hulika

Author Topic: Scalarizer Thread  (Read 256912 times)

Offline glassjaw_jc

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Scalarizer Thread
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2007, 12:35:09 PM »
oo nga eh.. di ko magets kun baket........
Surf's Up!

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2007, 12:37:42 PM »
hay, i hope this thread doesn't go ugly...

uu nga! may fun spoiler na naman! ayun oh!

Ugly? It's all about beauty, my friend. I dunno who his guitar is named after, but my Akane is named after...

Akane Sakura. The hottest, retired, Jap AV idol there ever was  :mrgreen:

we can all be happy :) i've got her photo book, who wants? will email it to the buyers of the scalarizer  :-D
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2007, 12:38:50 PM »
may isang foumites lang talaga tayo na inlove sa titblokblok nya este titanium block nya. tira ng tira ng di nya pa alam talaga ang tunog. porket may pera sya kaya nya kasing magyabang. soundclips nga!

those interested... punta na lang kayo sa shop ni bamf mamaya.... madaming forumers mamaya dun hehehe

exact address is 158 calamba cor sto. domigo st.
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline glassjaw_jc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2007, 12:40:07 PM »
hay, i hope this thread doesn't go ugly...

uu nga! may fun spoiler na naman! ayun oh!

Ugly? It's all about beauty, my friend. I dunno who his guitar is named after, but my Akane is named after...

Akane Sakura. The hottest, retired, Jap AV idol there ever was  :mrgreen:

we can all be happy :) i've got her photo book, who wants? will email it to the buyers of the scalarizer  :-D

I'll buy but you have to send the photo book to me first  :-D
Surf's Up!

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2007, 12:41:02 PM »
OT: oist anton pm mo ako ng ym id mo. may ym ka ba dyan sa office? send ko sayo yung kantang isesession mo para sa client natin na for recording tonight

Offline kelvinator

« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2007, 12:44:39 PM »
people.. san pwedeng bumili niyang scalarizer megatronix..  :mrgreen:
bummer..

Offline micr0chimp

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2007, 12:45:05 PM »
Mamaya? Sayang di ako makakadaan! Record ba kayo, jepoy? May kliyente din ako hanggang mga 12mn e.

I'll take a photo book, fafa anton! Wehehehe.

Offline markflo

« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2007, 12:50:05 PM »
.... so stop claiming that your small thingy does just that becase even if I am just half way there....

man...that sounds like what my ex girlfriend told me before leaving me....  :-(

bwahahhahahaha!

i'm sorry! i couldn't help it! bwahahhahahah!
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline ayofish

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2007, 12:51:29 PM »
sir bamf. d ko gets. papa kinisin nung sca;larizer ung sound?? pag metal sound ano mangyayari?? takot kasi ako sa possible effects .. baka lumambot gitara ko ... ??
"Practice makes perfect, But no one is perfect so why practice? Because practice makes masters and experts!!!!"

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2007, 12:55:02 PM »
Mamaya? Sayang di ako makakadaan! Record ba kayo, jepoy? May kliyente din ako hanggang mga 12mn e.

I'll take a photo book, fafa anton! Wehehehe.

kahit after 12mn nandun pa kami! punta ka! pati si hazel nandun mamaya

Offline Kulas

« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2007, 01:06:35 PM »
.... so stop claiming that your small thingy does just that becase even if I am just half way there....

man...that sounds like what my ex girlfriend told me before leaving me....  :-(

bwahahhahahaha!

i'm sorry! i couldn't help it! bwahahhahahah!

markflo... BIIIG talent! small thingy? hahaha!

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2007, 01:10:43 PM »
oist kulas punta ka rin mamaya ha

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2007, 01:13:04 PM »
Okeyyy Hardogai !!!

Before you shoot your fingers off, first off, it's not "electronic". You'll be closer to "electromagnetic". But still, not yet. How about "psycho-acoustic"? And no, I won't tell you. I want you calling Arie and Lito and all the other frikkin experts you know asking them if they've heard of anything called a "scalarizer".

