hulika

Author Topic: The PRS Thread...  (Read 497880 times)

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: The PRS Thread...
« Reply #300 on: June 28, 2010, 01:42:55 PM »
im still looking for the wrench to adjust the truss rod. the dude who got this said he didnt get one when he bought it. the dudes are JB Music are really sneaky. went to JB Megamall yesterday to ask if they sell any, the BOSS was there (i knew him, that mestizo guy who also owns Salonga in Cubao) who told me they dont have any to sell separately and that they come with every purchase of a PRS guitar. i bet one of those goons wouldve sold me one (one they didnt give those who bought before... coz ive read some who bought brand new never got one as well), one they kept for themselves, had the boss not been around :|

Yes, I believe so too.  Bad thing is the "sneaky" ones are those who are in higher up positions pa.  The staff and even the branch managers are really good people as far as my experiences are cincerned.  It's a shame that the "bosses" are not as straight up as their employess.  It's a good thing these bosses are not the frontliners or else I wouldn't have been getting stuff from them for a little over 2 decades aleady.

Case in point, I never got a registration card for one of the guitars I bought so I asked for it.  Stsff said they will get it from head office but when they weren't able to do so, I went directly to the product manager.  I was then told that there were no reg cards for the batch of shipment my guitar came in with and that they have requested for the reg cards already which they expect to arrive with the next shipment.  So when the next shipment came, no word from the PM.  I let that pass but after another shipment, wala pa rin.  So I brought it up once more with the PM and he said that it may arrive with the next shipment already.  So I waited for the next shipment to come and there was not even any advise from the PM again.  After almost 2 years of waiting for it, I brought the matter up with PRS US and that specific guitar got registered in kess than 2 days!  So much for the local PM's credibility for me.

ako meron, friends kami nung taga harisson plaza branch, hindi naman close, pero lagi kasi ako nabisita run eh.. :-D

may kasamang trembar (syempre) 2 extra springs, and pang intonate ng saddles.

There should be a free guitar cable too (straight to angled moulded type).  If none, better ask them about it.  I know that was just a generic cable but it's the principle that matters here, don't you think?

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #301 on: June 28, 2010, 01:46:45 PM »

There should be a free guitar cable too (straight to angled moulded type).  If none, better ask them about it.  I know that was just a generic cable but it's the principle that matters here, don't you think?

the cable i dunno.. baka yung sayo eh talagang freebie na ng jb sayo? or dapat talaga meron?
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #302 on: June 28, 2010, 02:07:17 PM »
the cable i dunno.. baka yung sayo eh talagang freebie na ng jb sayo? or dapat talaga meron?

Although the PRS site doesn't mention what is included in a complete SE "package", some reviews and online store describe the parts that come along with it.  I went to my suking branch with these info in mind.   :-)

When they brought out the gigbag, it was already inside along with the other stuff.  Packed professionally-looking (hehe) inside a long ziplock back (<--- this should have been typed as "bag" haha) that was just the exact size for everything.  

« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 02:39:15 PM by curiousdcat »

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #303 on: June 28, 2010, 02:34:38 PM »
Although the PRS site doesn't mention what is included in a complete SE "package", some reviews and online store describe the parts that come along with it.  I went to my suking branch with these info in mind.   :-)

When they brought out the gigbag, it was already inside along with the other stuff.  Packed professionally-looking (hehe) inside a long ziplock back that was just the exact size for everything. 

same here.. i still have that zip lock plastic.. wrenches at cable ang kasama..

Offline throwinshapes

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #304 on: June 28, 2010, 03:30:51 PM »
saan kang branch bumili? we should complain.

Sa Trinoma bro. Does it matter if I bought it on clearance sale? It didn't come with a strap either, so I had to buy one pa. :\ I only got the guitar and the gig bag. No ziplock bag or anything. I wasn't aware that it was supposed to be part of the package until just now, but since I bought on March 26th, ewan ko pa kung pwede ko pa habulin.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 03:34:02 PM by throwinshapes »

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #305 on: June 28, 2010, 03:34:33 PM »
Although the PRS site doesn't mention what is included in a complete SE "package", some reviews and online store describe the parts that come along with it.  I went to my suking branch with these info in mind.   :-)

When they brought out the gigbag, it was already inside along with the other stuff.  Packed professionally-looking (hehe) inside a long ziplock back (<--- this should have been typed as "bag" haha) that was just the exact size for everything.  

yes may ziplock ako pero wala ang cable.. oh well basta may pang adjust ng truss rod solve nako..

