valveboy, ds1 ultra(keeley mod)? im really after the thick, heavy thug distortion sound....(diko ma explain pero gusto ko yung mabigat talagang tunog)... may metalzone combined with OD ako pero i just dont like how it sounds during solos... and also... what do you think about the BBE boosta grande clean boost effect pedal?  need your opinions please...salamat! :D

i can only review the 2 latter pedals...the ds-1 keeley is pretty much a "marshall in a box"...real heavy but non-metal distortion...humihinga yugn distortion niya...makapal siya...

yung valveboy naman, depende sa tubes na ikabit mo, but over all...it's an overdrive, not a distortion...so yung bigat niya similar sa ds-1 keeley , iba lang voicing

demonizer looks good...but it's kinda too expensive...might as well save a few more and buy a nice amp...heheh
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
need your advice!!
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 04:42:09 AM »
Quote from: leech
hehe!! oo nga!! U.S. boys....please read.... :D

US boy here, hehe. Ok. Heres my take on it.

1) DS-1 Keeley mod, I have. Like what Markflo said, "MARSHALL IN A BOX". Pretty cool for crunch and lead but not chug-a-chug-a sound. Mainly classic sound with an edge to me. From tame to angry with a twist of your guitar volume knob. Kinda like a modded Marshall.

2) Metal Zone (MT2) Keeley mode, I have. 80's metal to grind core nu-metal. Heavy chug sound. You have to listen to this pedal in a higher volume setting to get the real feel of it. You said yo have the GE7. I use the GE7 as a booster and to tailor to sound at the same time. I usually add a little bass to the boost/lead setting.

3) ValveBoy. I tried that out and I must say, It's a good pedal for it's purpose. From clean to nasty. You can get a real high gain grind nu-metal sound. Similar to a Mesa Rectifier. The only thing I noticed is that it adds too much bass to the sound. Some people like it, others don't. I'd go for this but it's too expensive for me, hehe.

4)Demonizer control. Haven't tried it yet so I have no comment.

5) BBE Boosta Grande. Haven't tried it yet so no comment.

When I'm not able to use my own amp I use the DS-1 - MT-2 - GE7 combo. I get a wide variety of sound. Fulltone Fulldrive 2 is another dirt pedal that I encorporate with my setup but that's a whole different story.

ALL THAT'S BEEN WRITTEN ARE MY OPINOINS ALONE AND NO ONE ELSE'S. THANKS, HEHE :lol:

Offline leech

• Philmusicus Addictus
need your advice!!
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 09:41:26 AM »
markflo
i can only review the 2 latter pedals...the ds-1 keeley is pretty much a "marshall in a box"...real heavy but non-metal distortion...humihinga yugn distortion niya...makapal siya...

yung valveboy naman, depende sa tubes na ikabit mo, but over all...it's an overdrive, not a distortion...so yung bigat niya similar sa ds-1 keeley , iba lang voicing

demonizer looks good...but it's kinda too expensive...might as well save a few more and buy a nice amp...heheh

ah ok...gets ko na yung tunog ng ds1, how about the cobination of the ds1 ultra ang tubescreamer(keeley mode din) yung nsa site ni robert keeley? any reviews? so yung ds1 ultra solves my solo probs... :D  yung heavy dist nalang...thnx

stratman1
US boy here, hehe. Ok. Heres my take on it.

1) DS-1 Keeley mod, I have. Like what Markflo said, "MARSHALL IN A BOX". Pretty cool for crunch and lead but not chug-a-chug-a sound. Mainly classic sound with an edge to me. From tame to angry with a twist of your guitar volume knob. Kinda like a modded Marshall.

2) Metal Zone (MT2) Keeley mode, I have. 80's metal to grind core nu-metal. Heavy chug sound. You have to listen to this pedal in a higher volume setting to get the real feel of it. You said yo have the GE7. I use the GE7 as a booster and to tailor to sound at the same time. I usually add a little bass to the boost/lead setting.