And while it does appear that nothing anyone can say will convince you as you're still trying to validate your expensive lumps of metal (albeit and amidst  terrible reviews on foreign forums), there will be no substitute for an in-person shootout.  And you don't have any idea either of what Anton's Greco smoked. Two very expensive, very well endowed American Stratocasters. Sorry for the short track record, after all the scalarizer has been invented only very recently. Save your theories. Let the ears decide. [gooey brown stuff] guitars will remain [gooey brown stuff] pala ha. I think I have to acquaint you with my RJ PRS with P350 "JB" humbucking pickups. BAMF-potted AND Scalarized. Baka lumuha ang Bareknuckles mong gitara sa kanya.

So gather what balls you got and show up on Saturday. Don't worry, we'll all be civil. C'mon ! If you think you can't lose, then you have nothing to lose ! Yes, I'm serious. Saturday, 7 pm, 158 Sto. Domingo corner Calamba st., Quezon City. It's quite close to Arie's place so you won't have a problem getting there. Parking is safe and free. Beer and pulutan is on me. YOu don't show up and you'll be marked [gooey brown stuff] for life.

But seriously, I'd gladly throttle back to my non-confrontational mode Alex, if I only had any assurance that you're not just jerking people off in this forum. But in fairness, I have to thank you. If not for your being such an oass, I would not have kicked my butt trying to perfect this device. It was specifically made to smoke all your guitars.

At any rate though, there will be more and more people with great sounding guitars. I don't have to make it my life's mission to smoke your stuff. You did have a role to play in the process though. Just like Gollum in Return of the King.

As I said before, nothing can do what a titanium block can do.  Electronic enhancements are not the same.  The titanium block with titanium saddles expands the vibrational qualities of the guitar and makes 10 gauges feel like 9s in ease of playing but at the same time retaining the volume and tone of 10s. 

By the way, you started the comparison.  Ang mali sa iyo, you compared actual physical hardware versus something you stick to the electronics of a guitar.  I do not discount that the scalarizer can affect/improve the sound of the guitar but it will not improve it like the way titanium does.  I am not saying one type is better than the other but rather both affect the guitar sound differently.  So you cannot compare.

1. Before you claim expansiveness, let me define it.  You need a guitar with good sounding wood that vibrates and you need an amp with the ability to project sound in a 3d soundstage.  Now your mod can make things sound clearer and better but I doubt that it is expansive.

2. Even a paper in oil capacitor upgrade in the tone circuit which you maligned ages ago can be immediately heard on any amp. 

3. A [gooey brown stuff] guitar will remain [gooey brown stuff] in terms of character.  In short, a dead sounding guitar will not sound alive with your mod. 

4. There is no cost to ratio comparison because titanium parts affect the sound differently than any modification on the electronic circuit. 

Are you really sure about Anton's strat about smokin my Strat?   Do you have an idea what my Strat has smoked?  Do you know who has used my strat to record? Do you know about all the modifications that have gone thru my Strat which still perfectly looks like a 54 Strat?   

I have nothing against your scalarizer.  A year ago you kept on berating Paper in Oil Capacitors now you are promoting this one of a kind thingy.  You have no idea at all how a million peso rig will sound like so stop claiming that your small thingy does just that becase even if I am just half way there, I will tell you that it aint just a scalarizer.
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline Kulas

« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2007, 01:21:58 PM »
yeah, maganda naman yung nagagawang effect nung "scalarizer" eh. pero no offense, BAMF...

palitan mo naman yung pangalan oh, hehe. it sounds like a device found in 80's sci-fi movies eh, hehe. plus medyo mahirap bigkasin, hehe. baka pwede mong pangalanan in the lines of the sonic stomp or sonic maximizer. maybe we can call it a "sonic expander" since it expands the sonic characteristics of guitars... in short, we can name it...

"the sexpander!!!"

"makes your guitars real woody!"