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #306 on: June 28, 2010, 03:37:24 PM »
Sa Trinoma bro. Does it matter if I bought it on clearance sale?

No it doesn't. i bought mine dati nung sale sila..

It didn't come with a strap either, so I had to buy one pa. :\ I only got the guitar and the gig bag. No ziplock bag or anything. I wasn't aware that it was supposed to be part of the package until just now, but since I bought on March 26th, ewan ko pa kung pwede ko pa habulin.

mine didn't come with a strap either.. just two wrenches and a cheap cable.. then some freebies..  :lol:
try mo sila bro icontact ulit.. baka pwede pa.. well, it's your right na makuha yun kasi kasama dapat yun..

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #307 on: June 28, 2010, 04:07:39 PM »
yes may ziplock ako pero wala ang cable.. oh well basta may pang adjust ng truss rod solve nako..

No loss for you bro.  As chino said, they were cheap cables and I completely agree.   In fact, I never bothered to use them nor even try them out at all.  :-)  It really is just so irritating that this happens in supposedly reputable stores.    :-(

mine didn't come with a strap either.. just two wrenches and a cheap cable.. then some freebies..  :lol:
try mo sila bro icontact ulit.. baka pwede pa.. well, it's your right na makuha yun kasi kasama dapat yun..

If I find out that it came with a strap and "they" kept mine from me --- magwawala ako!   :lol: 

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #308 on: June 28, 2010, 04:11:37 PM »
No loss for you bro.  As chino said, they were cheap cables and I completely agree.   In fact, I never bothered to use them nor even try them out at all.  :-)  It really is just so irritating that this happens in supposedly reputable stores.    :-(

If I find out that it came with a strap and "they" kept mine from me --- magwawala ako!   :lol: 

HOPE MR JBMUSICLEE SEES THIS :-D :-D :-D

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #309 on: June 28, 2010, 04:13:14 PM »
No loss for you bro.  As chino said, they were cheap cables and I completely agree.   In fact, I never bothered to use them nor even try them out at all.  :-)  It really is just so irritating that this happens in supposedly reputable stores.    :-(

hahaha.. mismo.. my cheap cable is still unused until now.. haha..

If I find out that it came with a strap and "they" kept mine from me --- magwawala ako!   :lol:  

haha.. easy lang bro.. but i got some freebies when i bought the guitar.. a set of d'addario 9s and a two string winders..  :lol:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 09:44:17 PM by r_chino18 »

Offline gwenmoyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #310 on: June 28, 2010, 09:29:51 PM »
Nung nabili ko ung tremonti sa jb sm north naka 30% off sya. May freebies nman na binigay, isang cheap strap at surelock cable. Kaso pakiramdam ko hinde nman nila ibibigay un kung hinde ako humingi ng gigbag. Kinapalan ko lng ang muka ko na humingi baka may ibigay. Ayun binigyan ako prs gigbag pa. Jackpot kako pa nga, un pla kasama talaga. Muntik ko pa inuwi ung gitara na walang bag. Saka abot ng cable at strap. Hayst!
whoa! nice rig you got there, DINOSAUR!!!

Offline mrslow96

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #311 on: June 28, 2010, 09:35:52 PM »
waaa , pag bili ko sa prs ko gig bag lang libre , wala na iba ! :-(

Offline grasyaps

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #312 on: June 28, 2010, 10:09:21 PM »
ako nung bumili, ang binayaran ko lang ung sperzel locking tuners, dimarzio super distortion at joe paf humbuckers pati ung dunlop straplocks at planet waves na strap.

libre yung guitara  :-P

wla nga lang pangpihit ng truss rod  :wink:
Most Recent Successful Deals with: cap10weevil, carey, david_leyson, DyuN_whamMe, gt bass, guitarmaniacgino, jacobsarinas, jimny, jodencio, loydariel, pie_key, prince22, Spoonbender, sysrq1172, washburnt25

Offline cumbersome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #313 on: June 28, 2010, 10:15:10 PM »
Bought my Cu22 from JB. No freebies, not even a strap or a pack of strings. :(

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #314 on: June 28, 2010, 10:17:22 PM »
Bought my Cu22 from JB. No freebies, not even a strap or a pack of strings. :(

whoa.. now that's unfair.. dapat they can even give you a free boston pedal.. grabe..