3) ValveBoy. I tried that out and I must say, It's a good pedal for it's purpose. From clean to nasty. You can get a real high gain grind nu-metal sound. Similar to a Mesa Rectifier. The only thing I noticed is that it adds too much bass to the sound. Some people like it, others don't. I'd go for this but it's too expensive for me, hehe.

4)Demonizer control. Haven't tried it yet so I have no comment.

5) BBE Boosta Grande. Haven't tried it yet so no comment.

When I'm not able to use my own amp I use the DS-1 - MT-2 - GE7 combo. I get a wide variety of sound. Fulltone Fulldrive 2 is another dirt pedal that I encorporate with my setup but that's a whole different story.

ALL THAT'S BEEN WRITTEN ARE MY OPINOINS ALONE AND NO ONE ELSE'S. THANKS, HEHE

hehe...nalito nako ah...from what i read eh lahat maganda talaga... i'll just probly try to get the ds1(keeley),mt2(keeley) and the valveboy...

bro, have you tried combining the mt2 and the valveboy? i wonder how it sounds....hehe!! (heavy chug + valveboy booosttt)

grabe ang dami ko nang nakalista!! hehe!!!

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
need your advice!!
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 12:33:15 PM »
Hhmm... never tried the MT-2 + VAlveboy combo. I take it you should be able to get more gain and heavier chug but along that will also be loud noise. I did try DS-1 + MT-2. YOu have to turn down the gain of the DS-1 to get an appealing sound. Kinda like a boost pedal than a dist. DS-1 by itself have a lot of gain. MT-2 has more gain. If you have both gain up, then you will get a lot of noise, as with most of the hi gain amps pit there. Play with them and see what you like. At the end of the day, you will be satisfying yourself and no one else, hehe :lol:

Offline markflo

need your advice!!
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 12:35:43 PM »
parang over the top ata yang valveboy + metal zone ah...hehhe

metal zone palang ang bigat na eh! yung keeley ha? astig yun!...actually miski stock astig na astig ako sa kanya eh...
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
need your advice!!
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 01:02:04 PM »
other things to consider..
-BJFE dyna red distortion
-Pigtronix Disnortion pedal
-Time machine boost by legendary tones. This baby will sort out your solo sound for sure. Check out the George Lynch model of the TMB 8)
Happy Hunting 8) [/url]
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline tumorwarrior

• Veteran Member
need your advice!!
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 01:08:18 PM »
so what other pedal should be used with DS-1 keeley mod to produce that chuga-chuga metal sound?
FOR SALE: PSE MILLENNIUM V5 COMPOUND BOW <br />50lbs draw weight/ 27" draw legnth (+/-2")<br />complete with sight, center stab, dampers, carter triger, Easton X10 Arrows, bow case<br />40K lang san ka pa. Pm me for contact details

Offline kamots

need your advice!!
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2006, 01:09:45 PM »
Quote from: tumorwarrior
so what other pedal should be used with DS-1 keeley mod to produce that chuga-chuga metal sound?

A marshall shredmaster might work  :P .
walang maisip

Offline leech

• Philmusicus Addictus
need your advice!!
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2006, 01:22:28 PM »
stratman1
Hhmm... never tried the MT-2 + VAlveboy combo. I take it you should be able to get more gain and heavier chug but along that will also be loud noise. I did try DS-1 + MT-2. YOu have to turn down the gain of the DS-1 to get an appealing sound. Kinda like a boost pedal than a dist. DS-1 by itself have a lot of gain. MT-2 has more gain. If you have both gain up, then you will get a lot of noise, as with most of the hi gain amps pit there. Play with them and see what you like. At the end of the day, you will be satisfying yourself and no one else, hehe

hehe!! oo nga eh...i could just imagine how heavy and muddy it can be...pero syempre i'll just the dist knob and toggle the frequencies of the mt2 just to have the right level...(tolerable level) haha!! :D  di kaya sumabog yung ns2 ko... :(