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2007, 01:22:35 PM »
At any rate though, there will be more and more people with great sounding guitars. I don't have to make it my life's mission to smoke your stuff. You did have a role to play in the process though. Just like Gollum in Return of the King.

hahahahahahahahahaha

bow!

"the sexpander!!!"

i love it man!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 01:25:34 PM by edgeofillusion-jepoy »

Offline Boosted

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2007, 01:33:59 PM »
kinabitan guitar ko nito ni bamf kahapon(ibby rga121).. well it stayed on my guitar simply because im happy with how it changed/expanded/enhanced or whatever you may call it.. ni hindi ko nga alam kung ano un eh. basta sabi lang nya ay teka may lalagay ako dyan.. hehehe

dalhin ko din prs ko sa kanya mamaya.

if it sounds good, it sounds good. kahit ano pa sabihin ng ibang tao. :D

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2007, 01:35:31 PM »
The source is even older than the eighties. Think turn of the twentieth century. Nikola Tesla.

yeah, maganda naman yung nagagawang effect nung "scalarizer" eh. pero no offense, BAMF...

palitan mo naman yung pangalan oh, hehe. it sounds like a device found in 80's sci-fi movies eh, hehe. plus medyo mahirap bigkasin, hehe. baka pwede mong pangalanan in the lines of the sonic stomp or sonic maximizer. maybe we can call it a "sonic expander" since it expands the sonic characteristics of guitars... in short, we can name it...

"the sexpander!!!"

Offline Kulas

« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2007, 01:43:00 PM »
The source is even older than the eighties. Think turn of the twentieth century. Nikola Tesla.

"the sexpander!!!"

shows your age, hahaha!

Offline micsis

• Veteran Member
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2007, 01:48:31 PM »
Hey bamf, I need to get my order from you soon, dami narin gusto magpalagay na guitarists taga south. I want to go to our shop sat. night but i have band practice. Well I can ask again a friend to do me an errand favor.

I'm standing on a ROCK and my name is on the ROLL

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2007, 01:52:41 PM »
umm...yeah.

That was my name in a previous life.  :evil: :evil: :evil:

"the sexpander!!!"

shows your age, hahaha!

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2007, 01:53:55 PM »
Hey bamf, I need to get my order from you soon, dami narin gusto magpalagay na guitarists taga south. I want to go to our shop sat. night but i have band practice. Well I can ask again a friend to do me an errand favor.

Sige lang ser. BAMFx shop. Address above, 2-9 pm weekdays.

Gosh ! I gotta get there na and have a hundred units produced (yeah !)

Offline xelalien

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2007, 02:01:51 PM »
sir, ive decided, pakabitan ko rin yung RJ ko, and my emg-tc'ed guitar as weel sa friday XD

excited na rin ako dun sa Bakemono!
haadogei fuu fuu fuu!~

more power! \m/

Offline bluejem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2007, 02:05:46 PM »
Sir ano ba itsura ng Scalizer,pwde po ba papost ng pics?tnx :-D
\"My philosophy is: if the product is right, the price is right and you treat your customers the way you want to be treated, the word-of-mouth is faster than <br />the speed of sound!\"<br />(Words from Bill Lawrence)

Offline radimere

• Veteran Member
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2007, 02:06:11 PM »
@BAMF, a few honest questions:

1) How do you thing ageing would impact the performance of your device?
2) Any plans of patenting it?
3) Would a post-signal chain device using a different configuration of the same component be viable? I'm interested in its potential as a post-modeller device.
4) If putting it in the guitar ("in contact with the wood") has any effect on the tone, as you suggested in the other thread, wouldn't that mean that its performance in an XLR box is compromised?

Offline Taoistguitarist

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2007, 02:10:03 PM »

isa na ko dun!! tagal ko na hindi makapunta kina BAMF! Miss ko na yung bicol express mo pre!  im intrigued with this anting anting.

hehehe galing nyan ah. Cheap Boowwwteek!

Pero bakit scalarizer? anything to do with scales. :|  

« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 02:12:41 PM by Taoistguitarist »