hulika

Author Topic: Question on Volume Pedal for Guitars  (Read 1040 times)

Offline nivleklive

Question on Volume Pedal for Guitars
« on: April 26, 2007, 04:12:44 PM »
I plan to use the volume pedal before my effects loop. Should I get low impedance or high impedance? Passive or active? So many choices kasi and all the tech talk is making it even harder for me to decide on what to get.

TIA :)

Kelvin
- live a life of little regret -

Offline rainierito

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Question on Volume Pedal for Guitars
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 03:07:28 AM »
passive... para hindi na hassle mag lagay ng battery or ps

Offline Rock_Fusion

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 04:13:34 AM »
http://www.ernieball.com/faq_content.php?subjectcode=vol_pedals

Q: When would I use an active (25k) pedal as opposed to a 250k/500k "passive" pedal, and why?

A: Passive vs. Active: Whenever there is a passive signal leading into an EB pedal, the 250K or 500K pedal is recommended (mono VP & VPJR 250K and stereo 500K VP pedals available). Whenever there is an active signal (powered preamp in the instrument, effects loop, etc.) leading into an EB pedal, the 25K pot is recommended (stereo VP and mono VPJR pedals available). If an active signal is placed before a 250K or 500K EB pedal, or if a passive signal is placed before a 25K EB pedal, then the consequence may be that the swell of the pedal does not act as designed. Either way, as stated above, try whatever combination you desire, and determine if it works for you. All of our volume pedals are designed to be as transparent as possible in a signal chain. However, whenever you add any component to a signal chain, the signal will change whether it is audible or not. Keyboards are generally served best by the 25k pedals as well.

Offline nivleklive

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 02:56:09 PM »
so if the volume pedal comes before all other effects I should use a passive (250K or 500K) volume pedal right? Nice, thanks fr the info guys! Mukhang yung VP Junio 250k na papabili ko :)
- live a life of little regret -