Offline leech

• Philmusicus Addictus
need your advice!!
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2006, 01:26:57 PM »
markflo

metal zone palang ang bigat na eh! yung keeley ha? astig yun!...actually miski stock astig na astig ako sa kanya eh...

oo nga eh... over-kill ba? pero ok lang at least madami akong options.. :D

Offline leech

• Philmusicus Addictus
need your advice!!
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2006, 01:29:23 PM »
pallas
other things to consider..
-BJFE dyna red distortion
-Pigtronix Disnortion pedal
-Time machine boost by legendary tones. This baby will sort out your solo sound for sure. Check out the George Lynch model of the TMB  
Happy Hunting  [/url]

ok bro...i'll put it on my list! :D  thnx!

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
need your advice!!
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2006, 01:42:34 PM »
Quote from: markflo

Meng! Astig nga yung MT-2 Keeley. Ibebenta ko na nga sana for $10, eh, pero after nilaro ni Markflo yong MT-2 ko, ganda ng tunog! Nag bago tuloy ang isip ko. SAbi ko, "wag ko na lang ibenta to, nahawak at nalaro na ng EXCELLENCE, eh. Parang nabindisyonan ng POPE", hahaha!!! :twisted:  :lol:

Hhmm... now... if I can only have the talent of Markflo... hhmm..., hehe :lol: Mag sisindi nalang ako ng kandilang itim mamya sa gitna ng pentagram, hahaha :twisted:  :lol:

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
need your advice!!
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2006, 01:46:57 PM »
Quote from: kamots

A marshall shredmaster might work  :P .

Hhmm... not really sure if there are any pedals that you can use in conjunction with the DS-1 to get the chuga-chuga metal sound. You might want to try a boost pedal in front of the DS-1. The boost should act as a gain adder more so than a level booster.

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
need your advice!!
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2006, 01:53:19 PM »
it's a little difficult for a hacksaw to do a cross-cut saw's job.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline tumorwarrior

• Veteran Member
need your advice!!
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2006, 01:58:28 PM »
then i guess i need to have a metalzone for that job. :D
FOR SALE: PSE MILLENNIUM V5 COMPOUND BOW <br />50lbs draw weight/ 27" draw legnth (+/-2")<br />complete with sight, center stab, dampers, carter triger, Easton X10 Arrows, bow case<br />40K lang san ka pa. Pm me for contact details

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
need your advice!!
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2006, 03:45:34 PM »
then i guess i need to have a metalzone for that job. :D

Yup! :lol:

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
need your advice!!
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2006, 08:08:33 PM »
....or a digitech metal master or a line 6 uber metal.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
need your advice!!
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2006, 04:46:33 AM »
Quote from: Al_Librero

Those are really good chug-a-chug pedals too.

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
need your advice!!
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2006, 04:58:32 AM »
Quote from: stratman1
Quote from: Al_Librero

Those are really good chug-a-chug pedals too.

anyone has some soundclips of the ubermetal? meron ba sa line 6 website? maganda ang reviews e.

Offline markflo

need your advice!!
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2006, 05:03:14 AM »
nakow! sana binenta mo nalang ng $10 sa akin! ehehhe...

pangit pala yung metal zone...pangit! ....so...akin nalang...heheh...

Quote from: stratman1
Quote from: markflo

Meng! Astig nga yung MT-2 Keeley. Ibebenta ko na nga sana for $10, eh, pero after nilaro ni Markflo yong MT-2 ko, ganda ng tunog! Nag bago tuloy ang isip ko. SAbi ko, "wag ko na lang ibenta to, nahawak at nalaro na ng EXCELLENCE, eh. Parang nabindisyonan ng POPE", hahaha!!! :twisted:  :lol:

Hhmm... now... if I can only have the talent of Markflo... hhmm..., hehe :lol: Mag sisindi nalang ako ng kandilang itim mamya sa gitna ng pentagram, hahaha :twisted:  :lol: