hulika

Author Topic: Let's celebrate a Blue Xmas!  (Read 16480 times)

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Let's celebrate a Blue Xmas!
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2006, 10:07:25 PM »
Will ask David Aguirre na rin.  :wink:

Offline Allan Roy

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2006, 10:23:32 PM »
sana maanyayahan din si Wally Gonzalez............................

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2006, 09:00:54 AM »
I don't think Wally plays for free though.
Will you guys have a  jam set available to accommodate the guests like Jun and David? because if so, I'd like to sit in (on drums nga lang).
Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2006, 11:22:06 AM »
Won't be sure if these folks will be able to make it until the day, itself most likely. Deltaslim is the lead dude on this one. Daddy delta?  :-D

That would be totally cool Jim!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 11:24:22 AM by blue buddha »

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2006, 01:31:10 PM »
grabe , it's already a blue christmas here where im at....3 yrs running na( violins playing in the background)

pero ang saya ng christmas ninyo dyan pareng joric, blue buddha , TT, dopedeeva, lefty and everyone! pagbutihin ninyo. and please whisper a prayer for us here,while you're all wailing away in angush, joy and sorrow on your blues jam.Lord knows we could all use a little prayer in our lives.
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2006, 06:56:30 PM »
Won't be sure if these folks will be able to make it until the day, itself most likely. Deltaslim is the lead dude on this one. Daddy delta?  :-D

That would be totally cool Jim!

Wow - this is overwhelming!  Thanks for the interest.  Everybody is welcome, of course, especially Jun, Dave, and Wally.  Pero if any of them want to extract some kind of talent fee, they should discuss it with the band they're jamming with.  Kung open jam naman, well, free will naman ng jammers yun eh.  This all about celebrating xmas and the spirit of giving (including our music, talent, and time).

With these developments, I'm thinking of pulling Jook Joint out of the lineup just to make space for longer sets by the 3 bands w/ jammers, and still have time for open jam. My understanding is that around 1am ang cut-off ng Conspi eh.  Pero minsan nakaka-stretch ng konti (eg, begging and pleading sa irate neighbors).  Still, we need to start promptly.

Hey Jim - I already invited you in a previous post in this thread.  You are always welcome.  With Joey P already there, why not call the Mabanta brothers and cook up some hot Mexicali dishes!  ;-)

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2006, 06:59:39 PM »
grabe , it's already a blue christmas here where im at....3 yrs running na( violins playing in the background)

pero ang saya ng christmas ninyo dyan pareng joric, blue buddha , TT, dopedeeva, lefty and everyone! pagbutihin ninyo. and please whisper a prayer for us here,while you're all wailing away in angush, joy and sorrow on your blues jam.Lord knows we could all use a little prayer in our lives.

jon, don't be blue, bro. we are praying for you and all hardworking pinoys overseas (2, and soon 3, of my brothers are expats/migrants).  you are with us in spirit naman e... well, that or we'll just post the vids on youtube.   :-D

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2006, 02:57:55 AM »
youtube?  alam mo ang nakakainis delta? im using my alaga's powerbook G4 and i cant download the new flash player that is needed to make vids play.

kakainis. maski friendster biglang nagququit ang explorer while surfing.
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2006, 06:43:15 PM »
Blue X'mas this friday na.  8-)

Offline rakrakan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2006, 07:20:58 PM »
oo nga, sana wala nang bagyo!
Blue X'mas this friday na.  8-)

Offline kahel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2006, 02:25:08 PM »
2 days na lang party tone na :mrgreen:

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2006, 07:32:34 AM »
UPDATE:

1.  Rebolusyon Rekords will be selling Blueskrieg cds at the gate.  They also plan to organize some xmas fun and games and will give out prizes.  Even cooler, they will offer this promo:

2. Free entrance for every purchase of Blueskrieg cd
... otherwise, entrance is PhP100.   :-)

3.  I'm not sure and can't predict how many plan to bring xmas exchange gifts, but I've gotten feedback that some people are willing to bring cds as give aways or prizes. Maybe we'll just have a paripa (w/ tambiolo?!) or something to determine winners.

4.  Neither Soul Benders nor Firebottle have had the time to learn and rehearse a xmas song. I can always play Silent Night, Holy Night on slide tho. :-)  I'm looking forward to Blue Rats' blues xmas tune -- I know they're ready!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 08:38:16 AM by deltaslim »

Offline kahel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2006, 02:19:59 PM »
count me in anong oras umpisa ng Christmas party?  joric pa jam ako sa firebottle ha :-)

Offline rakrakan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2006, 05:43:59 PM »

ok bukas na ito! We'll have some games. hint: Gals and boys brush up on your blues and xmas history. ;)

Last night at the xmas party of Rebolusyon/Sound Weavers DAHON performed an energetic set then it was a jam session with deltaslim, Emi and Chester of plug, Zann and Ruben of Snakecharmer - galing, fun!

Kita kits!

Offline kahel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2006, 06:47:24 PM »
hohohohoho I am not Santa Clause Still Merry Christmas!!!!

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2006, 12:37:00 AM »
Last night at the xmas party of Rebolusyon/Sound Weavers DAHON performed an energetic set then it was a jam session with deltaslim, Emi and Chester of plug, Zann and Ruben of Snakecharmer - galing, fun!

i am now a certified Bola fan. :-D

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2006, 07:21:14 AM »

i am now a certified Bola fan. :-D

Bola IS rakenrol personified!!!