Offline cumbersome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #315 on: June 28, 2010, 10:27:05 PM »
^I guess their discounts balance things out, but a pick or a cable here and there can do wonders for their PR.

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #316 on: June 28, 2010, 10:37:17 PM »
^I guess their discounts balance things out, but a pick or a cable here and there can do wonders for their PR.

yeah.. pero i got my guitar nung sale eh.. and they still gave freebies.. well.. technically, i had to ask for freebies..  :lol:

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #317 on: June 28, 2010, 11:44:07 PM »
They actually gave me a Boston M-15 amp as a freebie.  I asked them if I could get a further discount if I don't accept the amp.  Not possible daw, the price would still be the same.  So I just got the amp and sold it immediately here in PhilMu.  hehe
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 11:53:49 PM by curiousdcat »

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #318 on: June 28, 2010, 11:53:01 PM »
ako nung bumili, ang binayaran ko lang ung sperzel locking tuners, dimarzio super distortion at joe paf humbuckers pati ung dunlop straplocks at planet waves na strap.

libre yung guitara  :-P

Yes, bro....rub it in.  hehe  I still say you're one lucky b!   :lol:

ADDENDUM:

wla nga lang pangpihit ng truss rod  :wink:

I have just examined the truss rod wrench awhile ago and I think that a socket wrench can be used as an alternative.  Anyways, I googled "truss rod wrench alternative" before posting my suggestion and it did come up with a couple of sites that say a socket wrench will do.  All yo have to do now is find one that fits.  Good luck!   :-)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 12:14:48 AM by curiousdcat »

Offline grasyaps

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #319 on: June 29, 2010, 01:20:07 AM »
Yes, bro....rub it in.  hehe  I still say you're one lucky b!   :lol:

ADDENDUM:

I have just examined the truss rod wrench awhile ago and I think that a socket wrench can be used as an alternative.  Anyways, I googled "truss rod wrench alternative" before posting my suggestion and it did come up with a couple of sites that say a socket wrench will do.  All yo have to do now is find one that fits.  Good luck!   :-)

been trying to look for one. no luck with the local tool shops. my SE has a straight neck so really no need to adjust, yet. its the japanese yamaha acoustic im wanting to adjust, which incidentally has the same type of truss rod.
Most Recent Successful Deals with: cap10weevil, carey, david_leyson, DyuN_whamMe, gt bass, guitarmaniacgino, jacobsarinas, jimny, jodencio, loydariel, pie_key, prince22, Spoonbender, sysrq1172, washburnt25

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #320 on: June 29, 2010, 02:52:52 AM »
actually cash ready ako sa 10k diyan eh, pinigilan ko lang ang sarili ko dahil gusto ko ng strat, or ng ibby prestige. halos pareho na kasi ng prs se ko eh. anyway, GOOD SCORE MAN. WALA KANG TALO KAHIT SA ANONG BANDA JAN.

SPERZEL PRON. heres what i did to the holes.

ang pinambutas ko jan para sa sperzel ko ay!!!! SCREWDRIVER NA MALIIT. TIGAS KO E. ayan pareho tayo naka sperzels hehe

my beloved with her levy's (ayus ang suede na ilalim, hindi magslide ang gitara) and pick holder.

Nice, we have the same model and color.

Offline ernestjulian

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #321 on: June 29, 2010, 09:14:16 AM »
:-o :-o :-o sana may ganyan din ako
I play guitars for EMBERCORE | LITA'S CURSE | BLUNT CONCEPT

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #322 on: June 29, 2010, 09:20:21 AM »

i so love my prs se. next time papa refret ko ito, jumbo frets na hehe, and try ko pa scallop..

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #323 on: June 29, 2010, 09:33:59 AM »
:-o :-o :-o sana may ganyan din ako

Dude, mas maganda nga yung sayo eh. Trip ko din yan! Tremonti! :evil:

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #324 on: June 29, 2010, 09:41:14 AM »
kelan kaya magkaka tone party ang mga may prs? sama din ang may mga US prs, kahit minority sila hehe