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2006, 02:03:43 PM »
What a fun gig!

Soul Benders were tasty, tasty, tasty! Lito was smoooooth. Arie's tele was spanking through that tweed. Delta's slide was slipperrrrry...

Snakecharmer was smoking. Messyhands and Teletubby were hot.

Highlight of the evening: Milli Vanilli........... that's 3beers looking like he was lip syncing onstage with Snakecharmer on "You Can't Always Get What You Want"...... because the mic was off.  :-D :-D :-D

Thanks to daddy delta for putting it together. Some guys took some video -- paki-post lang kung pwede so we can see how terrible we were....  :lol:

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2006, 04:47:26 PM »
What a fun gig!

Soul Benders were tasty, tasty, tasty! Lito was smoooooth. Arie's tele was spanking through that tweed. Delta's slide was slipperrrrry...

Snakecharmer was smoking. Messyhands and Teletubby were hot.

Highlight of the evening: Milli Vanilli........... that's 3beers looking like he was lip syncing onstage with Snakecharmer on "You Can't Always Get What You Want"...... because the mic was off.  :-D :-D :-D

Thanks to daddy delta for putting it together. Some guys took some video -- paki-post lang kung pwede so we can see how terrible we were....  :lol:

HAHAHA!  I gotta agree on the highlight. I told TT dati na anthem na yung Dylan tune nila.  Pero anthemic din itong rendition nila ng Stones tune na to. :-)  (*ayos ba sa save, Messyhands?*)

Coolest part for me was that we all had a lot of time to hang out, enjoy each others' music, magkulitan, alaskahan, sing-along, whatever!!! Party talaga kagabi, thanks for staying till the last bagsakan (ng Jook Jam featuring "Joe Cocker" impersonator... Butch!)

Blue Rats played their average gig -- uniformly excellent, tight, and entertaining.   :-D

As for Soul Benders, I hear a lot of good feeback on (and demand in the future for more) pinoy rock and Eagles! ;-)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 07:50:28 AM by deltaslim »

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2006, 05:29:16 PM »
Had a good time playing drums with Joric Slim and Dr. Ted - I think we ended up playing a whole set's stuff of material though I had no idea what was playing until we actually played it! (nor did I know who I was playing with! Was that Arie on guitar?) If the Benders need a sub drummer gimme a call Delta!
Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2006, 06:10:06 PM »
ho hum... another fun blues gig... :roll: :roll: :roll:

:-D :-D :-D sana meron ulit next year....

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2006, 06:25:56 PM »
Had a good time playing drums with Joric Slim and Dr. Ted - I think we ended up playing a whole set's stuff of material though I had no idea what was playing until we actually played it! (nor did I know who I was playing with! Was that Arie on guitar?) If the Benders need a sub drummer gimme a call Delta!

Yeah, it ended up being Soul Benders 2nd set w/ you as the drummer. To be honest, kating kati tumugtog ang Soul Benders.  Dami pa naming pwede kantahin sana, including ung request for Maria Cafra and more pinoy and 70s rock.  Midway through "Mary Had A Little Lamb", Arie and I had this exchange (shouting through the din onstage):

Arie: Ano next?
Joric: Alin, yung after nitong verse?
Arie: Hindi, yung next na song natin?
Joric: Ano ka ba?! Mamaya na natin isipin yan!   :-D

Pero, really, the honor was ours, Jim.  Your fills and syncopations were awesome.  Halos mapahinto ako mid-song.  At ang dali makipag-"amuyan" sa yo.  I also like your controlled discipline (jazz drummer at heart?)...  bagay sa Soul Benders --- nakasandal din kasi kami sa aming Mr. Cool drummer na si Jingle.

Anytime Soul Benders or Firebottle is gigging, you'll always be welcome to drop in and hit the skins.

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2006, 10:00:28 PM »

yep swak ka nga dun bro.  haha, lagot si jingle.

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2006, 10:07:02 PM »
HAHAHA!  I gotta agree on the highlight. I told TT dati na anthem na yung Dylan tune nila.  Pero anthemic din itong rendition nila ng Stones tune na to. :-)  (*ayos ba sa save, TT?*)

i thought you were referring to "Rainy Day Women" ... haha

Coolest part for me was that we all had a lot of time to hang out, enjoy each others' music, magkulitan, alaskahan, sing-along, whatever!!! Party talaga kagabi, thanks for staying till the last bagsakan (ng Jook Jam featuring "Joe Cocker" impersonator... Butch!)

yeah, THAT was a PARTY!

As for Soul Benders, I hear a lot of good feeback on (and demand in the future for more) pinoy rock and Eagles! ;-)

yeah, I'm an Eagles fan right here.  thumbs up!

PS
kinda ironic, that on a blues-themed gig, ang gaganda ng mga amps ie fenders, matchless(?!!!), and vox hahaha... btw thanks to Johnny's workhorse Roland for saving the bass players' asses. :-D

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2006, 10:08:52 PM »
Arie: Ano next?
Joric: Alin, yung after nitong verse?
Arie: Hindi, yung next na song natin?
Joric: Ano ka ba?! Mamaya na natin isipin yan!   :-D

hahaha, lumalabas pagka OC ni arie!!!